Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:21 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,419,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Why? If the country is being taken over then what is being done must be what the majority wants. Why do you get to enforce your beliefs on the majority?

I'm conservative BTW. I just realize that if I'm in the minority, I'm in the minority. I live in a country where the majority decides what happens. If I'm not in the majority my choices are stay and live with what the majority decides or leave.
This isn't majority rule in this country. We are not a full democracy. We are a Democratic Republic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 08:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,545,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I politely disagree. Our ruling class from both sides of the isle are out to screw and enslave us all the while behind closed doors they laugh their butts off.

Those who blame our countries problem on "Communists and Anarchists", just like those who blame them on Racists and Conservatives play in the hands of our ruling class and especially those that are pulling their strings. Divide et impera works very well in the "Land of the free".
The cool beans thing is that any of us can leave anytime we want.

It's a bit challenging to find a more conservative country than the US that most people would want to inhabit.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:27 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,235,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
How do you know that? Are you a neighbor? Maude is that you?
You can't put jet fuel in a locomotive kl:.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,235,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Sacred Hearts School.

Heads and tails above any public indoctrination center.
Yeah, the Catholic Church and indoctrination sure don't go hand and hand or anything .

Old 02-20-2015, 08:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This country is slowly being taken over by Communists and Anarchists. There is a whole generation of young Americans being indoctrinated by Marxist academics who seek to destroy this society from within. We Conservatives needs to take a strong stand and defend our country from the vermin before they achieve their ultimate goal: the destruction of American society.
So, what are your plans to "take back the country?"

Hire based on political views?

Institute a national curriculum for colleges and universities?

Insert yours here______________________________________________ __.

C'mon. Let's have some solutions instead of the endless whining.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:30 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,443,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This isn't majority rule in this country. We are not a full democracy. We are a Democratic Republic.
I'm aware of how politics works but in the end there is a vote where the majority rules. It's just done by electoral votes. I wish we'd go to a full majority vote. We have the technology to do that.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yeah, the Catholic Church and indoctrination sure don't go hand and hand or anything .
I hear that they teach that evolution stuff in Catholic schools.

Isn't that ironic?

Old 02-20-2015, 08:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,405,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Where the concept of reasoned debate and co-operative compromise was defined and encouraged.

The rest of the world could only watch and envy for a very long time but then the tide turned and partisan politics became the raison-d-etre.

Now it's watch as two parties take opposing positions solely to be opposed to each other while accepting back handers and bribes from lobbyists operating for corporations with no country of origin allegiance whatsoever.

Faceless shareholders who don't even know they're driving the boat onto the rocks will one day wake up and realize they've confirmed the most basic rule of corruption by destroying the world's best 'grand experiment' altogether.

A great pity.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:38 AM

8,631 posts, read 12,946,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This country is slowly being taken over by Communists and Anarchists. There is a whole generation of young Americans being indoctrinated by Marxist academics who seek to destroy this society from within. We Conservatives needs to take a strong stand and defend our country from the vermin before they achieve their ultimate goal: the destruction of American society.
You certainly make great points but unfortunately most people today are so brainwashed and this kind of information will simply fly over their heads. I agree with you on the direction this country is headed and it's not looking good.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:07 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,147,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My daughter was homeschooled. She is now in parochial school. She was placed 2 grades above her age group.

Your statement is an epic fail.
Thank you for responding to one of the all time most ignorant posts I've ever come across on CD.
Homeschooled kids are way ahead of their peers, in most cases.
By the way I concur OP--
but get ready to be assaulted in this forum for echoing your thoughts...
This country is long gone-
Get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies