Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
SO you think its OK for me to refuse Blacks from getting on a Bus, because the owner or Driver is racist?

Who are you to determine what another's Faith should be, or how they should practice it? If you get to decide, then you make your own argument moot. Its no longer freedom of religion since your deciding what a religion should be for another. Sort of like stepping in your own trap. What if they are Atheists? Do you get to force a Religion on them because they have no religion?

You have no argument.
I am not forcing my religion on anyone. Only government has that power.

Protected class laws violate property rights and freedom of association and in some cases religious freedom.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:56 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Discriminate is a difficult word as bars should not sell to drunk patrons and restaurants have the no shoes, no shirts,etc standards.

There have been lawsuits which bars have lost because they allowed someone to drink to excess who later accidentally died due to being inebriated.

Dress codes do not apply, since they don't specify anything other than clothes

Apples and Elephants. When your "cut off" at a Bar, its not based on anything other than your capacity to function, You can be an Indian, African, Caucasian, or Ethiopian Camel Herder.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:03 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Ahhh, But the beauty of this is that you do not get to make that judgment. Being an agnostic, I reject your opinion or what is morality, a sin, or ungodly. That's only an opinion, same as mine. The Law, however, agrees with me, and would jail you for acting out on yours. Intelligent, moral people, would know that, and as you said, Nice try again, but no cigar.
HAHA, still the ridiculous, lame attempt to make Crooked...Straight, pardon the pun, hun.

If a business can and still do, Refuse service to anyone wearing no shirt, no shoes, short pants, men with no tie or jacket, etc., I certainly would NOT sweat NOT serving ANYONE who does not meet the Standards my business demands.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8babies View Post
I agree..... Last time I cracked the Good Book open, being of color was not immoral, not illegal and not a sin.

Being a *** however..............

The only "Good Book" that applies here is a Law Book, that says discrimination is a Criminal Act.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
HAHA, still the ridiculous, lame attempt to make Crooked...Straight, pardon the pun, hun.

If a business can and still do, Refuse service to anyone wearing no shirt, no shoes, short pants, men with no tie or jacket, etc., I certainly would NOT sweat NOT serving ANYONE who does not meet the Standards my business demands.
No one said you had to. You would not have to start sweating until they tightened the handcuffs.

Dress codes do not discriminate, and do not constitute Discrimination. One has nothing to do with the other. That's not rocket science either.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:14 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,059 times
Quote:
Being Black is NOT a filthy, evil, UnGodly SIN/Lifestyle !!

These ridiculous stretches you people try to make....are not doing anything for the deception homosexuals find themselves under. Intelligent MORAL People know the difference.

As has been stated...Nice try, tho.
And who are you to judge others by your bible, calling then filthy, evil, ungodly, who made you the arbiter of someone elses sin or lifestyle? It is a sick mentality, an egotistical mentality, that thinks everyone should live by their standards, by their bible. The ones that are decieved are those that follow an ancient book written by ancient men and rewritten over and over to suit the desires of men, then try to act as if said book is fact and everyone must follow it. What kind of moral person judges, hates and discriminates?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I am not forcing my religion on anyone. Only government has that power.

Protected class laws violate property rights and freedom of association and in some cases religious freedom.

You are if your saying that your religion is going to dictate how you treat some one because theirs and yours do not match, which is what you said.

Laws prevent violation of another's rights to life. liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:33 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Why not? if prohibition against pork is a practice that is allowed under freedom of religion, then why is prohibition against supporting gay marriage (by providing anything in support of it) not permitted as part of the individual's "practice" of their religion?

Not arguing, just askin'.

OK, if you don't like that -- here's another: How about a Muslim owner refusing to serve you because you are an apostate. You asked for pork, they know you eat pork, they can't even have you on the premises.
How is selling a wedding cake to a gay couple "supporting" gay marriage? If you think about it, the gay folks buying a cake from the Christian bakery are actually helping to support the Christian family. They would have been helping to put food on their table.

The Muslim restaurant owner would be in violation of the law if he refused to serve an apostate, Christian, Jew... Why is this so hard to understand?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The dolls on top are of the same sex.
Most folks I know buy their own dolls, most folks know it would be difficult to find SS dolls.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Do you really not have a clue? This has been explained at least dozens of times on this and other threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies