Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:17 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,229,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
1. Surah Al-Fatihah

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)

5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

6. Guide us to the Straight Way

7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

The Koran is obsessed with Jews and Christians.
Not really, considering you are adding the stuff between () to try to suit your argument.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:19 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,229,822 times
Here's something from the bible though

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

Old 02-22-2015, 01:56 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,761,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,
So when someone wages war on another nothing should be done to the attacker?

Old 02-22-2015, 02:48 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,427,745 times
Well, it's the Koran, not my or your Koran.

And personally, I know the Koran just as well as I know the Bible, which is to say, not at all. I prefer reading other kinds of fiction.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:51 PM

963 posts, read 686,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble with the truth but the ones playing the false race card are from the left. Wouldnt it be great to have a black man as President? Who said that? Nothing about policy. Mainly because the big government loons can't point out success when big government gets involved so the only thing to do is fall back on the race card.
But, but, but...

Obama is "articulate and CLEAN (quick, what ******* said that?). Isn't that enough for you?

Old 02-22-2015, 02:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,178,882 times
Why is this in P&C? There is a Religion forum where quoting verses from the Koran would be more appropriate.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:56 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,501,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Here is one....
This is my gun... there are many like it but this one is mine.....

Does that tell you how I feel about the Koran . ...
Reminds me of USN boot camp.

"This is my piece. This is my gun. This one's for work. This one's for fun."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies