Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 08:19 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Actually we do have a dog in this hunt. If we don't help contain these blood thirsty muslims to their side of the planet they'll bring their carnage to the homeland once again. How quickly we forget the lessons that we should have learned at 9-11. If you don't chop off the snakes head he'll keep slithering along until he is within striking distance.
No, we will never stop them from that. You can't stop small groups like that from doing anything, unless you stumble on them by dumb luck or they make a stupid mistake. Heck, we can't even stop illiterate laborers and kids from crossing our borders, so I know we can't stop some Terrorist with any kind of intelligence and a "mission" at all.

Second, there is no "Head" on this Snake. Its an Ideology, not a "Person."

The only lesson we learned from 911 is that we are vulnerable, no matter what we do, and we can not prevent Terrorist attacks.

So we really don't have a Dog in this Hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 08:46 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Yep, it is just Americas job to lead for all the atrocities in the whole world.

I support Obama on this one and I hope he keeps up his dithering ways. Jordan is ready to kick some ISIS a$$ and is requesting military equipment. Since we are MIC nation this sounds like a win win to me, we should sell the King of Jordan anything he needs with in reason. Now we have Egypt wanting to kick some ISIS a$$, we are in the drivers seat where the ME is trying to clean up their own back yard. And on top of that we can sell them weapons, why would we want to get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
At least some countries will take a solid stand against ISIS to avenge the murder of their citizens. It used to be the U. S. that would lead.

Egypt hits ISIS-affiliated terrorists in Libya after video showing mass beheading of Christians appears | Fox News

"A spokesman for the Armed Forces General Command announced the strikes on state radio Monday, marking the first time Cairo has publicly acknowledged taking military action in neighboring Libya, where extremist groups seen as a threat to both countries have taken root in recent years. The statement said the warplanes targeted weapons caches and training camps before returning safely. It said the strikes were "to avenge the bloodshed and to seek retribution from the killers.""
Jordan and Egypt are leaders and the U.S. does nothing? F****g incredible. We have a President who wants popularity with college professors, the mass media, the U.N. establishment and above all Muslims more than he values doing his job.

The President is, at this juncture, adhering to the U.S.'s enemies, and giving them comfort if not aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
But I wish we had a president that was looking out for America's safety -- closing our southern border, e-verify, issuing national ID cards so we know who is here, able to name our enemies as Islamic terrorists, not allowing anyone in from terrorist countries unless closely scrutinized, monitoring passports way closer, better monitoring of mosques, madrasas, and muslim clerics here, etc etc.
You're asking Moses to again part the Red Sea.

Last edited by jbgusa; 02-16-2015 at 09:27 PM..

Old 02-16-2015, 08:50 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Jordan and Egypt are leaders and the U.S. does nothing? F****g incredible. We have a President who wants popularity with college professors, the mass media, the U.N. establishment and above all Muslims more than he values doing his job.

The President is, at this juncture, adhering to the U.S.'s enemies, and giving them comfort if not aid.
I have now asked three times and none of you can answer: Obama asked Congress for an authorization of force. Given that that is the legal means for escalating American involvement, what more do you expect him to do until such time as both Republican-controlled chambers pass the resolution? In another thread we have the exact same clowns essentially arguing that an American who was murdered deserved it and it isn't our problem. How they can contort themselves into every possible position from one minute to the next is beyond me.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
I have now asked three times and none of you can answer: Obama asked Congress for an authorization of force. Given that that is the legal means for escalating American involvement, what more do you expect him to do until such time as both Republican-controlled chambers pass the resolution? In another thread we have the exact same clowns essentially arguing that an American who was murdered deserved it and it isn't our problem. How they can contorted themselves into every possible position from one minute to the next is beyond me.
Obama Derangement Syndrome. The struggle is real!

Seriously though, so many people want us to be the world police. Yes we should throw American lives and treasure into this stuff...again. Why? no really, why is it our job?

Because they seem to WANT to throw away American lives, and spend money like its water suddenly. All the while so many of them whine and cry about government spending....

Old 02-16-2015, 08:56 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
At least some countries will take a solid stand against ISIS to avenge the murder of their citizens. It used to be the U. S. that would lead.

Egypt hits ISIS-affiliated terrorists in Libya after video showing mass beheading of Christians appears | Fox News

"A spokesman for the Armed Forces General Command announced the strikes on state radio Monday, marking the first time Cairo has publicly acknowledged taking military action in neighboring Libya, where extremist groups seen as a threat to both countries have taken root in recent years. The statement said the warplanes targeted weapons caches and training camps before returning safely. It said the strikes were "to avenge the bloodshed and to seek retribution from the killers.""

Thank god these countries finally got off their asses and took a stand. Why do we always have to be the one leading.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:18 PM

393 posts, read 503,711 times
Quote:
I have now asked three times and none of you can answer: Obama asked Congress for an authorization of force. Given that that is the legal means for escalating American involvement, what more do you expect him to do until such time as both Republican-controlled chambers pass the resolution? In another thread we have the exact same clowns essentially arguing that an American who was murdered deserved it and it isn't our problem. How they can contort themselves into every possible position from one minute to the next is beyond me.
Democrats also voted against it! So see, you can't blame only Republicans!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:21 PM

393 posts, read 503,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Sigh. More anti Muslim crap. Don't you folks get tired of that?

First of all, I am not sure where Ametica is, so would not be able to grab Muslims off the street, if they knew where it was. Second, not all "Hell" would break loose. You would be arrested for Murder, and with any luck, be given the "Needle" to get rid of your sorry butt.

What do you want Muslims to do? Burn buildings and March in the Streets cursing ISIS? I don't see any Christians doing that, do you? Your just making up crap so you can bad mouth Muslims in General for what some are doing. Just more "Hate" spreading, and no, you don't "Hate" to say it. Its more like you can't "wait" to say it.

I would for once like to hear the non radical Muslims speak out against the radical Muslims.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:28 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Did Israel need to tie itself up in red tape to destroy the Osirik nuclear reactor? Or to kill Yassin on a plaza?

And what else could he do right now? Promise to sign, rather than veto XL Pipeline. If the Arab oil production is further marginalized the petro-dollars that are bankrolling both ISIS and the radical imams that feed ISIS go away.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:58 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaranch View Post
I would for once like to hear the non radical Muslims speak out against the radical Muslims.
Let me help you. Over 15 million links to choose from.

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.i9MgruDp2EI

Do you need some kind of personal invitation to hear when moderate Muslims speak out against the radical extremists?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_lanka View Post
If Obama had not illegally armed known terrorists in Sept 2013 and then needlessly pulled out of Iraq giving the terrorists a chance to get easy victories to recruit, ISIS would not even exist today.
What part of "They told us to get out" do you not understand?

We where in Iraq "needlessly" we did not pull out needlessly. We needed to leave there.

Bush owns ISIS, not Obama, even if you wish it....live with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies