Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 11:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what's up with Giullani besides wanting to stir things up. Everyone just wants to stir things up, that what passes for substance these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 11:14 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not sure what's up with Giullani besides wanting to stir things up. Everyone just wants to stir things up, that what passes for substance these days.
Do you think maybe he's been in perpetual conniption since 911? Ever since then he just seems bats***t crazy. I don't know how else to explain this. He's just plain nuts.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Can't dispute the content, attack the messenger. You Obaggers are so predictable.
Of course the content can't be disputed, it's O-P-I-N-I-O-N, nothing more.

Mine is Rudy's a washed up political hack who's had his fifteen minutes and misses them.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course the content can't be disputed, it's O-P-I-N-I-O-N, nothing more.

Mine is Rudy's a washed up political hack who's had his fifteen minutes and misses them.
He is a sad, bitter man.
First Bloomberg gets the third term that he himself tried to wrangle after 9/11 and then a real liberal gets elected.
It must irk him no end that NYC set a record for most number of days without a homicide under that liberal mayor.

To the poster that tried to compare the Mayor's behavior to President Clinton's, yes, both were despicable, but, did Clinton divorce his wife as a result?
Did he announce their separation to the press before telling his wife he was leaving her?
Did he try to move his mistress into what was the family home while his wife and child(ren) were still living there?
Is he now estranged from a child as a result of the treatment of that child's mother?

That's the kind of man Rudy is.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:14 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
His outrage doesn't strike me as all that genuine. Most of our representatives, conservative and moderate, have been lethargic where Obama is concerned for the past six years. There is a better way to get a point across without shouting it like the wizard of oz.

There was also a better time to say it...like six years ago.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:35 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Such a classy speech. He should headline the 2016 GOP Convention.
That'd be great. He'd hand the Presidency to the Dems for the next 100 years. Of course, that's gonna happen anyway.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Giuliani is promoting the typical interventionist/neoconservative foreign policy "line" of recent years - more overseas "interventions," more warfare, more military spending. Obama is actually a bit of an interventionist himself (as we saw from the ill-advised Libyan debacle), but not enough of one for certain political segments.

This is quite a shift over time for Giuliani - earlier in life, he was skeptical of the Vietnam war, and declined to serve in it. He certainly didn't trust an interventionist federal foreign policy back then. Times have changed, of course, but it's not exactly clear how his proposed strategy would meet with any better end than the Vietnam war itself did.

Anyway, anti-interventionism is not an unpatriotic position for Americans to take, which is something that neoconservative rhetoric often tries to deny.
Typical Reicht-wing chickenhawk. What a hypocrite.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:42 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
"Audacity of Hope" is dedicated to Obama's Grandmother and Mother.
Oh, was that the Grandmother in Hawaii or the Grandmother from Kenya who stated in an interview that she was present at BO's birth in Kenya? She suddenly died 2 or 3 days after that interview came out.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
How about recognizing that Rudy is just a man that tells the truth and is not afraid to do so! Some of us do that and find "political spin" and the "ducking behind false front" when speaking suits their cowardly demeanor.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He is a sad, bitter man.
First Bloomberg gets the third term that he himself tried to wrangle after 9/11 and then a real liberal gets elected.
It must irk him no end that NYC set a record for most number of days without a homicide under that liberal mayor.

To the poster that tried to compare the Mayor's behavior to President Clinton's, yes, both were despicable, but, did Clinton divorce his wife as a result?
Did he announce their separation to the press before telling his wife he was leaving her?
Did he try to move his mistress into what was the family home while his wife and child(ren) were still living there?
Is he now estranged from a child as a result of the treatment of that child's mother?

That's the kind of man Rudy is.
It was "Hillary" that should have divorced the dispicable idiot. How many women has he pursued throughout the marriage, including having his "security guys" when governor of Arkansas bring many to him in a hotel room? Both of them are, IMHO, totally immoral and should never hold public office.

Oh, maybe they deserve each other, since both seem to ignor the marriage vows. Hmmmm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies