Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 03:53 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

Why do we need Political Correctness?
We are based upon the Judeo Christian ethic of our Founding Fathers. Why do we need to apologize for this, or edit it, for the whims of the current fringe lunatics?
We always should say what we really think, and open that to debate, instead of couching it in whatever the PC of the moment is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 03:59 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
You ask a very good question.

Somewhere along the line PC BS became the norm. I often think it was done to try and stifle free speech. Once PC BS took over, we all had to watch what we were saying. Don't say this because it offends someone, instead say that instead.

I think PC BS has done more harm than good.

We should never feel we have to apologize because our country is based upon the Judeo-Christian ethic.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:03 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You ask a very good question.
really? he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Somewhere along the line PC BS became the norm. I often think it was done to try and stifle free speech. Once PC BS took over, we all had to watch what we were saying. Don't say this because it offends someone, instead say that instead.

I think PC BS has done more harm than good.

We should never feel we have to apologize because our country is based upon the Judeo-Christian ethic.
Okay not calling someone the "N" word, or treating people fairly isn't running afoul of the Judeo-Christian ethic.

usually the people who complain about political correctness are the same people not letting black people board a subway car - in good clean fun.

Then the people who complain about PC bring out Cherry picked examples from Google . . .to show how TODAY is different. . .

Quit your whining

Old 02-23-2015, 04:34 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We are based upon the Judeo Christian ethic of our Founding Fathers. Why do we need to apologize for this, or edit it, for the whims of the current fringe lunatics?
We always should say what we really think, and open that to debate, instead of couching it in whatever the PC of the moment is.
The term 'Judeo-Christian' is a fairly modern term, at least in the sense that it is commonly used today. So I reject in it's entirety that we were formed on any Jewish/Christian views. Certainly not Jewish views, we were viewed as second class citizens all over the Western World until the 19th century or so, accept in central Europe where this view persisted into at least the 1950s.

We were founded on the principles of individualism. We supported liberty and free thought. There is a reason I say that in past tense, because that is no longer the case. I agree, PC is a bad thing, but so is claiming we were founded on an idea that hadn't really surfaced into mainstream thought until the mid 20th century.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:35 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
You'd have to define PC first.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:46 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,638,734 times
People have gotten sensitive. They don't want to better themselves. They want the world to hand them a trophy for existing.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:53 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
With all going on in the world, I believe that the apocalypse has started and will take a number of years before the end of times.

Pretty much we're all screwed.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:

Political correctness is here to help you organize your argument, your thought, your logic.

If you can't make a point without breaking it, then most likely your logic is horse manure.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:03 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
With all going on in the world, I believe that the apocalypse has started and will take a number of years before the end of times.

Pretty much we're all screwed.

I'd like to see people who expound this type of BS put their money where they mouth is and make a pledge to give away all their possession after X years.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:10 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
The point of my post was that, I want people to say what they really think. I guess what pushed my buttons today was that Rudy Giuliani is the current Lib media target about his comments about the President. It doesn't matter what he said, or whether what he said is right or wrong. I want people to say what they really think. We can all evaluate it, and take it, or leave it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies