Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 06:19 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not the democratic position. It's the position we are stuck in because of our tyrannical government which incites hatred all over the world decided our oil interests were more important than the rights of those in the Middle East.
I've noticed this sentiment is only shared by people who've never been outside the United States and have no real empirical evidence other than Islamic Extremism. The problem with this, of course, is Islamic Extremism is an extremely small group of people. It obvious some believe these small groups of extremist speak for the world much less their countries. It's bizarre really. I see liberals making this argument in stump speeches when they are running for office and repeated often by their mindless followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
I think you will be well advised to listen to your own advice. just read the joint plan of action
Geneva interim agreement on the Iranian nuclear program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes the Joint plan of action released 7 billion dollars in monthly stages.

however no where in that same treasury article you posted points out that in 2008 Iran was exporting 3.5 Million barrel per day. and now it is hardly exporting 1 million barrels of oil per day and that is because of sanctions. There is also no mention of how much of Iranian assets because of Sanctions are stuck in various countries such As India, Korea, Japan, Germany ,....

also the International banking sanctions by banning Iranian banks from SWIFT means that Iran can not transact internationally are still in place.

I am not saying these things are good things or bad things. They are just facts.
OK - if you won't believe the U.S. Treasury OR the Arab Nations ...... I'm done.
You can lead a Mule to water, but you can't convince him he needs that water to live.

Here's a Breaking News Report ..... It's not 2008 and we are not talking about what was done during HitlerBushCheney years. We are talking about the current TeamObama DEAL.

I think we have your number by now.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:26 PM

847 posts, read 766,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
OK - if you won't believe the U.S. Treasury OR the Arab Nations ...... I'm done.
You can lead a Mule to water, but you can't convince him he needs that water to live.

Here's a Breaking News Report ..... It's not 2008 and we are not talking about what was done during HitlerBushCheney years. We are talking about the current TeamObama DEAL.

can't you read??
where the hell did I say I do not believe the treasury link you posted?

It is like posting a link to how a scientist explains the existence of Sun.

and I object and I say yes but look at other stars as well. and then you go like oh no you don't believe that the Sun exists.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:38 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Iran the nation that once held American citizens as hostages.

Iran that has an undenied record of sponsoring terrorism on western nations.

Iran the nation that swears to eradicate Israel every chance they get.

Iran given recognition by the U.N. to then use that as a method of lying openly to nuclear inspectors, denying them access to suspect areas admitted to having built reactors, installing and trying to get running more centrifuges than necessary to fuel a simple energy producing nuclear system in a country with more oil to fuel energy creation than would justify all of this cost and aggravation with Israel the creation of nuclear power has brought to the table.

You go ahead trust them and thinking people will instead still doubt them based upon past actions and current performance.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:15 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
No According to all western intelligence agencies Iran does not have weaponized program.

But assuming it did for a second. The U.S deemed beneficial to impose many of sanctions on Iran and has forced countries like Japan,India,Russia,China,Australia,Turkey, Korea, and European countries in many instances against their interests to sanction Iran. There is no Article of U.S constitution that requires the U.S impose sanctions on a third country. The U.S foreign policy is designed based U.S interests which currently resides in peacefully coming over a negotiated settlement with Iran over the extent that it can conduct nuclear related activities. It is really very simple.
Western Intelligence Agencies confirm that Iran has conducted researched nuclear weaponry and has constructed the necessary infrastructure to house a nuclear bomb, when ever they choose too. The IAEA is unsatisfied with the lack of transparency of particular nuclear sites, which is in contradiction of the agreements they signed through the NPT. Iran has not created a nuclear weapon because its infrastructures are still supervised (At least the one's Iran has allowed inspectors). Nobody is condemning Iran's nuclear program for civilians uses, but for their violations for its illegal nuclear program. It is really very simple. Research the State Departments archives for more details.

Quote:
you have inability to read carefully and then response. nobody said That Israel does not significant military technology. I said significant and I would definitely consider Israeli F-15s and F-16 as important part of their Arsenal. I would consider u.s financing of iron dome as significant. I would consider handing over bunker busting bombs to Israel as very significant.
U.S makes significant contributions to Israel's national security, but its not the U.S that has complete superiority over the IDF. U.S also receives Israeli weaponry and technology. If anything, the most important aspect of the U.S relationship to Israel is the UNSC veto.

--

Quote:
Yes I definitely lack credibility since I point all unsubstantiated points you have made.

What you have said is utterly false. It is completely strategically beneficial for Iran to have better relations with the U.S
Considering Iran has more blood on their hands than ISIS, I fail to see how this relationship will materialize. A deal that Obama would make with Iran is not subordinate to a change of Iran's aggressive policy. Iran will not give up its hegemonic ambitions in the Levant, to make American's feel secure and wealthy.

Quote:
Well currently we have three countries that have a nuclear umbrella over the middle east. United States, Israel and Russia. and according to people like you since Mid-1990s Iran is a year away from blowing up a nuclear weapon.
And since the 1990's, Israel and the United States have been delaying the program. Can't blame Israel for "Jewish Sabotage" on the Iranian nuclear facilities but hypocritically accuse Israel of sabre rattling.

Quote:
I would not expect any country to worry about U.S interests. It is

as you have eluded but then ignored. under the NPT Iran has either chosen not to build a weapon or It has been persuaded by powers like the U.S not to do so. either way it does not have a nuclear weapon program.

It is beyond me how a deal that seeks to cut down Iranian enrichment activity from 20% down to 5% is a bad deal. It is beyond me how a deal that reduces Iranian centrifuges by 75% would be a bad deal.
in Return the West provides sanction relief gradually.

According to you the United States should ignore all benefits that less tenacious relationship with Iran brings it.
You must have a good grasp foreign policy.
You have ignored Netanyahu's main concerns:

1) Iran has not been trusted in previous agreements to fulfill its commitments.

2) Obama's deal would allow Iran to keep all of its infrastructure, and in 10 years it will no longer be supervised. Then Iran would have full legitimacy towards the bomb.

3) A security dilemma in the Middle East would erupt, more instability in the region, and the United States will no longer have Sunni allies in the region.

4) If Iran would revoke its claim of A) Israeli genocide with nuclear weapons and B) Recognize Israel as a country, including relinquishing its murder of Israeli's through proxy's; then just maybe a deal could be conceivable.

But it will never going to happen and you have decided to be a patsy for the Iranian regime, in its goals of Shia dominance. Being a patsy will sponsor the continual murder of innocent people through out the world and will force Israel into a war it could of prevented. John Boehner exposed Obama's weak negotiations with Iran and now has been further exposed for his lack of credibility in handling the Iranian files.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:18 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:

Can't debate anybody who whitewashes previous Iranian criminal activates and human rights violations.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:26 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Unless this is a internal "strategy" that actually will give Mr
Netanyahu and Israel a shot at Iran something really smells
within the state department. We want ( apparently) to in the style of Pontous Pilot " wash our hands" once Israel sends
interballistics to our little deceptive friends in Iran....really?
A country bent on the destruction of a country?.... oh.swell!
1. Netanyahu is a statesman- Obama is not

2. Obama is most likely a Muslim- Netanyahu is not

3. Iran has pledged the destruction of both Israel and the US

4. Other Muslim nations (Egypt, Jordan, UAE, and Saudi Arabia) recognize and understand the threat of an Iranian nuke.

5. Israel is a nuclear power, capable of destroying Iran on their own now- they have not done so

6. Iran has pledged that when they secure a nuke, they will first use it on Israel

7. A nuclear attack on Israel will result in an Israeli nuclear retaliation that will wipe out Iran, Lebanon, Gaza, and parts of Syria on the short list.

8. American Jews have blindly supported liberal US politicians who have worked to undermine Israel- perhaps those times have changed.

Obama is clearly working with Iran to undermine the strategic interest of the US, Israel, Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Turkey.

Either Obama is a direct agent of Muslim extremists or the biggest imbecile to ever occupy the White House.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Agree with vvega. Thank you for this very informative, truthful post.

Quote:
Well Now - According to the US Treasury Website - It is true that sanctions have been suspended and cash released over the last year and a half. We bribed the Iranians to continue 'negotiations' on the DEAL that is supposed to establish the Great Obama Legacy. This latest Bribe follows the Bribes we have given them since this entire "negotiation" began. Of course the U.S Treasury doesn't use the word "Bribe", but that's exactly what it is. The Iranian Regime even laughs about it.

U.S. Department of the Treasury

The Arabs follow this a lot closer than the US Media -- it's not widely reported in the USA, but the Arab Nations that are majority Sunni, feel exactly the same way about Iran that Israel does. Iran is a THREAT to the Mid East, to Europe and ultimately to the World. The very idea of Bribing these people turns my stomach. Obama thought exactly the same thing about Putin before he took over Crimea, shot down a Passenger airplane, began a war against Ukraine. This very naive idea that these people will "change" just because you think it's a good idea, is just ludicrous.
It's not a world of Unicorns and Rainbows with a pot of gold.

This is a good article by Al Arabiya that discusses the money that the USA has been bribing Iran with and where it is going.

Sanctions relief: Benefiting Iran’s elite or people? December 2014

" Almost a year has passed since the Iranian government has been receiving sanctions relief. "

After the interim nuclear deal and extension of the negotiations between the six world powers (known as the P5+1: China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States) and the Islamic Republic, the Iranian government received an estimated $7 billion. Iran continues to receive approximately $700 million every month under the extension deal. "
"

I continue to be amazed by people that can't grasp that this stuff is documented and available - just because a Politician says A and a Media person parrots A does NOT mean it's true. We still have (at this particular time) an Internet that will tell us if A is really A .... lies get exposed, ignorance gets exposed.

I can forgive ignorance, BUT expect them to check the information - BUT Parrots are just foolish.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:11 PM

847 posts, read 766,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
You have ignored Netanyahu's main concerns:
You don't get it really, do you? my concern is what the right policy for the U.S!
not Mr Netanyahu's or Sharon's or Rabin's or Barak's electoral campaigns.
or their ability dictate every single term they want to every single country in the middle east.

Quote:
1) Iran has not been trusted in previous agreements to fulfill its commitments.
Actually the previous agreement was basically dismantlement by the U.S because we were unhappy that the British, Germany and France came to it without our involvement in 2003.
but so what!! they break their agreement and the U.S always has the option to stop the easing of sanctions. and even reapply sanctions once again.

Quote:
2) Obama's deal would allow Iran to keep all of its infrastructure, and in 10 years it will no longer be supervised. Then Iran would have full legitimacy towards the bomb.
Nope under NPT It is never legitimate to build a Nuclear bomb. like Israel and the U.S and Russia and ... who are not member NPT and have bombs they will have to drop out in which case they probably risk a major military confrontation with somebody.

Quote:
3) A security dilemma in the Middle East would erupt, more instability in the region, and the United States will no longer have Sunni allies in the region.
and there I was thinking you are so worried about human rights. don't worry the U.S was "allied" with both Saudis and Iranians before 1979 revolution and back then Iran even dominated the Persian Gulf region even more.

Quote:
4) If Iran would revoke its claim of A) Israeli genocide with nuclear weapons and B) Recognize Israel as a country, including relinquishing its murder of Israeli's through proxy's; then just maybe a deal could be conceivable.
while we are it we can tell them to sell their oil to us at five box per barrel. the arrogance is just unbelievable. You seek to tell another sovereign exactly what it should do. Of Course they won't go for that. and then you will be happy because you will say. Well They did not stop. President Hillary War Monger or President Jeb Bush come on go bomb them for me. (Since by then Obama is out of power.)

If Israel wishes to be recognized by certain countries it needs to negotiate with them and come to terms (namely something similar to Saudi plan of 13years ago recognition in exchange for land) but that's their business not the United States. It is not the job of the United States to ensure unconditional Israeli hegemony in the region no matter what policy it chooses. Israel is plenty strong on its own; if it seeks to put an end to proxy wars it can start negotiations with all of its "neighbors" regarding land and other matters it needs to be settled. but since the proxy wars have existed for decades and Israel has survived just fine my guess is that Israelis will just let the status quo be.

Quote:
But it will never going to happen and you have decided to be a patsy for the Iranian regime, in its goals of Shia dominance. Being a patsy will sponsor the continual murder of innocent people through out the world and will force Israel into a war it could of prevented. John Boehner exposed Obama's weak negotiations with Iran and now has been further exposed for his lack of credibility in handling the Iranian files.
don't worry Israel will not take any actions against Iran on its own. because it has too much to lose because of that proxy war you are worried about.
all of Netyanhau's constantly yelling and screaming is to force the U.S to go bomb the hell out of Iran for three-six months and thus bug down the U.S in this region forever to guarantee Israeli hegemony over everything in the middle east. guess what it is such a raw deal President GW and President BO who have plenty of other wars did not go for it.

I say thanks but no thanks. U.S Needs to shift its focus to Asia Pacific and if we can have slightly better relations with Iran as a result of a deal that will be all the better.

you just keep repeating but Israel must be able to tell these countries exactly what they should do and their country.
and I keep saying: why do I care?? as long there is a balance of power in that region everybody will stay in line and do anything too crazy.

Iranian people are pro western. Iran has historically been fearful of the Big Russian Bear and that's why a partnership with the U.S benefits them. I will welcome any easing of tensions between Iran and the west if a deal can be reached. the Iranian governing regime has been internally debating about how better relations with U.S would be beneficial to them.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
Still a great story.... אופרה (Operation Opera).

Israeli Air Force taking out Saddam's nuclear program in '81 without talking to Reagan.

Oh and Mossad killed a bunch of their scientists too.

Military Channel had this screening up the street at the Bill Daniels Cable Center @ DU many moons ago.

Raid on the Reactor

[video : Military Channel, free and clear]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies