Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 11:26 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times

Advertisements

shorter anti-neutrality types: "you just don't get it"

Uh-huh. I think the biggest joke of all is that Comcast and their ilk claim this will stifle "innovation" -- right, "innovation" -- when the US already has among the slowest aggregate home network speeds in the developed world. Guess what, Comcast, you're already a monopoly. It's not like you had any incentive to innovative as it stands. There are still massive sections of the country without decent broadband and that's BEFORE net neutrality.

So stick it. The little guy won FOR ONCE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:29 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
The FCC should have one purpose, and one purpose only - to manage the radio frequency spectrum. That's it. It should be a part time job for one person, not an entire bureaucracy.

People want a good example of government bloat? The very existence of the FCC is demonstration enough.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times
You people that have such strong opinions on this, I ask you this. How did you get such strong support or otherwise for this. I honestly of no idea if its a good thing or not. Seems to me that if your a Dem you love it and if your a Rep you hate it. DO YOU PEOPLE EVER THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because net neutrality does the opposite of what you are suggesting? That makes no sense why any right winger would support letting companies control their internet speed and access to the internet.
What?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:31 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Good job, FCC !!

Old 02-26-2015, 11:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
So now the Internet will be like obamacare.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:34 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
i can't wait for the other shoe to drop. I guarantee that within a few years time, some of the very same people that have been championing this will be complaining about all the new taxes they have to pay, and they'll be asking why their service is slower and more expensive, and why does their voip cut out when they're streaming netflix, etc. No doubt they'll be blaming their isps. Idiots.
+1

Old 02-26-2015, 11:35 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The FCC should have one purpose, and one purpose only - to manage the radio frequency spectrum. That's it. It should be a part time job for one person, not an entire bureaucracy.

People want a good example of government bloat? The very existence of the FCC is demonstration enough.
The internet doesn't have anything to do with COMMUNICATING? How are we communicating with each other right here in this thread???????????

Do you even know what the acronym 'FCC' stands for?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:37 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
It's telling that one side has every single person who's even somewhat informed on the issue, including the guy who invented the web, while the other side has some companies that would like to extort money and a bunch of rabid anti-Obama nuts who hate anything he supports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I imagine the small print is going to **** many people off whether they are willing to admit it or not. There is a reason they refused to make all of this public before it was voted on.
They never make the rules public before voting. This is not unique to net neutrality. They should make the rules public beforehand, but can you guys please get a clue and stop pretending this somehow unique to net neutrality and constitutes evidence of some nefarious left-wing plot?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
You people that have such strong opinions on this, I ask you this. How did you get such strong support or otherwise for this. I honestly of no idea if its a good thing or not. Seems to me that if your a Dem you love it and if your a Rep you hate it. DO YOU PEOPLE EVER THINK FOR YOURSELF.
My opinion is based on an understanding of the underlying technologies and the fact that I almost NEVER welcome ANY new regulations on business. Every single new rule piled onto any business or industry creates an additional barrier to entry for new entrepreneurs. Another hurdle to jump. Eventually, there will be no new businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies