Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,396,349 times

Advertisements

Even as a person who usually leans liberal on most social issues, I don't buy her "it was convenient" story. What hogwash.

You want me to believe that it was easier for her to go to the trouble of setting up dedicated email servers in her house than to use the government email for her job? I'm surprised she didn't feel stupid telling us that.

A career politician like Clinton, especially one who is crafty and has presidential ambitions, could surely have predicted how shady this would look when it got public. So she must have perceived a damn good reason to do it...not "it was convenient." And I'm going to guess that damn good reason had to do with her own advantage, not the benefit of her job and service to the nation.

I don't know if she'll win or lose if she runs, but this is going to screw her and definitely just worsened her chances. Even if you can't trust politicians, the perception of relative degree of trust matters to people when they're in that voting booth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 06:56 PM

26,839 posts, read 15,071,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Even as a person who usually leans liberal on most social issues, I don't buy her "it was convenient" story. What hogwash.

You want me to believe that it was easier for her to go to the trouble of setting up dedicated email servers in her house than to use the government email for her job? I'm surprised she didn't feel stupid telling us that.

A career politician like Clinton, especially one who is crafty and has presidential ambitions, could surely have predicted how shady this would look when it got public. So she must have perceived a damn good reason to do it...not "it was convenient." And I'm going to guess that damn good reason had to do with her own advantage, not the benefit of her job and service to the nation.

I don't know if she'll win or lose if she runs, but this is going to screw her and definitely just worsened her chances. Even if you can't trust politicians, the perception of relative degree of trust matters to people when they're in that voting booth.

Just think how easier her life could have been if she had chosen honesty and being upfront.

We don't need yet another President like this at all.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:06 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,530,023 times
Anyone else have an issue with this potential linear political continuum:

Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, (Clinton)/(Bush)?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:13 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,588,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing you also believe her vote to give Bush authority to go to war with Iraq will be a positive as well.
Her vote for the Iraq war -- like everything else about her -- is old news. There are no unknowns with this lady. That's what makes her such a formidable candidate, and the Republicans know it. The usual cycle goes like this (doesn't matter if I'm talking about a Republican candidate or Democratic candidate here btw... the formula is the same).

Party A nominates candidate -- he/she looks great. Party B gets worried. General public and even some Party B members like candidate so much they strongly consider voting for him or her

Party B digs up some dirt and publicizes it -- you thought Party A candidate was so great? Well did you hear about (insert faux scandal here)???

Numbers for Party A's candidate goes down.

This isn't going to work for Clinton. I was wondering what dirt the Republicans could possibly dig up on her that hasn't already been rehashed ad naseum. And now comes revelations about her email. This just isn't going to stick. We're in the first week of "email-gate" so this seems like ... oh, the woman you thought you knew so well???? Well did you know this????

At the end of the day, this does little to alter her overall image. Those who were going to vote for her are still going to vote for her. Those who weren't, aren't -- and I just don't see this getting much traction with the swing voters who will decide this election.

I could be wrong of course, but I'd put good money on my prediction.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:14 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,588,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Anyone else have an issue with this potential linear political continuum:

Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, (Clinton)/(Bush)?
Yes. I don't like it, but it is what it is. I think Clinton is our strongest candidate and Bush is the GOP's strongest candidate, so I see both getting the nomination and one of them being the next president.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:37 PM

2,649 posts, read 1,831,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
she is covering up for Benghazi and how she screwed up and other things in her emails and private server.
Benghazi. The truth is in her e-mails. Wonder if she is going to use her famous line, "what does it matter, now?"

We need someone with backbone, to stand up to challenges that face our world. Sure, I would love to see a woman as president; but not this particular gal. What would she do in another crisis (like Benghazi) that would demand critical thinking on her part? Cry and run the opposite way?

Last edited by mollygee; 03-11-2015 at 10:46 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 01:16 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,716,666 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw
For four years nobody questioned her use of a personal email accoumt.
Who cares if she did use it!!!!!!

THE CLINTONS WERE G00D PEOPLE WHILE IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!

Old 03-12-2015, 05:07 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,862,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I am so glad I don't have a government job.

Your telling me, that because she holds a government office that that she does in her home, is pivy to a government oversight? Without a warrant, without just cause, they can come in and say, okay now, hand it all over?

I don't care if she was selling bandwidth out of her home. It is her home.

She did not have sex with Bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Her vote for the Iraq war -- like everything else about her -- is old news. There are no unknowns with this lady. That's what makes her such a formidable candidate, and the Republicans know it. The usual cycle goes like this (doesn't matter if I'm talking about a Republican candidate or Democratic candidate here btw... the formula is the same).

Party A nominates candidate -- he/she looks great. Party B gets worried. General public and even some Party B members like candidate so much they strongly consider voting for him or her

Party B digs up some dirt and publicizes it -- you thought Party A candidate was so great? Well did you hear about (insert faux scandal here)???

This isn't going to work for Clinton. I was wondering what dirt the Republicans could possibly dig up on her that hasn't already been rehashed ad naseum. And now comes revelations about her email. This just isn't going to stick. We're in the first week of "email-gate" so this seems like ... oh, the woman you thought you knew so well???? Well did you know this????

At the end of the day, this does little to alter her overall image. Those who were going to vote for her are still going to vote for her. Those who weren't, aren't -- and I just don't see this getting much traction with the swing voters who will decide this election.

I might take your bet.

I think it is the democrats who are after her, not the republicans (although they get their shots in when they can).

Think about it---she looked better on paper six years ago and yet she was ousted from her chance to reign by an unknown Chicago junior senator, and the entire media shifted in his direction.

Some people don't want her as the candidate-maybe all the foreign donations, charity money lost, all the scandals in the Clinton administration, Benghazi, constant lying, or pretending she had to keep her public and private emails together so she could choose which 30,000 to delete, etc.

Who knows?

Old 03-12-2015, 06:29 AM

15,579 posts, read 10,296,771 times
The Associated Press filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against the State Department to force the release of email correspondence and government documents from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state. It's about time the press finally grew some balls.

As to her hypocrisy. The NYTimes wrote:

"In 2007, Mrs. Clinton, then a senator from New York and candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, accused the George W. Bush administration of using “secret White House email accounts” along with secret wiretaps and military tribunals.

“You know, our Constitution is being shredded,” she said at the time."

NYTimes, "Hillary Clinton Tries to Quell Controversy Over Private Email"
By AMY CHOZICK and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDTMARCH 10, 2015

I think the dame is toast.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:41 AM

46,192 posts, read 26,873,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

So she has lied, told you about it and you are good with it....dirt...what dirt...you know everything...

Well hell then, why have an election, just put her in the WH....right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies