Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:12 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times

Advertisements

The government has tried to control sex for hundreds if not thousands of years. No sex between people of different ethnicities, no sex between people of the same gender, no oral sex, no sex toys, no sex with people under a certain age, no sex with relatives, etc., etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 08:13 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
True, mostly. CA is passing a law that tells colleges how they must define consensual sex.
Which is of course something the government can not do in a sane rational manner. Not that it would stop them. And some still wonder why so many have such a negative viewpoint on the government.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 AM

106 posts, read 74,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Except the previous partisan perspectives expressed by those standing in opposition, and the fact that they expressed their opposition in explicitly right-wing terms: "Government controlled".

Stop blinding yourself to the political nature of the thread established within the first two words of the thread subject.
"Government controlled" doesn't mean left or right wing. you are finding partisanship where there is none.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:28 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
So could this be used as a defense against DUI? If a person can't consent, how can they be held accountable for getting behind the wheel if they couldn't make the decision?
Exactly what I was thinking.
How is it that being intoxicated can completely abdicate responsibility for the decision making process for one action but not the other?

And before anyone answers, I'm not talking about a sober man taking advantage of a "blind drunk" woman as some of you are painting the senerio, I'm talking about the way the college and the state of California are describing it, that any degree of intoxication by either or both parties automatically voids the possibility of consent.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:21 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
"Maybe some"??

GOP legislation clearly shows what GOP priorities are: upward wealth redistribution
That's exactly what Obama is doing. His war on coal and other initiatives enrich his wealthy buddies at the expense of the working class.

Quote:
and legislating 'morality'.

You and I more or less agree on the topic of this thread.
I'm not a Republican.

Quote:
But I still think it's ludicrous for a Republican to complain about government interference into sex. That's what the GOP DOES. It's their stock and trade!
Actually, both Dems and Reps interfere with our sex lives. It's their stock and trade. I don't know one Dem who wants to eliminate laws telling me who I can have sex with.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.
How is it that being intoxicated can completely abdicate responsibility for the decision making process for one action but not the other?

And before anyone answers, I'm not talking about a sober man taking advantage of a "blind drunk" woman as some of you are painting the senerio, I'm talking about the way the college and the state of California are describing it, that any degree of intoxication by either or both parties automatically voids the possibility of consent.
Big Government people don't care. They just want the government to control other people's lives.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erobrer View Post
"Government controlled" doesn't mean left or right wing.
Stop being obtuse. When used as a pejorative, as in this case, it is distinctly right-wing. Get a grip.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erobrer View Post
"Government controlled" doesn't mean left or right wing. you are finding partisanship where there is none.
bUU is incapable of non partisan thought.

If you removed all the "blame the right wing for all the ills of society" cells in his brain, he'd fall over in a slump like a robot that had his battery pulled.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:33 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
bUU is incapable of non partisan thought.
I suppose my mother wore Army boots too?

Are you people in kindergarten? Grow up and stop with the childish nonsense.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I suppose my mother wore Army boots too?

Are you people in kindergarten? Grow up and stop with the childish nonsense.
Prove me wrong and I shall apologize.

Every single post I have seen from you in this forum is made from a far left wing perspective that accuses conservative minded people of having no morals or sense of duty to their fellow man, which is absolute partisan nonsense.

When you preach from atop a high horse, don't act so surprised when you get dung flung at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies