Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2015, 08:48 AM

62,677 posts, read 28,868,753 times

Advertisements

NO, Americans should NOT have to compete for jobs against foreigners in our own country and in particular those here illegally. Anyone who says otherwise is and anti-American %$@*&! Americans first in their own country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 03:31 PM

493 posts, read 512,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
More deflection and ZERO facts and/or links to back up your BS.

LOL, carry on
You want links and facts? Here you go, proving that some of your precious Chinese immigrants are not the ideal "producers" you claim they are.

Quote:
"Some You Win clients allegedly defrauded hospitals by not paying what they owe. They "either fail to pay anything or pay a greatly-reduced amount designed for indigent or low income patients lacking insurance," according to DHS.

Records obtained by the agency show the couple found to be "credible tourists" paid only $4,080 of a $28,845.29 medical bill from the California hospital where their child was born. The expectant Chinese mother told the hospital that she was unemployed -- though she had listed a job on her original visa application."
How far Chinese moms will go to have U.S. babies - Mar. 30, 2015

Also, if you're going to play the race card Russians do the same.

Quote:
“…if you want to give birth in America, in Miami, all expenses will be paid by the insurance company,” said Mama-USA.com, according to our certified Russian translator.
To get that insurance, which again, is really Medicaid, this company asks women to pay them almost $2,000.

Another website, Babymiami.ru, charges almost one $1,000 for the newborns Medicaid and nearly $3,000 for the mother.

We discovered this website, has even posted a picture of a Florida Medicaid card as part of their sales pitch.

“If you use this insurance program, all of your bills issued by any medical institution will be forwarded to the insurance company, and in turn, it will be paying all the bills for you.”
CBS4 Investigates: Is Medicaid Fraud Part Of A Shortcut To Citizenship? « CBS Miami

Bye Felicia.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:44 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
OP here. I would MUCH rather have these "illegal" immigrant Hispanic contributors than a few Chinese users.

A Louis Vuitton bag, Mercedes-Benz or mansion doesn't get bought? Yawn.

But who harvests our produce? Who constructs the homes we live in? Who cleans the hotels we stay in, or maybe even the house you live in? Not these Chinese USERS, but the Latino CONTRIBUTORS.

Before you rally against undocumented immigrants, think about what would happen if they all left. I can tell you it would not be pretty.
Wow, take it easy. So you are Mexican (or Mexican-American)? This is too rich.

Mick

Old 05-25-2015, 03:48 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,861,259 times
Quote:
You want links and facts? Here you go, proving that some of your precious Chinese immigrants are not the ideal "producers" you claim they are.

How far Chinese moms will go to have U.S. babies - Mar. 30, 2015

Also, if you're going to play the race card Russians do the same.

CBS4 Investigates: Is Medicaid Fraud Part Of A Shortcut To Citizenship? « CBS Miami

Bye Felicia.
Wow !!!
Someone is sore !!!

A few hundred Chinese and Russians compared to 15- 20 million Illegal Latinos.

It's like comparing an acne problem with terminal cancer.

BTW ALL Illegal immigration and scams by ALL ethnicities should be stopped, unlike you who praise Illegals of 1 background, they ALL should go.

What hypocrisy??? Talk about "Race" card, as long as it's your demographic it's OK ???

I have no Chinese, Russian or Latino ancestry and even IF I did all scammers/Illegals should leave.

Unlike you who believe in "selectively" targeting 1 group.

BTW It's disingenuous of you to post your rant in this category, maybe the Illegal immigration forum is better suited to the "message" you really want to convey.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:33 PM

33,837 posts, read 16,862,578 times
No Packard fan, Cowards do restrict competition for jobs. Those of us with 21st century skill sets need no assistance. Bring all competition on.

PS: Jobs belong to the corp that created them, and no one else. the term "my job" is inaccurate at best. It is yours to do while both employer and employee choose for you to do it. It will go on, past you, as the corp owns the job.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,851,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No Packard fan, Cowards do restrict competition for jobs. Those of us with 21st century skill sets need no assistance. Bring all competition on.

PS: Jobs belong to the corp that created them, and no one else. the term "my job" is inaccurate at best. It is yours to do while both employer and employee choose for you to do it. It will go on, past you, as the corp owns the job.
Word is employers LIKE open immigration: us working people from unskilled labor up to doctors and lawyers like to control immigration IF too many people are fighting over the pie of life.

2015 is def time to slam the door on MOST immigration into the US. More and more countries in Europe are coming down hard on immigration from NON "Schengen" countries because it's the right thing to do.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:06 PM

33,837 posts, read 16,862,578 times
No the door will not be slammed, just as it has not been for decades.

Financially, it won't affect me, open or shut, I'll continue doing extremely well.

It is already shifting to an employee's market (if you have true skills relevant to 2015). It got to that point the correct, Free Market, way. At some point, it will shift again, and that too, should not shift the open door policy we've had for several decades now.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:22 PM

There is nothing wrong with competition between Americans for jobs. But when employers are demanding more legal and illegal immigrants to compete for lower wages against Americans that's not fair competition. It doesn't make an American a coward to object to this unfair and unlawful competition. Any American who advocates for that is an anti-American piece of &*%@. We see them in this forum often and it usually is because these so-called "immigrants are of their own ethnic group. If that isn't racism then I don't know what is.

Employers/corporations are obligated to respect our laws just as everyone else is. I keep hearing especially in the IT industry how they will claim that they can't find a qualified American to do that job when it is just BS to be able to bring in a foreigner to pay them less and increase their profits. It's the same reason they hire illegal aliens. I suggest that anyone who doesn't give a damn about the American worker leave these country and go elsewhere because they are traitors to this country.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:32 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,012,924 times
Quote:
I always regarded myself as tolerant of people of all backgrounds. But now one group of people has tested not only my patience, but also my tolerance. And that group of people are this new wave of Chinese immigrants and visitors to the United States.

And why does no one even bat an eye on them? $$$

This new wave of mainland Chinese have a mentality that they can buy their way into the United States, and that everything in this country is theirs for the taking, as long as they pay for it by any means necessary. And we in America take their money without regard for the consquences.

They do NOT assimilate as the earlier waves of Chinese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong immigrants did. More and more Chinese international students are enrolling at the community colleges in my area. Because again, $$$. Those Chinese international students make NO effort to assimilate among their fellow students, clustering in their own groups speaking Mandarin amongst themselves, not English. Just yesterday I went back to a community college I attended to pick up some forms, and there were parts of the campus where I felt like I was at the University of Beijing. Not because those people were Asian, it's because I heard Mandarin out of their mouths, not English.

In cities in my area, it is now just as possible to live a Chinese-only lifestyle as it is to live a Spanish-only or English-only lifestyle. Municipalities here state "Mandarin/Cantonese/etc. preferred" in their job postings. More and more retailers are catering to Chinese with money. Last time I visited the biggest, most well-known local mall in this part of Southern California (Westfield Santa Anita) I felt like I was in Beijing or Shanghai. And in many Asian-majority neighborhoods, good luck finding a sign you can read.

Remember how I mentioned this new wave of Chinese think they can just buy their way into this country?

Rich Chinese are coming here on tourist visas to have babies with U.S. citizenship. Yes, they are having ANCHOR BABIES. They pay for everything all in cash, and it's all legal under the 14th Amendment and U.S. immigration law. The maternity hotels generally keep a low profile here, but people know they are here. In a community near mine, one only has to walk down a sidewalk along a major street and see the groups of pregnant Chinese women waddling around together to the nearby mall or big-box stores to go shopping.

And they come into those big-box stores to buy mass quantities of baby formula. Stores have set limits on formula buying, but they come in again and again to buy more. And of course, they are cheap so they will come in with as many coupons in hand as possible, and if there are free giftcards on offer, you bet half the population of China will be in the store buying up formula to send back to China for profit.

They tear down historic, charming houses to build mansions, offering up mass quantities of cash to longtime residents to get them out and themselves in. And bring their spoiled children with them. Even at the community college I see cars such as Aston Martins in the parking lot driven by China's young and spoiled. Seeing a Ferrari, Bentley, or Lamborghini was once a special occasion when I went to LA's rich, glamourous areas such as Beverly Hills. Now, I see exotic and top-end luxury cars more and more in my local area, and who are the drivers? China's young and spoiled.

Was this rant long? Yes. But no one sees the looming consequences of this new Chinese invasion.
And your people did *not* assimilate to the Native American culture that had been here for centuries. Drop the racism and "white-Christian" elitism... You'll live a happier life.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
And your people did *not* assimilate to the Native American culture that had been here for centuries. Drop the racism and "white-Christian" elitism... You'll live a happier life.
"Your" people? Since when did we become our dead ancestors? We aren't responsible for what they did or didn't do. My so-called people didn't even come here till well after and conflicts with the indios and the USA was an established country with English being the primary language here. Those early settlers and subsequent pilgrims/immigrants came from several different European countries so which ones are supposed to be "your" people?

WTH does white or Christian have to do with anything? Racism? WTH are you talking about?

And by the way, there were no Native Americans when this country/continent was discovered. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else. Which indio language should we have assimilated to since many different ones were spoken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies