Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:56 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,801,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
what gets me about these that claim lies from fox new, well three thing.

1) john stewart is a comedy show, they do comedy
2) when you spell it faux snooze, its proving that yourself are a dumb***
3) you can't tell the different from a news show and a commentary show

If you actual came up with lies from the actual news show on fox news, then hell yea, I'm right there with you. but you making it sound like news coming from the Gilligan island show.
Actually, Gillian Island is a close approximation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 10:59 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,413,052 times
Fox News has only one news show that I know of: "Special Report with Brett Baer" (3 pm West Coast, 6 pm East Coast). So if liberals want to attack Fox News for accuracy, they should look for errors on Special Report.

The rest of Fox News is commentary that leans conservative.

I don't know why libs get in such a huff about the one and only televised media outlet that leans conservative.

I guess they still haven't got used to not completely dominating television. They're like a spoiled only child who can't deal with a new sibling.

Now, it couldn't possibly be that Fox is a real threat to them, could it? I mean, how could that possibly be when they always tell the truth and are fair and balanced?

One thing I have noticed: MSNBC, the liberal-left counterpart to Fox, has a lot fewer conservatives than Fox has liberals.
So there is some truth to Fox's fair and balanced claim.

It is also true that the liberal media simply ignore stories that make Obama and the Democrats look bad.

Now for a couple of liberal lies: CBS's Dan Rather using forged documents to discredit President Bush. MSNBC editing the Zimmerman tape to make him appear racist....

Old 03-01-2015, 11:48 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,164,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Actually, Gillian Island is a close approximation.

I would equate msnbc to be more like fantasy island.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 AM

29,462 posts, read 16,420,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Now, it couldn't possibly be that Fox is a real threat to them, could it? I mean, how could that possibly be when they always tell the truth and are fair and balanced?

One thing I have noticed: MSNBC, the liberal-left counterpart to Fox, has a lot fewer conservatives than Fox has liberals.
So there is some truth to Fox's fair and balanced claim.

It is also true that the liberal media simply ignore stories that make Obama and the Democrats look bad.

Now for a couple of liberal lies: CBS's Dan Rather using forged documents to discredit President Bush. MSNBC editing the Zimmerman tape to make him appear racist....
The bold is like arguing that you arent a murder simply because someone else killed 3 more people than you did. That being said it isnt even true.

Fox News has a total of 2 Democrats as hosts, the same number as MSNBC has of Republicans. Both hire plenty of commentators to come on the air. There is no way you know how many commentators are on either channel because there is no way you can watch both for their entire 16 hours of live broadcasts.

Neither CBS or NBC( that is who edited the tape, not MSNBC) are liberal. Rather was following a story where multiple military personnel lied to him. He should have vetted his story but to argue the way you did is false. Same with NBC because their edit didnt change what Zimmerman said Martin looked to be up to no good.

Last edited by dsjj251; 03-02-2015 at 12:37 AM..

Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,546,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Things that bother the lefties.
Month of February. Fox news was not only #1 news on cable, they were #1 on cable beating #2 USA and #3 ESPN
Fox evening prime time viewers 3.1 million, 705,00 in the 25-54 age group
MSNBC evening prime time viewers 907,000, 129,000 in the 25-54 age group
MSM didn't think it was news worthy with the reports of millions of dollars of foreign money going to the Bill And Hill slush fund.
Are these fox numbers really good?

ABC 8 million viewers
CBS 6 million viewers
NBC 8.5 million viewers.

Why all the hoopla over Fox when they have less than half the numbers of the prime networks? I don't get it.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:10 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,558,339 times
The fact that the Daily Show is somehow seen as the arbiter of truth explains a lot in this country.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:47 PM

24,490 posts, read 33,209,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Kinda like Fox. Ya know- Bill O'Reilly isn't really a news guy, he's an entertainer. All the criticism he is getting recently is unwarranted because he's not paid to to report, he's paid to entertain.
He is a commentator. Commenting mostly on current events.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 PM

24,490 posts, read 33,209,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Are these fox numbers really good?

ABC 8 million viewers
CBS 6 million viewers
NBC 8.5 million viewers.

Why all the hoopla over Fox when they have less than half the numbers of the prime networks? I don't get it.
Compare the Fox numbers with CNN and MSNBC and get back to me.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:24 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,423,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Actually the video itself is a lie, because the quotes are going by so fast that you can't read them to tell whether they are really lies or not.

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I want that 6 seconds back. Actually for me it was more like 3-4, because once I realized that I couldn't read the captions, I closed the window.
you didn't see the part where it says tap the screen to pause for the lies?

Old 03-02-2015, 04:43 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,313,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
you didn't see the part where it says tap the screen to pause for the lies?
No I didn't. When I saw the frames going by way too quickly to read, I thought to myself, 'this is dumb,' and closed the window. If you have to tap a screen 50 times isn't that going to take more than 6 seconds, thus negating the claim?

It reminds me of when I went to the state fair with my cousin at around age 12 or 13. There was a big mural of a voluptuous, scantily clad woman with some big pythons, cobras, etc. 'Zelda the snake woman' or some such thing. She looked super hot, so me and my cousin paid our dollar, got in line, and proceed into a tent.

There was a young anorexic-looking (and not very pretty) girl not much older than us in a bathing suit sitting in a chair behind a fence, with several garter snakes lying on the floor next to her. We laughed and got out of there as quickly as possible. Daily Show--political equivalent of a carnival scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies