Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 02:07 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is going to blow up in Boehner's already scorched face. How Dare he stain the honor of his office as Speaker of the House by bringing a foreign head of state to OUR CAPITOL BUILDING to give a speech against the position of our sitting President. And Good for President Obama for refusing to meet with Netanyahu, and good for the many Jewish Americans planning to protest.

Poll: Nearly 2/3 of Americans say Netanyahu Congress speech a 'bad move' - Diplomacy and Defense - Israel News | Haaretz
Did you actually READ the poll?
They may not approve of the way that Netanyahu was invited to speak to Congress, but they definitely want to hear what he says. Info from exactly the same poll, but without the Leftist Haaretz spin.

A poll found that 59 percent of Americans support Netanyahu’s speech to Congress and only 23 percent oppose it.|Politico

Another article of the same poll -
Josh Rogin: Poll shows Americans want to hear Netanyahu's speech |McClatchy News, D.C.

Also, more respondents than not (47 percent to 32 percent) disapprove of the way the administration has reacted to the coming speech. Obama, Vice President Joseph Biden and Secretary of State John Kerry have all said they won't meet with Netanyahu while he is in Washington, citing adesire not to interfere in the Israeli elections coming March 17.

Breaking down the numbers a different way, the poll asked respondents whether it was appropriate to let Netanyahu speak to Congress considering he is so close to his own election. Only 22 percent of respondents said that Netanyahu should be barred from speaking because of his personal political interests.

This is going to blow up in TeamObama's face -- consider this - IF TeamObama had just made a bland statement along the lines of ..."We always welcome the Prime Minister of our strong ally Israel and will be interested in his views".

That would have pretty much been the end of it .... but Nooooo, President Stompy Foot has to throw a Juvenile Tantrum and turn a speech that would get little media coverage (lapdog media under orders) into a MAJOR EVENT.

What an Amateur - the Community Organizer declares WAR on the Commando Prime Minister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 02:09 PM

461 posts, read 555,873 times
Netanyahu is a serial killer who bombs Gaza at will and has over the years killed thousands of Palestinian children and women. That anyone can be excited he's coming to give a speech is mind blowing.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:12 PM

339 posts, read 334,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense.

And even if Iran does wanna obliterate Israel, what's it to us?

The Israelis can take care of themselves. The deal we cut with Iran should be in OUR interests, and no one else's.
Non nonsense! LOL

Yeah..Israel CAN take care of itself, but due largely in part from the fact that we have for many years given them more money for their defenses than we have any other nation on the planet. (A policy I have always been in favor of, BTW).

Poor little Israel--surrounded on all sides by "wilde-eyed pistol wavers (and suicide bombers!) who ain't afaraind to die!"

(with due credit to Don Henley..LOL)

Peace.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
Non nonsense! LOL

Yeah..Israel CAN take care of itself, but due largely in part from the fact that we have for many years given them more money for their defenses than we have any other nation on the planet. (A policy I have always been in favor of, BTW).

Poor little Israel--surrounded on all sides by "wilde-eyed pistol wavers (and suicide bombers!) who ain't afaraind to die!"

(with due credit to Don Henley..LOL)

Peace.
So you admit that they can.take care of themselves, but that Americans should cough up 3 billion per year in arms for free?

Feel the same way about our welfare system?

I've got a good job... but I'd appreciate it if you'd give me about 500 bucks per month in food stamps. That Medicaid thingy sound good too. How bout it?

Unreal.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:18 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Here's WSJ/NBC poll that I think is more accurate:

Nearly Half of Voters Disapprove of GOP’s Netanyahu Invite - Washington Wire - WSJ

Poll: Nearly Half of Americans Take Issue With Netanyahu Speech - NBC News

Nearly half of American voters — 48 percent — say that congressional Republicans should not have invited Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address Congress on Tuesday without first notifying President Barack Obama, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

By contrast, 30 percent of those polled believe the invitation was fine, and another 22 percent don't know enough to say either way.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:22 PM

339 posts, read 334,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So you admit that they can.take care of themselves, but that Americans should cough up 3 billion per year in arms for free?

Feel the same way about our welfare system?

I've got a good job... but I'd appreciate it if you'd give me about 500 bucks per month in food stamps. That Medicaid thingy sound good too. How bout it?

Unreal.
As I said, they can take care of themselves "largely due to our help." (to paraphrase.)

Our welfare system? LOL--don't get me started, amigo.

I am what they call in political circles a fiscal conservative when it comes to that.

In fact I did a post a couple days ago on welfare that was scathing enough to get me criticized by more than one member.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Did you actually READ the poll?
They may not approve of the way that Netanyahu was invited to speak to Congress, but they definitely want to hear what he says. Info from exactly the same poll, but without the Leftist Haaretz spin.

\
No they arent.

the OP's poll is from CNN/ORC

the poll you quoted is from McLaughlin & Associates

either you lied or you outright didnt read one of the articles and simply assumed. Either way, you showed your true colors by posting that falsehood.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:25 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
As I said, they can take care of themselves "largely due to our help." (to paraphrase.)

Our welfare system? LOL--don't get me started, amigo.

I am what they call in political circles a fiscal conservative when it comes to that.

In fact I did a post a couple days ago on welfare that was scathing enough to get me criticized by more than one member.
So don't you think we should cut off welfare to FOREIGNERS before AMERICANS?

$3 Billion is $3 Billion and that doesn't even factor in the TRILLIONS we have spent in the Middle East the past decade.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:26 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
You expect me to believe it's an outrage for a foreign leader to address congress to protest a federal issue but if he comes to congress to protest a state issue then he deserves a standing ovation? Seriously? That's really the position you're taking?

Also, the state law of Arizona was a copy of the federal law. That's another little tidbit of info that posturing liberal hypocrites like to sweep under the rug. All the Arizona law did was duplicate existing federal law so that state law enforcement could prosecute it. All that stuff that liberals shrieked about being racist and profiling and subject to abuse was already existing accepted federal law that those very same liberals never protested before.

And the President of Mexico came to OUR capitol building to call out OUR state of Arizona on its attempts to enforce existing federal law at the state level.
Oh put a sock in this regurgitated, neocon puke!

Federal Law doesnt REQUIRE law enforcement to determine the legal status of everyone they stop, according to their whim. Arizna does.

That. Is. Wrong.

Get. Over. It.

Quote:
No, it isn't apples and oranges. What's stupidity here is your pathetic attempt to justify your grandstanding based on it somehow being okay to criticize Arizona but not okay to criticize Obama. Because other than that, it is exactly the same situation. A foreign leader making a speech to congress on American policies.
Nope. Netanyahu is coming to specifically criticize the President's stance on Iran. How dare John Boehner invite him to the Capitol to do that.

Apples and Oranges and you have a lot of NERVE to liken these 2 speeches, but Im not surprised because this is your modus operandi.

Quote:
I have no doubt that you are appalled. You're also a complete hypocrite.
In this case, clearly, it takes one to know one.

Quote:
Oh, hogwash. It was Obama who declared that "elections have consequences". It was the Democrats who refused to let over 300 bills even come to a vote. It was the Democrats who changed the Senate rules so that Obama appointees to the courts could be put through without debate. It was the Democrats who did Obamacare behind closed doors and refused to let Republicans even read the bill before the vote. This is just more of your hypocritical garbage.
Yes, 300 partsan bills that might as well have been written on toilet paper.

Thank God the senate was there to block them.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
So don't you think we should cut off welfare to FOREIGNERS before AMERICANS?

$3 Billion is $3 Billion and that doesn't even factor in the TRILLIONS we have spent in the Middle East the past decade.
Clearly, that poster whiffed on what my point was.

Thanks for explaining it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies