Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 07:43 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times

Advertisements

If people don't care that Obama's school records are hidden, this should not matter either.

I personally could care less.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:45 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Why anyone would run for office is beyond me, I'm talking about the really good and decent human beings running.
When you have so many people who want to tell grandiose lies about them and dig into their life's and be so cruel.

I bet that does keep really great humble people from running for office.
You get some snakes who do cause they feed off these icky Peeple who want to distort everyone.
So true, if you are good and decent person looking to run, you need $ to campaign. As soon as that happens you are in someone's back pocket. It's a vicious cycle!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
But the Republicans say dropping out of college is actually an asset for their candidates. That way their supporters can relate to them.
Where do you get some of your ideas? WHo ever said, Republicans think dropping out of college is an asset? Geeze!!!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:12 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where do you get some of your ideas? WHo ever said, Republicans think dropping out of college is an asset? Geeze!!!
Because someone said.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Since the possession of a valid B.Sc. or B.A. degree is a prerequisite for enrollment in a Medical Degree program, Duke University would be within its rights to revoke Rand Paul's M.D. degree especially if he lied to the University about whether he had the degrees from Baylor during the admission process.

What I don't get is universities especially one as hard to get into as Duke wouldn't have checked with Baylor to certify the accuracy and truth of Rand's application to study at Duke and gotten a copy of his transcript.

All I can conclude is someone (Ron Paul maybe ) put the fix in.
And do you also believe all conspiracy stories?

Let's look at it realistically: Of course Duke would not admit someone to medical school or any other post grad program without transcripts. So, I am guessing, he applied during his senior year, was accepted and entered med school. Whether he actually got his BS degree or not is probably more a technicality. People do not get into Duke unless they have outstanding test scores etc. I doubt daddy could have had much influence. He was an MD in Texas.

Now, I do think what Rand did was not the brightest move he has made and it is showing his arrogance which is one thing I don't like about him.

If you think he lied to Duke and they didn't check I have some water front property in NM I will sell you for very little money.

I really can't believe some of you don't think there is more to this story than any of us know.

It looks like the character asassination by the left and the left media is well on its way, one republican candidate at a time.

Last edited by nmnita; 02-16-2015 at 08:30 AM..

Old 02-16-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I wonder if four men died as a result, as in Benghazi?

I wonder if Obama had released his transcripts...............what"revelations" would be uncovered.

Wake up-

Notice how the liberal media, sensing the 2016 elections, is already in full character asassination mode for any potential conservative candidate, while leaving hillary and Elizabeth Warren alone?

Wake up- don't be THAT STUPID.
Yep and look at where the story came from? None other than Salon. I think BentBow probably has the right answer.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because someone said.
someone, probably that is about right someone said, but not many.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
I am already not supporting Rand Paul because his message is changing, thus revealing him to be another self-serving idiot, but that said...

Show me on the job application for US Senator where a) you sign that all information given is true to the best of your knowledge and intentionally misstating any information is subject to removal from office, fine or other penalty or b) that an undergraduate degree is a requirement to hold elected office as a US Senator.

If John Kerry's volume and severity of Vietnam lies can be overlooked allowing him to serve multiple Senate terms, be Democrat nominee for POTUS and now serve as Secretary of State, I am pretty sure Paul's missing undergrad degree is allowable under Senate and federal government rules.

If Ted Kennedy lying about killing someone can allow him to become the "Lion of Senate" for damn near half a century, I think Paul's missing undergrad degree is allowable under Senate and federal government rules.

Not picking on Democrats specifically, but those two jump off the page as some of the worst liars/scumbags the Senate has ever had as members, and neither was tossed out office for their egregious lies, so why would Paul become "ineligible" for office or suffer penalty for a lie that is a) harmless and b) has no bearing on the job of US Senator? Is undergrad work in Biology and English a prereq for being in the Senate? Not sure which article of the US Constitution spells that out, but by all means, illuminate me.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:34 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_za77vlepdQ

Rand Paul caught lying about his college record - Salon.com

Is his bid for the GOP Presidential election over ?

Is he going to be suspended for 6 months without pay like Brian Williams ?

Or politicians are exempted from any sanctions in this case ?
Obama's book jacket bio for 15 years said he was born in Kenya. So what?

Old 02-16-2015, 08:41 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Not sure, he will escape this scandal, I think he's done !!
Scandal? LOL

Let me guess - this is going to be the first presidential election that you're old enough to vote in, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies