Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 09:45 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
You trying to mix Christianity with something else to sound more like a victim than the perpetrator , Lol, I see your game but it will fail, stick to the subject !!
Interesting, what have I perpetrated? Please tell, specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 09:54 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

That's pretty funny coming from a bunch of people who have provided exactly zero factual information on this thread.

Let's have some more actual facts that you can promptly and utterly ignore because they completely undermine the entire "we're at war with Islam" baloney.

1. There are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. As a group they are more diverse in terms of opinions, race/ethnicity, gender, income, etc. than Americans who regularly vote Republican. That's a fact. It's not even close.

2. If I was generous, I'd go along with the highball estimate that there's about 50,000 Islamic terrorists in the world, about 20,000 of those, ISIS/ISIL members (and note, ISIS/ISIL pretty much hates all the other Islamic terrorist groups). That would make them .003 of 1% of all the world's Muslims (three one-thousandths of a percent). That one one-thousandth of a percent lower than the % of Americans who commit murder (.004).

3. Currently, ISIS/ISIL is fighting a war...against other Muslims. Now, one might think that the undisputed fact that Muslims are currently fighting a brutal war against other Muslims might undercut any sort of notion that Islam is monolithic and all Muslims are in agreement on everything, pro-terrorist, blah, blah, blah. But of course, even though that's been pointed out right here on this very thread, few people who want to keep pushing the "we're at war with Islam" line have even acknowledged that fact when it's been pointed out. If Muslims are fighting a big war against other Muslims, and in the war the vast, overwhelming majority of the Muslims are fighting against ISIS/ISIL, it's kind of hard to make the argument that most Muslims, much less the whole of Islam looks upon ISIS favorably. Not that that would stop anyone from continuously trying to make that argument anyway.
You're right that the thread is a farce. Started based on a premise from some biased blog... throw in a few Youtube snippets... suddenly we're in a war with "all of Islam." Never mind how often it's repeated that we're not...

Old 02-24-2015, 10:26 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Hmm, where are the burnings alive in cages, the mass beheadings, rapes and torture of children, suicide bombings, collapsing towers in New York City, public floggings of thousands of lashes, throwing of homosexuals off of buildings, genital mutilation, stonings, etc.?

Guess those Christians need to spice things up a bit.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Those who have actually read and understand all 78,000+/- words, would understand that it's Quran.

The term Koran was invested by the Associated Press because they figured the US people would not be able to pronounce Quran.
If you want to be that nit-picky, then you haven't really read and understood it unless you read Arabic.

Do you read Arabic?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
KKK is still active today, have meetings and even get elected under religious banners

African Americans are still slaughtered today, every day a young black man is killed , so Christian terrorism is still well and alive today !!
Silliness is certainly alive and well today.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
lol

That's pretty funny coming from a bunch of people who have provided exactly zero factual information on this thread.

Let's have some more actual facts that you can promptly and utterly ignore because they completely undermine the entire "we're at war with Islam" baloney.

If I was generous, I'd go along with the highball estimate that there's about 50,000 Islamic terrorists in the world, about 20,000 of those, ISIS/ISIL members
And you know all this how?

Support for terrorism is much higher than you suggest: Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth.

Quote:
3. Currently, ISIS/ISIL is fighting a war...against other Muslims.
I guess you didn't notice when they beheaded Christians.
Quote:
If Muslims are fighting a big war against other Muslims, and in the war the vast, overwhelming majority of the Muslims are fighting against ISIS/ISIL, it's kind of hard to make the argument that most Muslims, much less the whole of Islam looks upon ISIS favorably.
So over a billion Muslims (a "vast majority") are currently fighting ISIS/ISIL? Hmm, I haven't noticed that. But pray, favor us with more of your "facts" that you like to make up.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:29 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I've never been a big fan of the Catholic pomp, but it certainly isn't an excuse to annihilate them.
Since Christians are so dangerous Maybe the Popes Army will recapture the Middle East.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't want to start a war with them, I want to separate ourselves from them completely. Our cultures do not mesh at all.

No more immigration from that part of the world, no more travel to and from countries with terrorist ties. and all the Muslims here must denounce Jihad and extremism or lose their citizenship and be deported.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'll ask you the same question I asked the other dude in the other thread.

Deport them to where?
Anywhere that will take them.

If there are no takers, we lock them up and throw away the key.
Quote:
Under the authority of whom? How does one "lose their citizenship"?
The government takes it away from them.

newcitizen.us -- Losing US Citizenship.

Listed reasons for revoking citizenship include treason ("...waging violent war against the United States in cooperation with a foreign country or any organized group...)

Quote:
Renounce your faith or face exile (we know that's where this is going, how can you be sure they mean it otherwise?
Good point. You can't take their word for it. They have to go whether or not they renounce.
Quote:
The terrorists must be wringing their hands with glee. Not only have they scared you
The only people who are scared are the liberals who want anti-American subversives in this country.

I can see that the prospect of Muslims being expelled terrifies you.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:44 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
And you know all this how?
Our CIA's estimates of how many Islamic terrorists there are in the world. But what do they know, they're just the most well-funded intelligence gathering operation on the face of the earth.

Quote:
Support for terrorism is much higher than you suggest: Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth.
Far right extremist websites are not legit sources. Got a legit source for that? If not, your numbers are a lie.

Quote:
I guess you didn't notice when they beheaded Christians.
And they burned a Muslim pilot alive in a cage. Your point? Perhaps a little basic geography is in order here. You see, in the region, the overwhelming majority of the people are Muslims, not Christians, not Jews, not Wiccans or Hindus or Atheists or Buddhists. Muslims. Muslims make up the vast, vast majority of the people ISIS is killing.

Quote:
So over a billion Muslims (a "vast majority") are currently fighting ISIS/ISIL? Hmm, I haven't noticed that. But pray, favor us with more of your "facts" that you like to make up.
Actually not what I said, I'll add reading to the growing list of your shortcomings.

Let's go over some more numbers, shall we? This will be fun...for me.

ISIS/ISIL has maybe about 20,000 fighters in Syria/Iraq. The Syrian Army (who is fighting against them) has 250,000 troops. The Iraqi Army has 283,000 troops. The Iranian Army has 425,000 troops.

Iran is the only one of those not in the war yet. The Syrian and Iraqi armies combined have 25 times more troops than ISIS/ISIL. The Syrian and Iraqi armies are almost 100% Muslim, the Iranian Army is 100% Shiite Muslim (and ISIS/ISIL seriously hates Shiites) So yeah, basic math can tell you that in this war, the overwhelming majority is against ISIS/ISIL. And that's not even adding the potential of a bunch of other countries joining in the fight: Turkey, Jordan, and Egypt to name a few, and all three of them have sizable armies in their own right.

So, if you were under the impression that the area nominally under ISIS/ISIL was surrounded by Christian countries and that ISIS/ISIL was mostly fighting someone else other than other Muslims, you'd be wrong. They're mostly fighting Syria and Iraq right now, and in case you're not aware, those are Muslim-majority countries and if they were to win against them (they won't), they plan on immediately going to war with a bunch of other Muslim-majority countries, like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Jordan, Libya, Egypt, Iran, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Yemen, Qatar, the UAE, Oman, Bahrain; one Jewish country: Israel and also the Palestinian proto-state, because ISIS hates the Palestinians too (fun fact: they also hate Al Qaeda and the Taliban too).

Old 02-25-2015, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Our CIA's estimates of how many Islamic terrorists there are in the world. But what do they know, they're just the most well-funded intelligence gathering operation on the face of the earth.
Link? Your claims have not been trustworthy thus far.

Quote:
Far right extremist websites are not legit sources. Got a legit source for that? If not, your numbers are a lie.
Many of the numbers come from Pew Research -- not a far right organization. But nice try.

Quote:
And they burned a Muslim pilot alive in a cage. Your point? Perhaps a little basic geography is in order here. You see, in the region, the overwhelming majority of the people are Muslims, not Christians, not Jews, not Wiccans or Hindus or Atheists or Buddhists. Muslims. Muslims make up the vast, vast majority of the people ISIS is killing.
You claimed they were killing Muslims, but omitted the fact that they have killed Christians.

I already knew that the majority of the people in the region are Muslim. So what? I never denied that.

Quote:
Let's go over some more numbers, shall we? This will be fun...for me.

ISIS/ISIL has maybe about 20,000 fighters in Syria/Iraq. The Syrian Army (who is fighting against them) has 250,000 troops. The Iraqi Army has 283,000 troops. The Iranian Army has 425,000 troops.

Iran is the only one of those not in the war yet. The Syrian and Iraqi armies combined have 25 times more troops than ISIS/ISIL. The Syrian and Iraqi armies are almost 100% Muslim, the Iranian Army is 100% Shiite Muslim (and ISIS/ISIL seriously hates Shiites) So yeah, basic math can tell you that in this war, the overwhelming majority is against ISIS/ISIL. And that's not even adding the potential of a bunch of other countries joining in the fight: Turkey, Jordan, and Egypt to name a few, and all three of them have sizable armies in their own right.
You said that the majority of the world's 1.5 billion Muslims are fighting ISIS right now. I pointed out that you were incorrect. Now you come back at me with a bunch of facts that I was already aware of. Do you ever admit that you are wrong?

Quote:
So, if you were under the impression that the area nominally under ISIS/ISIL was surrounded by Christian countries and that ISIS/ISIL was mostly fighting someone else other than other Muslims, you'd be wrong.
I never said that ISIS/ISIL was surrounded by Christian countries. More strawmen from you. Discussing this with you is obviously a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies