Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 05:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
Excuse me? now you say sexual deviants should be treated badly??

You think we, you and I, are not part of that group you so despise now Missy?

After you DARE to tell me...I cannot choose or not choose, my own doctor

And my Doctor cannot choose, me or not choose, me as her patient?

Keep spewing your NAZI GERMANY DICTATORSHIP

No, I said, your posts show that YOU clearly think the lesbian parents are 'sexual deviants' and that you also seem to think they deserve to be treated badly because you supported and defended this doctors bigotry and rude unprofessional behavior towards the parents.

The rest of your post is your imagination running wild.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Meanwhile, back on topic...

This entire thread is based on a damn LIE.

The doctor DID NOT refuse to "treat" the infant. That was the title of this misleading thread. He refused to accept these "parents" as new patients. The baby wasn't choking. The baby wasn't dying of cancer. The baby wasn't poisoned. The baby wasn't burned. They took the baby in for it's first CHECKUP!
The doctor is female. You are calling her a 'he'. Maybe you need to do a checkup and read the story yourself first, because you've missed the whole point.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:38 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This doctor is treating people. A doctor can pick their patients just as their patients can pick them.

How would you feel picking a doctor you knew disliked your lifestyle? Would it be good with you to be forced to see them? Or would you prefer to pick someone else?

Their reasoning may be lame but we can't nor should we try to force everyone to think alike.
I would never want a doctor who's bigoted against my lifestyle treating me. That's not the point. The point is that if a doctor can't put her professional duty to TREAT PEOPLE above her personal biases, she's in the wrong business.

Look, I can at least understand where these business owners are coming from who don't want to make cakes or bouquets for gay weddings. I don't agree with their views, but they should enjoy some degree of freedom of conscience in whom they serve. But when your profession is grounded in an oath to treat patients without exception, you treat them.

Not to mention, again, that the Jesus this woman claims to worship would not have refused to see the child. I remember something about loving your neighbor as yourself, doing unto others, and judging not. I remember a man who hung out with the outcasts of society. I remember his parable of the good Samaritan who stopped to help the man on the side of the road while the Levite and the pious priest walked right on by. I remember him saying "what you do to the least of these, you do to me." WWJD? Not what this doctor did. That makes her a hypocrite.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:44 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
I would never want a doctor who's bigoted against my lifestyle treating me. That's not the point. The point is that if a doctor can't put her professional duty to TREAT PEOPLE above her personal biases, she's in the wrong business.

Look, I can at least understand where these business owners are coming from who don't want to make cakes or bouquets for gay weddings. I don't agree with their views, but they should enjoy some degree of freedom of conscience in whom they serve. But when your profession is grounded in an oath to treat patients without exception, you treat them.

Not to mention, again, that the Jesus this woman claims to worship would not have refused to see the child. I remember something about loving your neighbor as yourself, doing unto others, and judging not. I remember a man who hung out with the outcasts of society. I remember his parable of the good Samaritan who stopped to help the man on the side of the road while the Levite and the pious priest walked right on by. I remember him saying "what you do to the least of these, you do to me." WWJD? Not what this doctor did. That makes her a hypocrite.
What business should she be in? Selling flowers.....oh wait.

Ridiculous both ends of the spectrum here.

You aren't going to serve a unrepentant sinner.....your going to sue that bigoted 70 year old homophobe for everything she has because she wouldn't sell you flowers. Pathetic.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:50 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
You make no sense.

It was ALREADY VERY VERY EARLY they brought their 6 day old baby wanting their 1 month Check up.

At 6 days old, and the WELL BABY Visit isn't normally scheduled until 3 more weeks, they had PLENTY of time

Besides, the Baby DID see a qualified doctor 3 weeks early. Who in the world can complain?

Baby hadn't even settled in yet was drug to a doctors office where we all know, sick people are.

These are professional doctors offices and they have procedures. Information for both

parties comes together at an appointment. And this appointment happened WEEKS prior

There are no medical conditions which dictate that time was of the essence but they were accomodated none the less.

Maybe they needed money and instead of letting baby settle in, drug the poor thingto the office to start their swindles and schemes asap.

They were probably practicing their interviews while in the waiting room fantasizing about $$$dollar signs
I'm sure that if you interviewed several contractors to do a job, and selected the best one for you, then set up an appointment for the job to be done. Then the contractor decides to send someone else, that you don't know anything about, in to do the job you might be a little peeved too.

This couple interviewed several doctors before the baby was born. They set up an appointment with that doctor before the baby was born. When they arrived for that appointment the doctor they had chosen and set an appointment with decided to send in someone else. The parents were not notified that someone else would be seeing them ahead of time. The couple were not given the opportunity to find another doctor of their choosing. The doctor didn't even have enough guts to show up and speak with the couple herself.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:55 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
she is a donkey! not baby's fault!! take her license away

Old 02-22-2015, 05:58 AM

Quote:
This Doctor showed kindness in referring the baby despite her not being required to.
Heck she even ensured baby was seen that day by someone else, not even re-scheduling the appointment. The couple wasn't even put out.

This Doctor has excellent ethics which is why this all unfolding as it is.
She did not refer the baby. She just didn't show up to the appointment that she set to see the baby and sent another doctor in to clean up her mess.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Or remember there are bigots who practice discrimination against the law because it equally protects both the patient and the doctor. They feel we need to be a Nazi Germany state ordering the Doctors to accept said new patient and vice versa. We are so blessed not to live in THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES

A physician has a right to determine whom to accept as a patient, just as a patient has the right to choose his or her physician
And by setting the appointment to see the baby, the doctor did in fact choose to accept that patient.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm sure that if you interviewed several contractors to do a job, and selected the best one for you, then set up an appointment for the job to be done. Then the contractor decides to send someone else, that you don't know anything about, in to do the job you might be a little peeved too.

This couple interviewed several doctors before the baby was born. They set up an appointment with that doctor before the baby was born. When they arrived for that appointment the doctor they had chosen and set an appointment with decided to send in someone else. The parents were not notified that someone else would be seeing them ahead of time. The couple were not given the opportunity to find another doctor of their choosing. The doctor didn't even have enough guts to show up and speak with the couple herself.
Add in that DR Roi didn't come in to the clinic to avoid the parents and got the other doctor to tell the parents that she'd decided that she didn't want to see them or their baby as a patient because they were lesbians. That's not only rude and insulting, but humiliating. The parents had been given no indication that this might happen before they arrived for their booked appointment with their 6 day old baby.

People like Dr Roi could at least be upfront about their bigotry and put a sign up that they don't want to see lesbians or Jews or interracial couples or any other group they might not like. That way, potential clients can choose another doctor and not be subjected to rude humiliating unprofessional behavior.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:43 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
So what has liberals in an arm waving frenzy and has them completely lathered is a doctor in private practice can pick and choose for whatever reason their patients. The outrage espoused here is entertaining.

They need to get over it and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies