Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 12:39 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And the V.A. is a mess. Things likely are done somewhat better at the state level.
& the Children's programs are, for the most part, successful. & are joint State/Federal. The following previously cited article addresses many valued outcomes:

http://pedsadvocacy.stanford.edu/doc...20children.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
Read through the thread, I'm not against universal health care.
I did & didn't ask if you were against universal health care.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:43 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
I've answered this many times without a single reply. There are jobs that simply have to be done. Someone has to do them. Someone has to stock the shelves. Someone has to check you out when you are done shopping. There are not enough engineer jobs for everyone to have one.

That said, the person doing a needed job should not be left stranded when she finds a lump in her breast.

You keep bringing up stocking shelves but you do realize that a good amount of grocery store employees are union and have excellent benefits. It can actually be a good career. Most people without insurance work dead end jobs which is their choice. Other people who have put in hard work should not be subsidizing these folks having premium healthcare. Their needs can be met with Medicaid if that are that down and out. And as I said before there was always catastrophic insurance that is available to everyone not just evil white people. That would ensure that you are not financially ruined when you do find that lump.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:01 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
If you oppose health care reform (the inferior Obamacare, or much preferred single-payer model), please list your reasons for doing so.

I oppose universal health care as a right for every American citizen because:

Good luck.
!. The problem with your premise is Obama Care did not control cost with a decent return on benefits.
2. Penalizing people for not signing and using the IRS to enforce ACA
3. Tort Reform (in reducing cost)
4. Not opening the Health providers to go over state lines (State Insurance Com)
5. The Social Poor should get a basic coverage, but not a Cadillac Version. (Medicare )
6. Inaccurate and poorly ran web site.
7. Doctors Opting out, because the ACA is so bad.

Good Luck to you trying to sell a Ponzi Scheme!

Old 02-22-2015, 01:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
& the Children's programs are, for the most part, successful. & are joint State/Federal. The following previously cited article addresses many valued outcomes:
None of which counters the valid concern people have with the government taking over health care. They are valid concerns not rooted in racism.

Quote:
I did & didn't ask if you were against universal health care.
How it's done isn't as important as getting something done, correctly.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
You keep bringing up stocking shelves but you do realize that a good amount of grocery store employees are union and have excellent benefits.
Irrelevant to the thousands that are not, and they are getting to be fewer and fewer.

Quote:
It can actually be a good career. Most people without insurance work dead end jobs which is their choice. Other people who have put in hard work should not be subsidizing these folks having premium healthcare. Their needs can be met with Medicaid if that are that down and out. And as I said before there was always catastrophic insurance that is available to everyone not just evil white people. That would ensure that you are not financially ruined when you do find that lump.
The dead end jobs have to be done. But that you want to make it so difficult for me to make my earlier point by also going with the race issue I doubt there is anything to accomplish here.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:02 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Irrelevant to the thousands that are not, and they are getting to be fewer and fewer.

The dead end jobs have to be done. But that you want to make it so difficult for me to make my earlier point by also going with the race issue I doubt there is anything to accomplish here.

of course you just ignore the point I made. We've already established that the dead end jobs need to be done. those people aren't doing the world a favor by doing them. good for them for earning some type of of a living but they cant just benefit on the backs of others. good day sir.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:

of course you just ignore the point I made.
I do happen to do that when people make irrelevant posts on race.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:12 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
None of which counters the valid concern people have with the government taking over health care. They are valid concerns not rooted in racism.
When did I mention anything about race?

& it's ok if you don't want to answer my question. I think I've been down this road with you before. Don't think twice, it's alright.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
When did I mention anything about race?
Sorry, I owe you an apology. I got posts confused. Happens some time. sorry.

Quote:
& it's ok if you don't want to answer my question. I think I've been down this road with you before. Don't think twice, it's alright.
You note that there are programs working at the state level. There are but those are apples and oranges. States have to balance their budgets. They can't just throw money around willy nilly for votes. The V.A. is a mess. That is the concern many have if health care in general is handed over to the federal government.

Obamacare is a mess. You saw the tax problems?

Nothing is going to change until we demand accountability out of those running these programs. I dont get why that is a problem.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:06 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
You keep bringing up stocking shelves but you do realize that a good amount of grocery store employees are union and have excellent benefits. It can actually be a good career. Most people without insurance work dead end jobs which is their choice. Other people who have put in hard work should not be subsidizing these folks having premium healthcare. Their needs can be met with Medicaid if that are that down and out. And as I said before there was always catastrophic insurance that is available to everyone not just evil white people. That would ensure that you are not financially ruined when you do find that lump.
And yet, many people with out health coverage don't work dead end jobs, such as independent business people and IT contractors just to start. And medicaid was not always available to the down and out. Most poor individuals w out kids did not qualify for medicaid unless they had a disability, before the ACA. And even HDHP coverage wasnt available to those w pre existing conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies