Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 11:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump and other conservatives continue to trumpet American Sniper as this patriotic film when IT'S NOT that at all.

It's nothing but one man's journey through war and his attempts at dealing with the actions that he was called upon to execute. That's it. Period, point blank.

I'm really getting tired of all the flag waving hullabaloo that has sprang up around this film. All war films aren't about patriotism.

Trump is an idiot.

^^This^^ Pretty much summed the whole fake outrage extravaganza up nicely.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 11:05 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Donald Trump needs to keep his mouth shut because nobody wants to hear him.
But, here YOU are!

Old 02-23-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
agreed.
any movie premised on either of those two would have swept the awards, no matter how horrible it was.
Like Brokeback Mountain and Midnight Cowboy!

Old 02-23-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Trump and other conservatives continue to trumpet American Sniper as this patriotic film when IT'S NOT that at all.

It's nothing but one man's journey through war and his attempts at dealing with the actions that he was called upon to execute. That's it. Period, point blank.

I'm really getting tired of all the flag waving hullabaloo that has sprang up around this film. All war films aren't about patriotism.

Trump is an idiot.
"I'm really getting tired of all the flag waving"

You don't like flag waiving anyway so, so what?

Old 02-23-2015, 11:13 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
agreed.
any movie premised on either of those two would have swept the awards, no matter how horrible it was.
I used to think that was true of Rent and whatever the Broadway awards are called. Until I heard some of the songs. Now while I have never seen the play I can believe it deserved to win.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:31 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
According to America, it was the best movie to go see. Sold the most tickets and got the best reviews.
Not true. The Hunger Games sold more tickets than American Sniper. Guardians of the Galaxy also sold more tickets than American Sniper and was better reviewed. And the best reviewed movie of the year was Boyhood, not American Sniper.

And since when does most viewership mean best? By that logic, McDonalds makes the best hamburger in the US (it would also mean the new Hunger Games movie was the best this year when it in fact was absolute crap).

Old 02-23-2015, 11:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I'm really getting tired of all the flag waving"

You don't like flag waiving anyway so, so what?
Depends on the flag. (Shrug)

Old 02-23-2015, 11:45 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,607 times
Biggest movie = Patriotic right wing orgasm..... but Hollywood is nothing but liberal scum.

Biggest news network = Fox News.... but MSM is nothing but liberal scum.

Wait, what? CD talking points confusing me.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
It was a hell of a lot more original than American Sniper was by a long shot. There was nothing pretentious about Birdman. It was more or less a mockumentary about how lame and unoriginal Hollywood has become and one man's struggle to break away from it and forge a different path when doing the same crap that made him so successful is still available to him.

But I get it...not your style. You can't wait for Diehard 20 to come out. SMH

Sounds like an extremely boring movie.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Sounds like an extremely boring movie.
Birdman boring? Hardly. It was very exciting. And it was a great movie (although Boyhood was much better).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies