Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 06:53 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have no doubt that it happened, but a few of the shots seemed a little far fetched. In particular, when he passed by the group of women in burkas who didn't say anything but appeared to vaguely look in his direction. Do most of us not do that when we see a woman in a burka (or a teichel or yes, even a kippah, for that matter) because they are not common in our area? It is horrible for ANYONE to be treated poorly because of their religion and many of the statements, the spitting, etc were completely out of line and would be terrifying to experience.

It's interesting that many here have this idea that it couldn't/doesn't happen in the USA because "Christians support Israel." Most Jews I know, myself included, have experienced anti-semitism here. Some on a lower scale than the video, some, again such as myself, on a much bigger or more violent scale. All at the hands of Christians, often in the name of Christianity. I have never had trouble with the Muslim community in the USA. We may disagree on Israel (though, if we actually talk about it, we agree on much more than we disagree), but I have never once felt unsafe visiting a mosque or a Muslim neighborhood in either the US or the UK. I can't say the same thing about churches in my own hometown.
Keep in mind that most of the Muslims in the US came to the US as immigrants to get away from the craziness in their home countries. As a Jew I've never been disrespected personally (not including CD) by a Muslim in the US, in Israel or at my jobsite in the UAE where I spend more the half of each year there.

On the other hand many of the Muslims in Europe came in with work visas and brought their learned hate with them as they came from countries with no Jews. Add to this that most of the Jews they encounter are Orthodox and the perception is pretty much set. Mix that with the Anti Jewish sentiment already there and you get what's been happening for years.

Many people say, if it's so bad why don't we leave. The answer is, this is our home and vile words or actions are not going to scare us off. We're so used to it, that it's a 'so what' situation when it occurs. The media keeps on stating there will a large exodus of Jews from France, when in reality there won't. There are always people emigrating to other countries, but for some reason the media, in the case of France, seem to pull out their numbers and emphasize on it.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Looks like nobody bothered to read the article. He walked through mostly muslim neighborhoods. If you watched the video and thought his tormentors were French, look again.
He should have had no problem walking by these peaceful people that are just looking for jobs.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
The story says 10 hours, but the video is only 96 seconds. Where did the other 35904 seconds go?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
an indian man walked in a white suburb in alabama a few days ago and was nearly killed by the cops trying to arrest him.

what's the difference between the way whites(mainly conservative white males) treat minorities here. do the same thing for the most part.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
All by African immigrants and their leftist lovers.
If there was any harassment or assaulting this man for being a Jew, it's a pretty safe bet that it was done by some extremely conservative religious types.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
an indian man walked in a white suburb in alabama a few days ago and was nearly killed by the cops trying to arrest him.

what's the difference between the way whites(mainly conservative white males) treat minorities here. do the same thing for the most part.
How would he or a black man fare if they walked into a church / business that ascribes to the U.S. Christian Identity Movement?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:31 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How would he or a black man fare if they walked into a church / business that ascribes to the U.S. Christian Identity Movement?
How would a pasty white dude fare walking into a New Black Panthers gathering?

What's your point?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:59 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,209 times
But, but, I thought islam was the religion of peace? (pieces?)

Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

What's the difference? The mass racism of white conservatives against everyone else is left wing fantasy that does not exist. The anti-Semitism is real and demonstrable. That's the difference. It's the difference between truth and lies. And guess which side you're on?

An Indian man is nearly killed by white cops trying to arrest him. So that shows the white cops were racist? Come on. What do you know about the history of those cops? What do you know about what crime the Indian man was accused of committing? What do you know about how much the man resisted arrest? The cop was white, the accused wasn't so therefore racism is involved? That's your standard of judgment? That's kindergarten reasoning. The funny thing is, you will engage in shallow narrow minded thinking like that, and then have the nerve to turn around and claim that liberals are more intelligent and educated than conservatives.

Last edited by kidkaos2; 02-17-2015 at 10:21 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
An Indian man is nearly killed by white cops trying to arrest him. So that shows the white cops were racist? Come on. What do you know about the history of those cops? What do you know about what crime the Indian man was accused of committing? What do you know about how much the man resisted arrest? The cop was white, the accused wasn't so therefore racism is involved? That's your standard of judgment? That's kindergarten reasoning. The funny thing is, you will engage in shallow narrow minded thinking like that, and then have the nerve to turn around and claim that liberals are more intelligent and educated than conservatives.
How about the guy who called 911 because he was nervous for his wife because a "black" man he didn't know was walking around his neighborhood?

And how do you confuse a 60 year old Indian man for a 30 year old black guy, especially if you're following him like the guy who called 911 was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies