Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 04:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

michiganmoon, I recall no video of Obama suggesting Bush did not love his country. If there is any, please post the link here.

PS: Every POTUS has loved his country, and I'd rate many of them poorly, but I never doubt they are doing what they sincerely think is right for America. (sole exception Nixon in the final months only!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 04:56 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Giuliani is no longer relevant so he has to say absurd things to be in the news. It surprises me to some degree that Scott Walker tows the same line saying he doesn't know if Obama loves America. But at least there are few GOP reps who do demonstrate some degree of civil and decor on this accusation.
Quote:
Walker's response stands in sharp contrast to some of his potential rivals for the GOP presidential nomination. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida said earlier this week that he had "no doubt" that Obama loves America, "but I just think his policies are bad for our nation." Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul took a similar approach. The prospective White House hopeful told a CNN affiliate on Friday that while he disagreed with Obama's policies, he felt that it was a "mistake to question people's motives."

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who is also contemplating jumping into the presidential race, said that he doesn't "question [the president's] patriotism or love for our country."
Scott Walker: 'I Don't Really Know' Whether Obama Loves America

Giuliani loves America so much that he refused to serve:
Quote:
Rudy may have forgotten the half-dozen deferments he won ducking the Vietnam War, even getting the federal judge he was clerking for to write a letter creating a special exemption for him. And remember Bernie Kerik? He's the Giulaini police commissioner, business partner and sidekick whose nomination as homeland security secretary narrowly preceded indictments. He then did his national service in prison.
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/w...icle-1.2122253

Last edited by SoloforLife; 02-21-2015 at 05:10 PM..

Old 02-21-2015, 04:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
michiganmoon, I recall no video of Obama suggesting Bush did not love his country. If there is any, please post the link here.

PS: Every POTUS has loved his country, and I'd rate many of them poorly, but I never doubt they are doing what they sincerely think is right for America. (sole exception Nixon in the final months only!)
I am of the opinion that Obama is the first POTUS who does not support the country he represents. This is the man who attended a church that damned America.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
"Giuliani is no longer relevant so he has to say absurd things to be in the news."

Correct, and he is also realizing his dream of being POTUS will never happen. He is bitter.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:20 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times
Quote:
"Giuliani is no longer relevant so he has to say absurd things to be in the news."

Correct, and he is also realizing his dream of being POTUS will never happen. He is bitter.
Agree.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:22 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Stoop low like Obama saying that Bush was unpatriotic for adding 4 Trillion in new debt?

Obama did the same thing to Bush as what Guiliani did to Obama. Hypocrisy to protect precious?

"Patriotic: having or showing great love and support for your country : having or showing patriotism."

Don't pull an Obama and play dumb.

As I already pointed out in the post I highlighted...loving your country is the definition of patriotism. When Obama called Bush unpatriotic for adding 4+ Trillion in new debt, Obama was saying that Bush doesn't show love for his country...the same thing that Guiliani said.

It is one thing to be a hypocrite for partisan gain, another to play dumb with definitions.

You aren't upset that Guiliani said that a sitting president doesn't seem to love his country...you are upset that he said it about a president that you have an emotional attachment to with a D after his name.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:28 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
take57, McCain would not stoop this low. as , unlike Rudy, he didn't dodge the draft.
Point taken. What remains true is observing the regrettable transformation of admirable statesmen decline into bitter, dawdling old partisan hacks. They once were far better than that and we as a nation were better for it.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Prediction--Republican hopefuls for nomination will not be having Giuliani campaigning for them.

Expect him to become even more irrelevant than he currently is. No sane candidate goes looking for controversial publicity in this vein. And his 9/11 shelf life has long since expired.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Prediction--Republican hopefuls for nomination will not be having Giuliani campaigning for them.

Expect him to become even more irrelevant than he currently is. No sane candidate goes looking for controversial publicity in this vein. And his 9/11 shelf life has long since expired.
How is the weather in your world? Any intelligent person can see that the sitting POTUS has acted against the interest of the United States.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:42 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Country still needs some transformation until it's perfect. We're far from perfect, aren't we? If you believe our country has no faults, you're in denial. And if you recognize the faults and want to fix them, you can still love this country as much as anyone, even former mayor Guliani.

Why so many Americans still deny racism exists when the evidence is everywhere - Vox
Well, it sounds like you don't love the U.S. of A either. It's all right, there are worse things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies