Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 03:05 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,953,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Chinese did not see the looming consequences of the US invasion either...and apparently, neither did the US.

Do you think China will engage in gun-boat diplomacy in the US, like the US used gun-boat diplomacy in China, when the US colonized China?

Can you imagine Chinese gun-boats cruising up and down the rivers and coastal areas of the US indiscriminately slaughtering Americans?

It's not my fault your text-books omit your history...

Mircea
Would you like to share what you are talking about? It might very well be something that American history books do not reveal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 07:31 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,302,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Not necessarily.

They have to pay much higher tuition than U.S. students.

A lot of universities want that money. A good example is the University of California, which used to be heavily supported by the state of California. That support has significantly diminished. So tuition from out of state and international students is a much more significant part of the UC budget.
They still have to be qualified and meet standards. My point is that their credentials are not lower than in-state students.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:34 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,302,481 times
Quote:
Almost half of lower-income working legal U.S. citizens pay zero federal income taxes.

And many receive an "earned income" tax refund even though they pay no taxes.

Why would you think it would be any different for illegals who don't earn very much?

Under Obama's executive order, a whole bunch of non-federal-taxpaying illegals are now going to be PAID by the U.S. treasury!
Actually, undocumented immigrants DO pay taxes...it's a myth they don't.

5 immigration myths debunked - Nov. 20, 2014

Old 03-09-2015, 07:46 PM

62,677 posts, read 28,868,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post

What's an "undocumented immigrant"? There is no such thing. They are illegal aliens. Some illegal aliens pay income taxes but since they are low wage earners they get it back in the form of a refund at the end of the year. If they have many dependents that can take the EIC which many times results in getting more taxes back than they paid in. Any taxes they pay do not cover their enormous social costs anyway.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:52 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,265,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Chinese did not see the looming consequences of the US invasion either...and apparently, neither did the US.
Do you think China will engage in gun-boat diplomacy in the US, like the US used gun-boat diplomacy in China, when the US colonized China?
Can you imagine Chinese gun-boats cruising up and down the rivers and coastal areas of the US indiscriminately slaughtering Americans?

It's not my fault your text-books omit your history...
Mircea
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Would you like to share what you are talking about? It might very well be something that American history books do not reveal.
Yes I agree. The US did not Colonize? In the sense it is defined. Last I checked the British did the colonializing in China? They helped, or did... create Hong Kong. Then handed it over to China. The US sent our know how. In industry over and built the factories, bringing China into the Modern era.

China then gained one of the most modern cities in Hong Kong from Britain? Then brought through the whole industrial revolution by the US in 30 years? That took over 100 for the west to get too. Now they have all necessary to be a world power. Not long ago it was claimed the Japanese were buying up parts of the US too. But as long as the Chinese invest???? The US will be fine.

But look out if they stop and withdraw????? Seriously

Old 03-09-2015, 10:53 PM

493 posts, read 512,702 times
At work today I witnessed yet another example of the entitlement found in these newly arrived Chinese. I caught a man deliberately flouting our policy limiting baby formula purchases to six per person per day. He tried to buy six more at my register just after buying six from the cashier behind me. He would have gotten away with it had he not come into my line first, but right after buying six from the other cashier he came right back into my line. I thwarted his cheating intentions, not just with the formula but with the coupons as well, and not only informed him of policy but called him out on his behaviour - in a calm, direct way of course simply stating that he was just there a few minutes earlier buying the limit for formula.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:00 PM

493 posts, read 512,702 times
Quote:
Not necessarily.

They have to pay much higher tuition than U.S. students.

A lot of universities want that money. A good example is the University of California, which used to be heavily supported by the state of California. That support has significantly diminished. So tuition from out of state and international students is a much more significant part of the UC budget.
We can thank the Gipper himself for the current state of the UC.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:08 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,408,883 times
Quote:
They still have to be qualified and meet standards. My point is that their credentials are not lower than in-state students.
You don't really know that.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,953,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
At work today I witnessed yet another example of the entitlement found in these newly arrived Chinese. I caught a man deliberately flouting our policy limiting baby formula purchases to six per person per day. He tried to buy six more at my register just after buying six from the cashier behind me. He would have gotten away with it had he not come into my line first, but right after buying six from the other cashier he came right back into my line. I thwarted his cheating intentions, not just with the formula but with the coupons as well, and not only informed him of policy but called him out on his behaviour - in a calm, direct way of course simply stating that he was just there a few minutes earlier buying the limit for formula.
Yep, typical of immigrants in SoCal! The Russians in West Zhollywood are the worst of all. Why is there a limit on baby formula? Too many babies in those maternity hotels?. Did he pretend like he didn't understand English? That would be their next defense.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:12 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,408,883 times
Quote:

"5 immigration myths"?

Aren't we talking about illegal immigration here?

The very title of that article is a blatant lie, and you can be sure that what it says is a bunch of lies, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies