Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 05:56 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Left wingers hate of a close ally is telling
It is amazing, Israel is the only free democracy in the region, where women are free, and the people are free to worship any religion without fear of retribution from the state. Maybe if Israel behaved like some Muslim countries and murdered gays, and stoned women for being raped, then the left would love Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 05:59 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undueinfluence View Post
Politicians on the left and the right support Israel because of the influence of Jews in politics, media, and the fact they are half the country's billionaires and thus give billions to campaigns.

Furthermore, with their lobby comprised predominately of American-Jews who are Israeli-firsters, no politician can dare question Israel or their career is ruined.
Who would have thought when Jews said "Never Again" 70 years ago actually meant it?

Old 01-29-2015, 06:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It is amazing, Israel is the only free democracy in the region, where women are free, and the people are free to worship any religion without fear of retribution from the state. Maybe if Israel behaved like some Muslim countries and murdered gays, and stoned women for being raped, then the left would love Israel.
As a left leaner, If push came to shove, I would be on the side of Israel against any and every other country in the region. For all the reasons you just posted.
But it's obvious to me by now that Israel is the main obstacle to a solution to the Palestinian State and Israeli question.
I've concluded that the reason is because Israel has only one permissible solution. That is total annexation of the West bank and Jerusalem as their capital. They won't ever come out and say that, but that is the elephant in the room or the stench in the elevator, depending on your viewpoint.

That's why I speak out against this fawning over Israel and their dramas.
It's all phony and not one individual in the world would consider the Palestinians a real military threat to Israel's existence.
For me, it's all word salad that comes out of Israeli's mouth and toe tapping around the fact that Complete annexation of the West Bank and Jerusalem as their capital is the only objective of Israel and nothing less will ever do.
I wish at least one Israeli or rabid supporter would be honest and admit it.

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-29-2015 at 06:38 PM..

Old 01-29-2015, 07:56 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
As a left leaner, If push came to shove, I would be on the side of Israel against any and every other country in the region. For all the reasons you just posted.
But it's obvious to me by now that Israel is the main obstacle to a solution to the Palestinian State and Israeli question.
I've concluded that the reason is because Israel has only one permissible solution. That is total annexation of the West bank and Jerusalem as their capital. They won't ever come out and say that, but that is the elephant in the room or the stench in the elevator, depending on your viewpoint.

That's why I speak out against this fawning over Israel and their dramas.
It's all phony and not one individual in the world would consider the Palestinians a real military threat to Israel's existence.
For me, it's all word salad that comes out of Israeli's mouth and toe tapping around the fact that Complete annexation of the West Bank and Jerusalem as their capital is the only objective of Israel and nothing less will ever do.
I wish at least one Israeli or rabid supporter would be honest and admit it.
The problem is that they are Jews, and too many in the mid East hate Jews, and want them dead, simply for breathing.

You know what happens if no one attacks Israel? Nothing, Israel will live in peace.

You know what happens if the Israelis don't attack anyone? Israel will be attacked, and their people murdered, stabbed, shot, beaten, kidnapped and tortured, then murdered, their school buses will be blown up, and they will have rockets fired into their homes.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times
There are a mix of considerations dealing with Israel legitimately paronoid surrounded by demonic countries seeking to slaughter all Zionists because that's what you do when psychopathic and evil. Anyway, God said " Bless Israel and be blessed ,curse Israel and be cursed" so I'll roll with God but aren't most Jews essentially antichrists? ( except messianic believers in Jesus) Are they going to get a whipp'in before enjoying Gods blessings ? Oh yeah! Then all will be good.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:
Thank you for giving me the Jewish perspective and justification for ignoring the UN Mandate 446. You can spin it any way you want but the bottom line is there will be no true peace in the middle East as long as Israel continues to build settlements in the West Bank and wants to declare Jerusalem their capital. The world community will never abide by those actions.

I know nothing of the Palestinians and consider them displaced citizens of their own lands just as much as the Jews consider themselves citizens returning to their ancestral lands of 3000 years ago.

I'll restate UN Security Resolution for your perusal.

United Nations Security Council resolution 446, adopted on 22 March 1979, concerned the issue of Israeli settlements in the "Arab territories occupied by Israel since 1967, including Jerusalem".[1] This refers to the Palestinian territories of the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip as well as the Syrian Golan Heights.
In the Resolution, the Security Council determined: "that the policy and practices of Israel in establishing settlements in the Palestinian and other Arab territories occupied since 1967 have no legal validity and constitute a serious obstruction to achieving a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East"
The Resolution was adopted by 12 votes to none, with 3 abstentions from Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

Tell me how you resolve your justification of West Bank territory in the face of such universal, worldwide opinion to the contrary?
I explained to you three times that unsc 446 is a non binding resolution, period. 242 is the only route the PA will have a state.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:13 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Fox News is owned by Saudis.
Uh, don't think so.

One Saudi prince having a 7% stake in News Corp. is not the same as "owning" Fox News.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are saying things i am not doing at all. Norm Chomsky is Jewish and he says it isn't Anti-semantic to be anti-zionist.

Noam Chomsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He has been described as a prominent cultural figure, and was voted the "world's top public intellectual" in a 2005 poll.[2

Chomsky has received many honorary degrees from universities around the world, including from the following:

Amherst College
Bard College
Central Connecticut State University
Columbia University
Georgetown University
Harvard University
Islamic University of Gaza
Loyola University Chicago
McGill University
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
National Tsing Hua University[206]
National University of Colombia
Peking University[207]
Rovira i Virgili University
Santo Domingo Institute of Technology
Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
Swarthmore College
University of Bologna
University of Buenos Aires
University of Calcutta
University of Cambridge
University of Chicago
University of Chile
University of Colorado[208]
University of Connecticut
University of Cyprus
University of Delhi
University of La Frontera
University of London
University of Maine
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Pennsylvania
University of St. Andrews
University of Toronto
University of Western Ontario
Uppsala University
Villanova University
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Noam Chomsky is a nutcase. He should stick to his field of expertise -- linguistics.

He claimed that America's invasion of Afghanistan would cause 2 million Afghanis to starve to death within a few months of the invasion (just google "noam chomsky, 2 million afghans will die.") Yeah, he's really a smart one.

The universities have been taken over by the extreme left.

They have no credibility anymore.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Zionism comes from the past and religious traditions. Like all things of this nature, I reject it as foolish. The Jews lost Israel centuries ago due to Muslim invaders. It's unfortunate, but you can't pick that up after centuries and act like you still own the place.
At least get your history right.

The Jewish diaspora began during the Roman Empire, long before there was a Muslim religion.

Jews have always been in Palestine, going back thousands of years -- long before Christ. It is their homeland.

And the Ottoman Empire was happy to have Jews come back to Palestine because the indigenous Arabs there were unproductive.

The current kerfluffle began after the Ottomon Empire collapsed after choosing the wrong (losing) side in WW1. That was when the British took over. The British likewise welcomed Jews until the local Arab Muslims raised a stink.

After WW II, it was clear that Jews needed their own country to protect themselves after millions of them were murdered in Europe.

Ever since the UN established the nation of Israel, it has been attacked by Muslims and forced to defend itself.

Anti-Zionism IS anti-semitism. And it makes perfect sense that liberals and leftists who are racist against white Europeans and Americans would be anti-Jewish as well.

Of course, they cloak their racism and Jew-hatred in a pretense of victimization. Making the bad guys out to be victims is their stock in trade.

Last edited by dechatelet; 01-29-2015 at 10:22 PM..

Old 01-29-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'll be the first to admit that I find the Israeli attitude towards the West Bank settlements and the attempt to sneak in Jerusalem as their capital has completely turned me off to their cause. I'm not pro Palestinian but by the same token I'm totally anti Jewish encroachment on the West Bank and the takeover of Jerusalem.
Israel's mistake was that it didn't expel the Palestinians after being attacked three times by surrounding Arab nations, followed by decades of terrorist attacks by Hamas, etc.

It's still not too late to carry out that expulsion.

When a country wins a war after being attacked and wins territory as a result, if that country is not Israel, it gets to dictate what goes on in that newly won territory. But for some strange reason, Jews are not allowed to do what everyone else does.

Hmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with anti-semitism...

All you libs who are so worked up about the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, and about the Israeli settlements...I'd like to know when you're going to pack your bags and move out of this country, which we took from the Native Americans. Or, if you live in the southwest, pack your bags and move out because we took the land from Mexico.

Last edited by dechatelet; 01-29-2015 at 10:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies