Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 04:51 PM

493 posts, read 514,762 times

Advertisements

More consequences stemming from entitled Chinese who come here to take advantage of this country. These two articles are just from today's edition of the Los Angeles Times.

Teens' attack on Chinese girl draws comparison to 'Lord of the Flies' from judge - LA Times

"The March 30 attack has prompted soul-searching not just in Rowland Heights but also in China — the victim and her alleged attackers were "parachute kids," part of a new wave of Chinese youngsters who live in Southern California and attend local schools while their parents remain back home. Parachute kids typically stay in private homes in the San Gabriel Valley, paying for room, board, transportation and substitute parenting from their hosts. Most are in high school, though some are younger, studying here to get a jump start on admission to an American college."

Fewer Californians got into UC, while offers to foreign students rose - LA Times

"With the number of University of California applicants at an all-time high, California residents faced slightly tougher odds in landing an acceptance to fall’s freshman classes, while students from other countries received somewhat more admissions offers than in the past, according to university statistics released Thursday."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 04:29 PM

Funny how Donald Trump says nothing about the thousands of Chinese who come here to have anchor babies. Perhaps it's beacuse they have $$$ and are not Mexican?

Old 08-24-2015, 04:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
Funny how Donald Trump says nothing about the thousands of Chinese who come here to have anchor babies. Perhaps it's beacuse they have $$$ and are not Mexican?
I don't see what the outrage is all about. Regarding univeristy admissions, that's because we love the Anglo-Saxon model of choking off public university funding so that they need to resort to international students in order to complete their budget. As for private universities, I don't care, it's private.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:35 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
He is for deporting all illegals but they aren't coming via the Mexican border. Mexicans are here by far in the largest numbers illegally.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He is for deporting all illegals but they aren't coming via the Mexican border. Mexicans are here by far in the largest numbers illegally.
What the Chinese are doing is perfectly legal under the Constitution. But their babies are still anchor babies.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:06 AM

73,010 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If those Mexicans are here legally; I'm good with that. If here illegally; they need to be arrested then deported.
I feel as you do on that.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
What the Chinese are doing is perfectly legal under the Constitution. But their babies are still anchor babies.
Yes, they are anchor babies unless the Chinese parent has a permanent domicile in this country. Birth tourism is very rampant among the Chinese and yes their kids born here are anchor babies. That practice needs to stop by ending all birthright citizenships when foreigners are merely visiting here or in our country illegally.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:25 PM

240 posts, read 344,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, and illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". Immigrants come here legally. Some sure do like to blur the lines in here though. Legal immigrants would get paid the same as an American so they would not get an advantage here. Illegal aliens however are willing to work for less so that is unfair and unlawful competition. Some in here need to learn the difference. In regards to legal immigrants though we should not be allowing more in to compete for jobs when there is a job shortage.
Lol.. Your idea is exactly like some lousy anti-immigration lawmakers. You are kind of hypocrite middle class.

A famous anti-immigration senator wants to limit legal immigration, alright. However, you still see millions cross the boarder while he cannot do anything meaningful. If he really care about illegal immigration, why not he promote adding more boarder patrol or personally patrol the boarder down in Texas/Arizona to show his keen on illegal immigration (at least one time). I have not hear this senator even visit boarder a single time. The only thing he want to control is "legal" immigration from Asia which is target on Chinese/Asian because he know Indians/Asian is a easy target.

So, the trend is, legal immigrants get jammed in the system while illegals crossing the boarder day by day. They will continue to come to America and have numerous anchor babies. Also, they will on welfare.

What Chinese immigrants contribute to this country?
1. Provide University $$$
2. Provide tax dollars if they can get a job
3. Bring strong family value to America
4. Smart and Proud second generation Americans..

Why people fear Chinese immigrants? The hardcore truth is white middle class fear Asians taking away jobs from them. They fear fair competition with them (Note: From my observation, I do not see any blacks/latinos care about Asian immigrants because they are not competing same level jobs).

Old 09-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USERXXXX View Post
Lol.. Your idea is exactly like some lousy anti-immigration lawmakers. You are kind of hypocrite middle class.

A famous anti-immigration senator wants to limit legal immigration, alright. However, you still see millions cross the boarder while he cannot do anything meaningful. If he really care about illegal immigration, why not he promote adding more boarder patrol or personally patrol the boarder down in Texas/Arizona to show his keen on illegal immigration (at least one time). I have not hear this senator even visit boarder a single time. The only thing he want to control is "legal" immigration from Asia which is target on Chinese/Asian because he know Indians/Asian is a easy target.

So, the trend is, legal immigrants get jammed in the system while illegals crossing the boarder day by day. They will continue to come to America and have numerous anchor babies. Also, they will on welfare.

What Chinese immigrants contribute to this country?
1. Provide University $$$
2. Provide tax dollars if they can get a job
3. Bring strong family value to America
4. Smart and Proud second generation Americans..

Why people fear Chinese immigrants? The hardcore truth is white middle class fear Asians taking away jobs from them. They fear fair competition with them (Note: From my observation, I do not see any blacks/latinos care about Asian immigrants because they are not competing same level jobs).
Who are these anti-"immigration" lawmakers? I never heard of them. Where is my hypocricy? I have no problem with legal immigration in reasonable numbers but object to illegal immigration. Wanting to limit legal immigration to the numbers we can handle is not being anti-immigration. So, WTH are you talking about? I have no idea what Senator you are talking about or what you are claiming he is not promoting.

I have no problem with Chinese immigrants coming here legally and in reasonable numbers just as any other legal immigrants. Where are you getting in my posts that I fear them? I seriously don't know what you are talking about.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:01 PM

To be young, rich and Chinese in America: Amid all that flashy spending, a sense of loss - LA Times

More evidence of the disgusting use of dirty money and the grossly entitled attitudes of mainland Chinese resulting from the loss of millions of American jobs.

"And in Los Angeles, where many rich Chinese families send their kids to school, an 18-year-old UC Irvine student from China was arrested in Malibu after leading police on a 122 mph chase across the city in a BMW 750i, unaware that he was being pursued."

"Rong, a second-year student at USC, rents an office in a downtown skyscraper, spends weekends in his family’s 5,900-square-foot house in Newport Beach and, depending on his mood, drives a Bentley Continental GT, a Rolls Royce Phantom, a Porsche Turbo Cayenne, a Cadillac, a Mercedes or a Range Rover — a fleet he keeps parked around town, some in spaces that go for up to $2,400 a year at the downtown Los Angeles high-rise where he has his apartment. "

Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies