Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 04:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,501,059 times

Advertisements

Gov. Scott Walker:

Walker was asked if he believes Obama is a Christian. Walker said he didn't know. What impresses me is this:

Walker said such questions from reporters are reflective of a broader problem in the nation’s political-media culture, which he described as fixated on issues that are not relevant to most Americans.

“To me, this is a classic example of why people hate Washington and, increasingly, they dislike the press,” he said. “The things they care about don’t even remotely come close to what you’re asking about.”

Walker said he does not believe that most Americans care about such matters. “People in the media will [judge], not everyday people,” he said. “I would defy you to come to Wisconsin. You could ask 100 people, and not one of them would say that this is a significant issue.”

I doubt the question is irrelevant to 0 of 100 Wisconsinites, but I do agree that people are fed up with the judgementalism. Maybe Walker set himself up for this by 'punting' on evolution, but I agree with him here:

“Of course the governor thinks the president is a Christian,” she said. “He thinks these kinds of gotcha questions distract from what he’s doing as governor of Wisconsin to make the state better and make life better for people in his state.”

I doubt I'd vote for Walker, but I applaud him here for rejecting the tabloid nonsense that's been going on. After Rudy Giuliani's Obama remarks, now the press is asking about Obama's religion. Does anyone agree with the direction the Republican 'campaign' is going? Vaccinations, evolution, love for country, religious beliefs... These are valid questions in a broader sense, but I think most people want substance. The economy, foreign policy, immigration; these and others are the areas people are concerned about, IMO. The press is focusing on gotcha questions, and the Party isn't helping itself with Giuliani's remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 05:01 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,418,259 times
He kinda sounds like Palin, playing the 'victim' when she couldn't answer Kouric's "gotcha" questions (lol)!

And yeah, if this is his idea of a tough question, then he's obviously not ready for the Big Time. Although considering the current GOP field, it's understandable how some conservative folks might be lowering their expectations these days!

Old 02-22-2015, 05:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,316,620 times
This man was kicked out of Marquette University for cheating. What is he doing here? He's a complete simpleton, and his answers to the Press clearly demonstrate this. Maybe this works in Wisconsin, but he no more belongs on the national stage than a drunken sailor on crack.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:27 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,770,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This man was kicked out of Marquette University for cheating. What is he doing here? He's a complete simpleton, and his answers to the Press clearly demonstrate this. Maybe this works in Wisconsin, but he no more belongs on the national stage than a drunken sailor on crack.
Is this documented? Or is this just another example of the liberal left coming up with a lie they circulate as truth among themselves?

Old 02-22-2015, 05:28 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,260,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Gov. Scott Walker:

Walker was asked if he believes Obama is a Christian. Walker said he didn't know. What impresses me is this:

Walker said such questions from reporters are reflective of a broader problem in the nation’s political-media culture, which he described as fixated on issues that are not relevant to most Americans.

“To me, this is a classic example of why people hate Washington and, increasingly, they dislike the press,” he said. “The things they care about don’t even remotely come close to what you’re asking about.”

Walker said he does not believe that most Americans care about such matters. “People in the media will [judge], not everyday people,” he said. “I would defy you to come to Wisconsin. You could ask 100 people, and not one of them would say that this is a significant issue.”

I doubt the question is irrelevant to 0 of 100 Wisconsinites, but I do agree that people are fed up with the judgementalism. Maybe Walker set himself up for this by 'punting' on evolution, but I agree with him here:

“Of course the governor thinks the president is a Christian,” she said. “He thinks these kinds of gotcha questions distract from what he’s doing as governor of Wisconsin to make the state better and make life better for people in his state.”

I doubt I'd vote for Walker, but I applaud him here for rejecting the tabloid nonsense that's been going on. After Rudy Giuliani's Obama remarks, now the press is asking about Obama's religion. Does anyone agree with the direction the Republican 'campaign' is going? Vaccinations, evolution, love for country, religious beliefs... These are valid questions in a broader sense, but I think most people want substance. The economy, foreign policy, immigration; these and others are the areas people are concerned about, IMO. The press is focusing on gotcha questions, and the Party isn't helping itself with Giuliani's remarks.

Think you can get these corporate-owned clowns pretending to be journalists to print a Republican`s opinion on jobs, trade, amnesty, Obamacare, education, interest rates, or anything else that impacts the lives of ordinary Americans?

As for whether or not Obama loves America, people can pretend to not have already concluded he does not love America, but I don`t see how anyone can look at his life and conclude otherwise.

Just because something is repugnant doesn`t mean it is untrue.

In any case, I`m sure we`ll see a poll on the subject in the next few days.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,770,327 times
What I wish is that the Republican party would take charge like Walker and demand that conservative journalists ask the questions during the Republican debates. No more liberal left media people moderating Republican debates. Let's frame the discussions around our ideology, not theirs.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:32 PM

963 posts, read 686,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

Care to elaborate on your fiction?

Quote:
That’s a flimsy case, at best. At worst, it suggests a possible fictional smear.
Others who have publicly pushed theories of a cheating scandal or of Walker flunking out also provide no proof or admit they have only questions.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...r-early-years/

Old 02-22-2015, 05:33 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,082,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Is this documented? Or is this just another example of the liberal left coming up with a lie they circulate as truth among themselves?
What does it matter what liberals say about Walker? He will never be on a Democrat's ballot.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
He kinda sounds like Palin, playing the 'victim' when she couldn't answer Kouric's "gotcha" questions (lol)!
I disagree. He fumbled, rather than punted, on the evolution question, but he's no creationist. Palin? I haven't a clue what that woman is.

Quote:
And yeah, if this is his idea of a tough question, then he's obviously not ready for the Big Time. Although considering the current GOP field, it's understandable how some conservative folks might be lowering their expectations these days!
He didn't think the question was tough. He thought it was inappropriate and dumb. I agree.

The press should start asking pertinent questions, and the GOP needs to stop campaigning against Obama.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
What I wish is that the Republican party would take charge like Walker and demand that conservative journalists ask the questions during the Republican debates. No more liberal left media people moderating Republican debates. Let's frame the discussions around our ideology, not theirs.
Which debates were moderated by left media members?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies