Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 03:51 PM

26,954 posts, read 15,172,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
So, will the US invade Syria, put boots on the ground and spend 9 years to hunt him down like they did OBL?

When Obama leaves Office he will have all of that free time to take him out himself so he can be assured credit for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 03:54 PM

549 posts, read 455,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The purposeful ignorance here never ceases to amaze me. Leadership positions are often by educated people. The discussion about jobs is about the masses of people joining up because theres nothing for them.

Hitler....well educated....would have been NOTHING without people following him-and the horrible economy of Germany as he took control helped him immensely. But if we listen to people like many here we'd start executing software engineers.

Why is this such a difficult concept for people?
I don't find it difficult at all to understand why while there're hundreds of millions of people living in much deeper poverty than those in the ME, only muslims burn people for fun. It's their cult, stupid.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:55 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,030,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually....read here:

Timeline: Mohammed Emwazi's life

Sooo being Muslim cost him his job, his fiancee, and more. No wonder he is kinda pissed.
That's his side of the story only.

Maybe there was good reason he was being watched; look at him now.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:13 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
That's his side of the story only.

Maybe there was good reason he was being watched; look at him now.
Shrug. Maybe. I mean...maybe his fiancee left him over his love of goats. But I suspect his "side" as you call it-aka the side being discovered by reporters, and NOT told by him is relevant.

Kinda makes me think of "hey I know I made my neighbors life a living hell, but thats no reason for him to glare at me and hate me!"

That being said...shrug, he is guilty of war crimes, and hopefully he will eat a hellfire missile.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,173,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
Marie Harf was so right

‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi - The Washington Post

But his real name, according to friends and others familiar with his case, is Mohammed Emwazi, a Briton from a well-to-do family who grew up in West London and graduated from college with a degree in computer programming.

I wonder how many muslim students and graduates of American colleges are sleeper jihadists.
Well he graduated to hacking heads off.

Don't worry, karma is a tough thing to overcome.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:21 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,942,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICITIESTITAN View Post
These guys are typically well to do and well educated. Mohammed Atta, the 9/11 guy, was fairly well educated as well I think.
yeah right, sounds good anyway

Old 02-26-2015, 07:01 PM

10,506 posts, read 6,126,623 times
Quote:
So... are there any non-muslim middle or working class people who practice cutting heads after graduating from British universities?
Is this a serious question?
The point I'm making is that people are already drawing conclusions based on the statement that the guy came from a 'well to do' family. That may or may not be accurate or even have any relevance. Better to wait until verified information is presented. Many Americans do have a habit of hearing 'London' and making assumptions about people's wealth. I'm not making any judgement myself one way or another, FWIW I'm from a lower working class upbringing myself.
I'm just saying we don't have enough information yet.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:24 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,558,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Maybe we failed to address Jihadi John's "legitimate grievances."
I presently have legitimate grievances with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and also the Internal Revenue Service. So I guess I will band my head in black, grab a machete, and start cutting off heads at the insurance company and the IRS. This guy needs his head cut off, or otherwise killed, the sooner the better.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:29 PM

7,443 posts, read 6,986,993 times
Quote:
Marie Harf was so right

‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi - The Washington Post

But his real name, according to friends and others familiar with his case, is Mohammed Emwazi, a Briton from a well-to-do family who grew up in West London and graduated from college with a degree in computer programming.

I wonder how many muslim students and graduates of American colleges are sleeper jihadists.
Midnight basketball and more positive role models would have prevented his turning.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:35 PM

731 posts, read 1,576,365 times
Crutches,

An enough information for what? There are lots of Johnny Jihads out there, over there and down there. The name means nothing, the article was poorly done. I could get a job at the Post, if that is it takes to be a journalist for that paper. He must have have been on the terrorism-radar or they wouldn't have watched him so closely, seems someone was on his back all the time.

I had to stop and think for a minute. Is the article a ruse? Muslims often create news articles and websites to draw foreign empathy, and so I have said enough about Muslims today.
Sorry this Kindle changed the spelling of your name.

Last edited by tinynot; 02-26-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies