Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 10:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
In other words, you admit that you were lying when you claimed that you could be forced to join a union.

The only reason for right to work for less laws has nothing to do with workers not wanting to join unions and everything to do with bosses wanting to suppress unions and exploit workers.
This is true. Surely, most management in states without right to work looks forward to the day they don't have to consult a labor contract to see if they can instigate changes in worker policies.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:31 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Right to Work, no compulsory union membership, freedom.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:56 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Right to Work, Union Shops, and Union Dues | Nolo.com

This article is some good reading, it dives into the ways that many unions get their money whether it's legal or not. One way or the other, by force or not they're going to get their money or they'll get their revenge.
Your hatred of unions and union people which includes me seems irrational. I don't think you know many union people and I think you ignore the benefits and necessity of a union in many work places. I have non union counterparts in my same company in other states. They make $10 less per hour and do not have my pension or retirement options. So how is that good for America? The company can easily afford to pay them what we make but they don't. Right to work works against the working man and for the company.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Right to Work, no compulsory union membership, freedom.
No one is forced to be union anywhere. There are always non union options. In all 50 states. The good solid unions set the bar for pay and benefits and right to work undermines all.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:01 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Your hatred of unions and union people which includes me seems irrational. I don't think you know many union people and I think you ignore the benefits and necessity of a union in many work places. I have non union counterparts in my same company in other states. They make $10 less per hour and do not have my pension or retirement options. So how is that good for America? The company can easily afford to pay them what we make but they don't. Right to work works against the working man and for the company.
It works against Wall Street investors. A State that bust unions is a business friendly state. Those states that advocate unions is anti-business. Open the borders, bust unions, create burger flipping low paid jobs will teach those cattle how to behave, suck it up, lower the bar and compete with their working peers in China, Indian and any other chit hole 3rd world country.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
It works against Wall Street investors. A State that bust unions is a business friendly state. Those states that advocate unions is anti-business. Open the borders, bust unions, create burger flipping low paid jobs will teach those cattle how to behave, suck it up, lower the bar and compete with their working peers in China, Indian and any other chit hole 3rd world country.
The thing that really bothers me us how they are conditioning people to expect and accept less every day. Less pay, far worse benefits. The old timers in my company, guys who retired in the 80's have full health insurance until death. No copay, tiny little prescription copay. And no premium. These young people have no idea of the hits they've taken because of the daily assault on unions and working people in general.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:29 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
The thing that really bothers me us how they are conditioning people to expect and accept less every day. Less pay, far worse benefits. The old timers in my company, guys who retired in the 80's have full health insurance until death. No copay, tiny little prescription copay. And no premium. These young people have no idea of the hits they've taken because of the daily assault on unions and working people in general.
Exactly. It's a total and complete race to the bottom, and many average working class people cheer it on. Meanwhile the corporatists are laughing all the way to the bank at their expense.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:24 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Right to work takes away the ability of a group of employees to ask for better working conditions and earning's, including benefits.

The Group ALEX is about taking away the right of workers to have leverage in the work place. This bill will hurt the indiviual as there will be no threat to the Mgt. of a Company to pay at a proper level or to offer benefits.

Having dicerted a Union in 1989, yes there were benefit to that. At all times the ability to return to the union was one way that kept earnings and benefits improving. The Corp. was forced to keep earnings and benefits above what a union contract could attain. Today, with right to work, that is removed and gives Corp. an unfair advantage in the work place.
One thing I remind all, The non union members in the right to work states do not earn more or have different benefits then their co-workers. Without the ability to have a union you earn less and have less benefits (See NC)

Right to work for less with less benefits.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:25 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
I thought that leftists supported the right to choose. Apparently not.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Where do you think that money to pay for these benefits come from? Do you believe it is harvested from money trees down at the currency farm?

We live in a global market now and a financial system that places enormous value on stock prices.

Why don't these unions open their own businesses where hire only union workers and provide lifelong benefits that include everything they want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies