Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 05:28 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Be careful. You may be biased and judging others' actions from your perspective. What we view the bombing today may be exactly how they view the beheading and burning. We are not in their shoes, and neither are they in ours.
Wow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
So what? We should just sit by and NOT say "beheadings and burning at the stake is bad" because we bombed people in the past?
Burning at the stake is bad. Bombing 100,000 civilians is bad. But where do you draw the line for unacceptably bad? Because in terms of atrocity, what IS has done doesn't even begin to compare to what we have. Who are we to judge?

Old 02-17-2015, 05:54 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Be careful. You may be biased and judging others' actions from your perspective. What we view the bombing today may be exactly how they view the beheading and burning. We are not in their shoes, and neither are they in ours.
It's not a matter of "bias" or "perspective" -- it's a matter of "they walk among us and want to kill us".
It's very worthwhile to note those that support that and for those who disagree with their Jihad to understand that it's here and it's now.

I spent almost 3 years on Muslim websites and felt somewhat secure in the knowledge that the CIA/FBI was reading and tracking the same things I was reading. I don't feel secure today when I read this garbage on American websites, and know that there are many that actively support this Jihad.

It's our Transformed America.
Random incidents, Workplace violence, Christian Crusades and all we need are "Jobs Programs".
Scary Times and Scary people. People need to be aware of those that support this barbarism, they make no attempt anymore to even hide it. They revel in it.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
You people are amazing in your lack of understanding and your hatred of liberty. ANY atrocity commited in the world will not be condemned by "some." Instead they will create some sort of twisted moral equivalency to reveal their utter contempt ad hatred of the USA. Even the dog eater Resident of the White House does it !
Who says it shouldn't be condemned? I'm asking why it is that they are supposed to be held to a different standard than we are?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
And it worked, too.
And if they believe it will work for them?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:11 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
This thread proves that we need people like Chris Kyle.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
So what? We should just sit by and NOT say "beheadings and burning at the stake is bad" because we bombed people in the past? That doesn't make the Jihadist slaughter any less disgusting. Furthermore, when we use drone strikes, innocent people die by accident--innocents always die in war, past, present and future. Sad but true. We are aiming to kill terrorists. On the other hand, Muslim terrorists aim to kill innocent people. That is the difference between the West and Islamic extremists.
They do not die "by accident". We know they are going to die. We know innocent people sitting in their homes not bothering us in any way are going to be killed. How exactly is that better?

We didn't kill thousands and thousands women in children "by accident" in Japan. It was done to send terror into them.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
According to some people here we should just sit back and do nothing. Just pretend that IS doesn't exip. Ok, but the day they come here and kills thousands in a terror attack or several attacks, then it's too late. Oh well. . What do I know.
Not much. We may one day in the future get into a war with Russia. Why are we not killing them now?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
This thread proves that we need people like Chris Kyle.
He's dead. That is indeed what you are going to get. More dead sons and daughters.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's not a matter of "bias" or "perspective" -- it's a matter of "they walk among us and want to kill us".
It's very worthwhile to note those that support that and for those who disagree with their Jihad to understand that it's here and it's now.

I spent almost 3 years on Muslim websites and felt somewhat secure in the knowledge that the CIA/FBI was reading and tracking the same things I was reading. I don't feel secure today when I read this garbage on American websites, and know that there are many that actively support this Jihad.

It's our Transformed America.
Random incidents, Workplace violence, Christian Crusades and all we need are "Jobs Programs".
Scary Times and Scary people. People need to be aware of those that support this barbarism, they make no attempt anymore to even hide it. They revel in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies