Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM

920 posts, read 630,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
No, I would infer that the restaurant likes to sell food to paying customers.
Sure you would. You would never boycott a company or personality associated with a cause you found offensive, because your inference is that the company or personality was only in it for the money and that they didn't support or at least didn't oppose the mission of the cause. Mmmm Hmmm.

So your inference of Chick-fil-a catering a Pro-Marriage rally would only be that CFA didn't support the event, they just want money.

Forgive my skepticism at your honesty.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
I just want to know if she'd sell me flowers for my working on the sabbath party.
Then call the flower shop and ask.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:31 PM

506 posts, read 424,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Ad hominem attacks reflect more on you than those you call names.
Thank you very much for your post.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:32 PM

506 posts, read 424,344 times
Quote:
Then call the flower shop and ask.
Is the flower shop still open?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I don't believe her objection was to their homosexuality, but rather to their marriage. To the florist marriage is a sacrament. That may not mean a lot to those who are not religiously oriented, but it is a very big deal to those who it is.

People can speculate as to what the florist would or would not do in any other situation so here is mine. If a 35 year old man came in and asked for help in finding just the right bouquet for his mistress or 14 year old girlfriend, my guess is the florist would not sell to him in the first and call the police in the second.

Racist comments are never welcome.

You seem to have little to no understanding of Christian theology.

Hunh.... you didn't to intend to create any ill will, but then go one to call her a moron, says she hates gay people.

Where is your evidence that she hates gay people? Does not wanting to participate in a gay wedding make you hateful? Does thinking homosexuality is a sin make you hateful?

Why does lefties always go the most extreme circumstances they can? If you don't agree with me you are hateful (or racist or sexist or homophobic or fill-in your favorite epithet). If you don't want to participate in a gay wedding then that means you want to stone people in the public square.

That you do not understand how incredibly offensive your words are is why we can not have civil dialogues in this country any more.

Well said! And thank you for restating the reason the florist declined service. I fell into the trap created by some posters to focus on the facts THEY established and not the real facts. You are right, her religious objection was to the event and her underlying belief of biblical marriage.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:33 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,607,574 times
Quote:
Sure you would. You would never boycott a company or personality associated with a cause you found offensive, because your inference is that the company or personality was only in it for the money and that they didn't support or at least didn't oppose the mission of the cause. Mmmm Hmmm.

So your inference of Chick-fil-a catering a Pro-Marriage rally would only be that CFA didn't support the event, they just want money.

Forgive my skepticism at your honesty.
I think I am the best judge of what I would do, thank you.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Is the flower shop still open?
Yes, thanks to community support and her defense fund, she continues to operate her 40 year old family business.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I think I am the best judge of what I would do, thank you.

Of course you are. It's obvious since you also believe you are the best judge of the florist as well. Must be hard judging the intentions of others based solely on your own moral code.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:37 PM

18,341 posts, read 18,953,457 times
Quote:
Of course you are. It's obvious since you also believe you are the best judge of the florist as well. Must be hard judging the intentions of others based solely on your own moral code.
what irony this is exactly what the flower gal is doing.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:42 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,607,574 times
Quote:
You know lori, conversing with you might be stimulating if you could go longer than 3 or 4 posts before becoming snide and insulting. It's unfortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies