Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:28 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,330,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaar! Karma's a beetch ain't it? Using his office to castigate a program to then fall victim himself to the philosophy of "I'm-all-right-jack" is just too good to be believed, especially when the need for charity is factored into his situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Your apparent glee over his misfortune is disturbing.
That's just the real face of American liberalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 03:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,396,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That's just the real face of American liberalism.
What happened to the conservative mantra of "you're an adult and are responsible for your own screw-ups?" Never seen much sympathy from you folks before, especially if this had been some liberal blogger or something of the sort.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:07 PM

998 posts, read 661,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What happened to the conservative mantra of "you're an adult and are responsible for your own screw-ups?" Never seen much sympathy from you folks before, especially if this had been some liberal blogger or something of the sort.
I'd agree that anyone who decides they don't need health insurance is making a very dumb decision, especially he and his wife, given their age.

Dumb? Yes. But not something I take glee in. But I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly when you say that conservatives don't give sympathy to liberals when they find themselves in dire straits financially? I feel bad for anyone who struggles to make ends meet, but only if they're trying to fix the problem on their own.

A person who wakes up at noon and sits at home all day coming up with excuses as to why they can't work anymore because of their unique emotional needs or because of "the economy" doesn't get much sympathy from me. Especially if they have children who rely on them. Do I feel glee over their situation? Hell no. But I don't particularly feel sorry for them either.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:16 PM

14,460 posts, read 11,213,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
I just needed to know that you are a hypocrite. What else do I need to add to this discussion?
Anyone who uses the word "Murica" has an inherent dislike for this country. Take that for what it's worth.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:22 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,446,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
I just needed to know that you are a hypocrite. What else do I need to add to this discussion?
You haven't added anything to this discussion.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:24 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,446,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Anyone who uses the word "Murica" has an inherent dislike for this country. Take that for what it's worth.
Nope. Just an inherent dislike for certain 'Murican idiots.

Take that as fact.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:38 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,505,020 times
Once again, the cd obaggers reveal their true nature. Useful idiots.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:14 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,020,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Wait a minute. Are you calling every citizen of USA a turd-stain? Because we all are subsidized in some way or another. I would not agree.

As I already stated, I think there are plenty of people milking the system, not working and collecting subsidies. Only a very (!) small fraction are in a situation where they really can't work. Excepting those few, anyone who is not working and collecting welfare is a turd-stain.

OTOH: Someone who is working hard at one or more full-tme jobs, and still can't make ends meet, they are not a turd-stain.

In a society, even the lower-valued jobs are necessary. If we aren't willing to pay a living wage for them, then they are probably going to have to be subsidized. I don't see how that makes the guy doing that job a turd-stain. Maybe the person not paying him enough, while they drive their Bentley home to their gated community on subsidized profits. Now THAT is a turd-stain...

I didn't say they were I was clarifying what the other guy was saying. He called this guy a turd stain for taking public money. Then everyone else who does is a turd stain. Its not really my spot to call the guy who works 3 full time jobs a turd stain. He would be deserving of help if somehow he is broke after working 120 hours a week. But the true leeches don't have a right to anything but the situations they created for themselves.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:18 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,020,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Nope. Just an inherent dislike for certain 'Murican idiots.

Take that as fact.

Idiots who think the world owes them everything or idiots who work for everything they've got? which group do you hate?

Old 02-27-2015, 05:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,130,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Former Sheriff Richard Mack is part of the "constitutional sheriff" movement and opposes Obamacare. He didn't sign up through the ACA website and has no insurance. He makes the absurd claim that "because they [he and wife] are self-employed, they have no medical insurance". In January 2015 he had a heart attack and last November his wife was hospitalized with serious medical issues. A GoFundMe account was launched and in 26 days has raised $17,033 for his medical bills.

Sheriff Richard Mack
GoFundMe - Sheriff’s Life on the Line
Uninsured Ex-Sheriff Who Fought O-care Struggles To Pay Medical Bills
And if he was allowed to keep the plan he liked he wouldn't have this problem but thanks to the idiot he now has a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies