Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 06:39 AM

93 posts, read 77,608 times

Advertisements

It's ironic to me when conservatives complain about "government controlled sex." I keep wishing republicans would leave my uterus alone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 08:06 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbeater Bliss View Post
It's ironic to me when conservatives complain about "government controlled sex." I keep wishing republicans would leave my uterus alone!
I want nothing to do with your uterus.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:09 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
And we can dig deeper. Why is there still so much sexual predation? Haven't we progressed as a society over the last three hundred and fifty years such that such conduct would be on a sharper decline? What is it within our society that perpetuates the attitudes underlying such conduct so as to slow and perhaps in some cases reverse the progress made? We don't have to look far to find the sources: The localized pockets of dogged insistence by the strong for rationalizing callous regard for the weak, for exploiting unjust power dynamics. A deliberate brutality-based antipathy that pervades their demeanor and manner. Some people claim violent television or video games are the source. I think that's nonsense, inane scapegoating. While there may be some evidence that such inputs amplify callous tendencies, it is clear that they have to build on a foundation of above average base brutality. People learn from those around them. Being brought up by those who practice and reward callousness, and surrounding one's self with people who practice and defend callousness, are more likely the instigators of the problems we face in this regard.
And you think laws and regulations defining drunk sex are going to change that?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:10 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Were you one of the Dem's harping about health care not paying for your birth control? I keep wishing I could leave your uterus alone...just quit asking me to pay for it!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:35 AM

18,457 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
This Conservative could not possibly care less about your uterus.

Now, if I could just get you Dem's to feel the same way about my wallet.....

Old 03-08-2015, 10:40 AM

106 posts, read 74,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Your claim here is invalid.

I made valid point. You don't like that and especially that in my comments I tied your comments to defense for reprehensible conduct. Get over it. If you don't want it to happen, then don't defend reprehensible conduct.
This is literally going nowhere. You are the one saying my comments are defense for reprehensible conduct (whatever that means in your mind). According to you, irresponsible behavior and criminal behavior are exactly the same. My issue with the regulations is that it opens up a venue for abuse. Perhaps you should read up on abuse of the college judiciary system in regards to sexual assault. I simply don't think puritanism is the way to go in combating rape and sexual assault.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:44 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erobrer View Post
This is literally going nowhere.
Yet you saw fit to add yet another pointless and vacuous bit of nonsense to the pile of your earlier pile of nonsense.

Quote:
According to you, irresponsible behavior and criminal behavior are exactly the same.
And now you're just making stuff up to argue against, stuff no one ever said. Can you attempt any more obvious deflection?

Quote:
My issue with the regulations is that it opens up a venue for abuse.
Less so than the abuse that it seeks to address.

Quote:
I simply don't think puritanism is the way to go in combating rape and sexual assault.
Neither do I, but it wouldn't occur to you to actually direct your responses to what I wrote to what I actually wrote, now, would it?

Old 03-08-2015, 03:03 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
In California it passed as a law. This is just more intrusion. Are people going to video record themselves taking a breathalyer and drug test in the middle of a party and saying out loud I consent to sexual intercourse with Jon P Doe.

California adopts 'yes means yes' law

okay, red herring much.

California law doesn't make "it" law. California law requires affirmative "yes" by both parties

you do know . .that is very different than the cut and paste job in this OP article

Old 03-08-2015, 03:10 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
This Conservative could not possibly care less about your uterus.

Now, if I could just get you Dem's to feel the same way about my wallet.....
if they didn't care, why do they want full control over what happens in it?

Old 03-08-2015, 03:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
okay, red herring much.

California law doesn't make "it" law. California law requires affirmative "yes" by both parties

you do know . .that is very different than the cut and paste job in this OP article
This says, even if you both agree if there is drinking involved it's sexual assault"

"Sex that occurs while a partner is intoxicated or high is not consensual… it is sexual assault."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies