U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,546 posts, read 16,499,308 times
Reputation: 8087

Advertisements

Those pesky progressives now want to tell us when we can have sex. Drunk sex is now rape. The idiots running our colleges and our entire country think they can pass laws to change how we have sex. Sex must be honest and creative? Yes, Big Government is alive and well and seeks to control how and when we have sex. That's because Big Government knows better than we do when we should have sex.
--------------------------------
Numerous colleges now insist that it isn't possible to consent to sex if you're three sheets to the wind, which means that all sexual acts carried out under the influence are potential crimes. The University of Georgia warns students that sexual consent must be "voluntary, sober, imaginative, enthusiastic, creative, wanted, informed, mutual, honest." There are many problematic words in that—"imaginative"? Can't we consent to sex unimaginatively, maybe by saying "Oh, go on then"?—but the most problematic is "sober." Apparently sex must always be booze-free.

The cultivation of the new crime of "sex without consent" completes the state's intervention into private life. It effectively makes the authorities into the arbiters of sex itself, the judges of when sex is okay and when it isn't, of whether a particular drunken romp is acceptable or rape. Don't drink and fook, or the state will fook you—with or without your consent.

In Defense of Drunk Sex - Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:52 PM
 
1,023 posts, read 506,802 times
Reputation: 1121
It's just another way to allow people to have no personal responsibility. You can now have sex with 5 guys then regret it in the morning and automatically claim rape. Imagine if a guy realized he had sex with a disgusting woman and tried to claim rape because he was inebriated he would be laughed out of the police station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
11,861 posts, read 15,517,649 times
Reputation: 12163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Those pesky progressives now want to tell us when we can have sex. Drunk sex is now rape. The idiots running our colleges and our entire country think they can pass laws to change how we have sex. Sex must be honest and creative? Yes, Big Government is alive and well and seeks to control how and when we have sex. That's because Big Government knows better than we do when we should have sex.
--------------------------------
Numerous colleges now insist that it isn't possible to consent to sex if you're three sheets to the wind, which means that all sexual acts carried out under the influence are potential crimes. The University of Georgia warns students that sexual consent must be "voluntary, sober, imaginative, enthusiastic, creative, wanted, informed, mutual, honest." There are many problematic words in that—"imaginative"? Can't we consent to sex unimaginatively, maybe by saying "Oh, go on then"?—but the most problematic is "sober." Apparently sex must always be booze-free.

The cultivation of the new crime of "sex without consent" completes the state's intervention into private life. It effectively makes the authorities into the arbiters of sex itself, the judges of when sex is okay and when it isn't, of whether a particular drunken romp is acceptable or rape. Don't drink and fook, or the state will fook you—with or without your consent.

In Defense of Drunk Sex - Reason.com
Umm from the article you linked-

Quote:
The University of Wyoming takes this authoritarian downer on drunk sex to its logical conclusion by warning students: "Sex that occurs while a partner is intoxicated or high is not consensual… it is sexual assault." If this stipulation were enforced retroactively, pretty much every person I went to university with could be arrested for rape. Everyone had a blind-drunk bang at some point, because it was fun.
Umm.. err... hmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:59 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,334,237 times
Reputation: 2049
The first paragraph is funny.

Is it acceptable to have drunk sex? Most people who aren't citizens of the Islamic State or followers of some frigid Christian group will answer with an emphatic: "Hell, yeah." Not only is it acceptable, they'll think; it's good, one of life's great pleasures, a rare moment when you can ditch the pesky rational thinking required in everyday life and instead abandon yourself—mind, soul, and genitals—to a moment of dumb, beautiful joy.

I guess it depends how drunk you are, but someone who claims drunk sex is 'good,' is either an alcoholic or isn't getting any. Anyway, I don't agree with this one bit. Sad, because campus rape is a serious issue. Simple-minded policies like this are not productive.

This is about colleges, so I'm not sure why you included 'government' in the title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,546 posts, read 16,499,308 times
Reputation: 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Umm from the article you linked-



Umm.. err... hmmm...
What's your point? Blind drunk sex is a very common event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Southern California
15,087 posts, read 17,574,350 times
Reputation: 10299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
...sexual consent must be "voluntary, sober, imaginative, enthusiastic, creative, wanted, informed, mutual, honest." ...
In other words, the sex better be good!

[no more wet noodles]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 08:00 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,334,237 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What's your point? Blind drunk sex is a very common event.
Common? Yes. Fun? LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,546 posts, read 16,499,308 times
Reputation: 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I guess it depends how drunk you are, but someone who claims drunk sex is 'good,' is either an alcoholic or isn't getting any.
That is totally false. Getting drunk and being an alcoholic are very different situations. And I'm sure drunk people get lots of sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,334,237 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That is totally false. Getting drunk and being an alcoholic are very different situations. And I'm sure drunk people get lots of sex.
Not sure where you're going. I don't deny anything you wrote. I'm denying that drunk sex is 'good.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,585 posts, read 10,531,898 times
Reputation: 33709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Umm from the article you linked-



Umm.. err... hmmm...

It's generally a good idea to follow the "ums" and "ers" with a statement of the point you're making. Otherwise you end up sounding like a doddering old fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top