Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litefoot View Post
What a long, strange trip it’s been for pot legalization in Colorado.
First, the law came under fire last year for not protecting youth as scores of children were taken to emergency rooms after ingesting their parents’ pot edibles.
Just a few days ago, nine former heads of the Drug Enforcement Administration — both Republican and Democrat — signed onto an amicus brief urging the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Colorado’s legalization of marijuana citing numerous public safety concerns.
Credit: AP

Now, Colorado health professionals are coming forward to report an emerging trend: expectant mothers who are addicted to pot.
The emerging health crisis is creating what is undoubtedly our generation’s version of 1980's “crack babies.”
Health practitioners specializing in the field of Obstetrics & Gynecology spoke to me on condition of anonymity to report an alarming rise in pregnant patients showing up in emergency rooms and doctors’ offices and presenting mysterious complications including abdominal pains, cold sweats, shakiness, insomnia, weight loss and a host of psychological problems.
According to the physicians, as routine pot smokers cease consumption of marijuana upon learning they are pregnant, it can lead to violent or painful withdrawal from tetrahydrocannabinol — also known as THC — the addictive substance found in marijuana.
The emerging situation is not unlike babies who are addicted to crack.
Share:
Physicians say the exact cause and treatment of symptoms are initially difficult to pinpoint as patients either don’t admit to prior pot use, or aren't aware that weeks-old or even months-old marijuana consumption can remain in the body and cause such withdrawals, thus affecting children in the womb.
While the physicians in Colorado commend pot users for refraining from the use of marijuana during pregnancy, they regret to inform the patient that it is the first step in a potentially long battle.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, the presence of THC in fetuses can lead to impairment of fetus growth and low birth weight.
The March of Dimes reports that the presence of marijuana can lead to premature birth. It can also create problems with brain development which may later affect a child’s “behavior, memory, problem-solving skills and ability to pay attention.” It can also create neonatal abstinence syndrome, in which a baby gets addicted to a drug before birth “then goes through withdrawal after birth.”
Photo credit: Shutterstock

In order to treat symptoms as well as help alleviate the pain of the withdrawal process, the physicians in Colorado report they have had to reintroduce doses of THC to expectant mothers, which of course leaves their babies susceptible to addiction and the complications above which often must be treated in neonatal units.
Cases of THC addictions during pregnancy are so much on the rise that Colorado’s health professionals have begun to bone up on the subject matter of THC and other complications from pot.
At a recent three-day nursing conference, Colorado OB-GYN nurses spent the entire final day of the conference covering THC-related topics.
All of this presents new challenges for Colorado which is already struggling to keep up with demands placed upon the state by Obama-care.
And now that another state has legalized pot, these cases could become an epidemic.
These gestation's, which I call “pot pregnancies,” are yet another chapter in a legalization experiment that has gone horribly awry at an expense to public health and to children — both born and unborn — who have no say in the matter.
While the Colorado legislature rushes to fix many side effects of legalization one has to ask, “Does the benefit of legalizing this substance outweigh the risk to public health?”
Those who suggest it does are simply blowing smoke. Colorado's Pot Pregnancies Birthing New Generation of Crack Babies
So once again, America needs to hurry up and wake to the fact that society is far, far, safer off keeping sales of marijuana out of sight and underground, controlled by gangsters and thugs, who aren't going to ask any young looking person to show an ID, who want to buy a joint???? And so may God forbid anybody seeing a legalized marijuana shop open on his way home from work, like he likely can now for a liquor store.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So once again, America needs to hurry up and wake to the fact that society is far, far, safer off keeping sales of marijuana out of sight and underground, controlled by gangsters and thugs, who aren't going to ask any young looking person to show an ID, who want to buy a joint???? And so may God forbid anybody seeing a legalized marijuana shop open on his way home from work, like he likely can now for a liquor store.
Actually what I love is the AP attribution, but I don't find it there when I google, its a link from theblaze that shows up.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:33 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
A vaporizer pretty much eliminates all the harmful effects of smoking.
Well, I hope it doesn't eliminate the beneficial effects of smoking.

5 New Cannabis Discoveries That You Won't Hear About in the Corporate Media - Waking Times : Waking Times

Old 02-24-2015, 06:43 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post

and lets all remember class that a bud a day keeps the stroke away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzMwYV1chk

Old 02-25-2015, 07:11 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
[quote=Litefoot;38582220]What a long, strange trip it’s been for pot legalization in Colorado.
First, the law came under fire last year for not protecting youth as scores of children were taken to emergency rooms after ingesting their parents’ pot edibles.
Just a few days ago, nine former heads of the Drug Enforcement Administration — both Republican and Democrat — signed onto an amicus brief urging the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Colorado’s legalization of marijuana citing numerous public safety concerns.

Now, Colorado health professionals are coming forward to report an emerging trend: expectant mothers who are addicted to pot.
The emerging health crisis is creating what is undoubtedly our generation’s version of 1980's “crack babies.”
Health practitioners specializing in the field of Obstetrics & Gynecology spoke to me on condition of anonymity to report an alarming rise in pregnant patients showing up in emergency rooms and doctors’ offices and presenting mysterious complications including abdominal pains, cold sweats, shakiness, insomnia, weight loss and a host of psychological problems.
According to the physicians, as routine pot smokers cease consumption of marijuana upon learning they are pregnant, it can lead to violent or painful withdrawal from tetrahydrocannabinol — also known as THC — the addictive substance found in marijuana.
Share:
Physicians say the exact cause and treatment of symptoms are initially difficult to pinpoint as patients either don’t admit to prior pot use, or aren't aware that weeks-old or even months-old marijuana consumption can remain in the body and cause such withdrawals, thus affecting children in the womb.
While the physicians in Colorado commend pot users for refraining from the use of marijuana during pregnancy, they regret to inform the patient that it is the first step in a potentially long battle.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, the presence of THC in fetuses can lead to impairment of fetus growth and low birth weight.
The March of Dimes reports that the presence of marijuana can lead to premature birth. It can also create problems with brain development which may later affect a child’s “behavior, memory, problem-solving skills and ability to pay attention.” It can also create neonatal abstinence syndrome, in which a baby gets addicted to a drug before birth “then goes through withdrawal after birth.”

In order to treat symptoms as well as help alleviate the pain of the withdrawal process, the physicians in Colorado report they have had to reintroduce doses of THC to expectant mothers, which of course leaves their babies susceptible to addiction and the complications above which often must be treated in neonatal units.
Cases of THC addictions during pregnancy are so much on the rise that Colorado’s health professionals have begun to bone up on the subject matter of THC and other complications from pot.
At a recent three-day nursing conference, Colorado OB-GYN nurses spent the entire final day of the conference covering THC-related topics.
All of this presents new challenges for Colorado which is already struggling to keep up with demands placed upon the state by Obama-care.
And now that another state has legalized pot, these cases could become an epidemic.
These gestation's, which I call “pot pregnancies,” are yet another chapter in a legalization experiment that has gone horribly awry at an expense to public health and to children — both born and unborn — who have no say in the matter.
While the Colorado legislature rushes to fix many side effects of legalization one has to ask, “Does the benefit of legalizing this substance outweigh the risk to public health?”
Those who suggest it does are simply blowing smoke. Colorado's Pot Pregnancies Birthing New Generation of Crack Babies

Thank you for this post and real information from the medical provider side....

From the first responder Leo/medic side what we are experiencing on the ground as well...
Calls from school administrators/ teachers about teens vaping in the class ... smoking between or instead of class... coming to school reeking of skunkweed smell... doper parents having them trim for them in servitude... one kid told me... hey I don't like smelling like this but its my parents ...surprisingly he failed a probation diversion drug test (sarcasm on my part)
From last night APD arrested five in a motel parking lot... common theme... stoned...surprise surprise... 200 pounds of mj in the uhaul... and wow... stolen cars next to them in the motel parking lot... common theme ... mj... and crooks... for me this is daily behavior tied directly to mj,.. no local suspects ....all from other states transporting their poison elsewhere... and poison is a holistic term... any substance that reduces life is potential poison
The same people over and over who seek an existence tied to drugs post... as people such as you and I seek to better the world...a core theme of their arguement is... marijuana is good for you and all the issues that go with it are inconsequential... we all know drug use is mj continues to be hedonistic and selfish abet a very small percentage of the population it might really help
As a society we expend much of our energy supporting a percentage of the population that are just plain screwed up... not sick in the classical sense.. just screwed up
Let's do no more harm
I know I drive the potheads crazy with my live normal philosophy... it drives them nuts that I might be hooking doper buddies for their innocent weed... CD really helps me get a read into the minds of druggies and keeps me frosty on how committed they are in the pursuit to be high... I used to.. and still occasionally dump weed and let stoners walk... rarely anymore.. because I see firsthand how they have destroyed beautiful communities where people want to live in peace
With. Pot... no peace

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-25-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 02-25-2015, 07:42 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I know I drive the potheads crazy with my live normal philosophy... it drives them nuts that I might be hooking doper buddies for their innocent weed... CD really helps me get a read into the minds of druggies and keeps me frosty on how committed they are in the pursuit to be high... I used to.. and still occasionally dump weed and let stoners walk... rarely anymore.. because I see firsthand how they have destroyed beautiful communities where people want to live in peace
With. Pot... no peace

Nah-I can honestly say I don't care in the slightest how you live your life.

Why is it that you can't say the same for me?

Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Pot... no peace
LOL! There's no peace because you are breaking it up.

A WHOLE societal movement based on peace, love and understanding was synonymous with cannabis, but I bet you hate those no good hippy dopers, don't 'cha!

Old 02-25-2015, 10:00 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
[quote=notmeofficer;38587475]
Quote:
What a long, strange trip it’s been for pot legalization in Colorado.

Share:

Thank you for this post and real information from the medical provider side....

From the first responder Leo/medic side what we are experiencing on the ground as well...
Calls from school administrators/ teachers about teens vaping in the class ... smoking between or instead of class... coming to school reeking of skunkweed smell... doper parents having them trim for them in servitude... one kid told me... hey I don't like smelling like this but its my parents ...surprisingly he failed a probation diversion drug test (sarcasm on my part)
From last night APD arrested five in a motel parking lot... common theme... stoned...surprise surprise... 200 pounds of mj in the uhaul... and wow... stolen cars next to them in the motel parking lot... common theme ... mj... and crooks... for me this is daily behavior tied directly to mj,.. no local suspects ....all from other states transporting their poison elsewhere... and poison is a holistic term... any substance that reduces life is potential poison
The same people over and over who seek an existence tied to drugs post... as people such as you and I seek to better the world...a core theme of their arguement is... marijuana is good for you and all the issues that go with it are inconsequential... we all know drug use is mj continues to be hedonistic and selfish abet a very small percentage of the population it might really help
As a society we expend much of our energy supporting a percentage of the population that are just plain screwed up... not sick in the classical sense.. just screwed up
Let's do no more harm
With. Pot... no peace
Cheeseburgers are poison. French Fries are poison. Movie Theater popcorn is poison. Do you have a problem abusing (using/consuming) any of these substances, or anything similar? I'm not going to say marijuana is totally good for you, but there are far worse legal things. Also the first time I smoked (haven't smoked for 9 or so months now but wouldn't be opposed to it, also when I did it was maybe once a month) my knee pain that I was experiencing went away for about 24 hours. I was smoking with 2 other friends for about 10 minutes and we didn't end up stealing anything just enjoying a relaxing evening.

It drives me a little nuts that anyone who smokes pot from time to time is a pot head. Is someone who drinks from time to time and alcoholic? Is someone who smokes cigarettes automatically a chain smoker?

Last year for 6 and a half months I spent my time thru-hiking along the Appalachian Trail. The vast majority of the people that I knew smoked pot. The vast majority of the people I knew were some of the most peaceful and kind people I have ever met (not to mention some of the most motivated people I have seen in a while).

You can find and present to us the bad side of pot because there are bad people out there that smoke pot. That is no reason to make something illegal. If that is a reason to make something Illegal I'm sure you would be all for bringing back to prohibition of alcohol correct? Or does alcohol cause much less damage to society and to ones health than pot does? Seeing how you are concerned about everyone's health do you support a nation wide ban on cigarettes also? How about banning people who look over weight from purchasing food from fast food establishments? Or is your thinly veiled attempt at being concerned for peoples health only a concern when marijuana is involved?

Touching on the With pot no peace thing again. I'd be curious to know how many battered wives are abused by husbands who hit the bottle hard vs husbands who smoke pot. I doubt those stats exist but I'm sure they would be very telling and also very inconsequential to the anti-pot crowd.

People who are anti-pot are all the same. They don't think for themselves. Because for the majority of their lives they knew pot as being illegal it will always be a scourge to them. That is the only consistent reason people who are against pot are against it, solely because it is illegal. People who complain about the health risks and how it can ruin lives are so inconsistent because they don't see how alcohol and cigarettes do so much more damage to health and other people's lives.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:02 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
LOL! There's no peace because you are breaking it up.

A WHOLE societal movement based on peace, love and understanding was synonymous with cannabis, but I bet you hate those no good hippy dopers, don't 'cha!
Exactly. I wonder who is causing the lack of peace. The guy smoking a joint every so often or the government that continues to fund a failed war on drugs and the police who raid homes and destroy lives because someone wants to relax after work.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:04 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
[quote=notmeofficer;38587475]
Quote:
With. Pot... no peace
Hitler was TOTALLY anti-pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies