Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:30 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not now. But 4 years ago, there wasn't nearly as much serious email hacking going on, and there was no official government email servers set up. No official government accounts, either, for anyone in government.
This is patently false.

Quote:
Senators and Representatives, Agency and Department Chiefs, Administration, no one. Nobody had an official server and account that restricted email use to only governmental matters.
This is patently false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

Well, you clearly didn't go to law school, that much is clear.

44 USC 31 is the authority under witch 36 CFR is enacted.

If you can show me which subsection of 44 USC 31 has been violated, I'd like to see that.

36 CFR 1234 pertains specifically to record-keeping facilities, both at NARA and at each executive department. I'm not sure why you brought that one up, since nobody has claimed that State's record-keeping facilities are somehow lacking.

36 CFR 1228 Defines the authority of records disposition authorities. How exactly does Clinton violate this?

36 CFR 1222 Defines what constitute federal records and mandates that they be preserved. Again, not exactly sure how Clinton is in violation of this. She was required to keep her emails, she did. She was asked to turn them over for archiving purposes, she did.

36 CFR 1220 Defines federal records and NARA's role in preserving said records, including the setting of standards for defining, setting standards, and preserving record-keeping. Not sure why you even included this one.

Any other law you'd like to throw up there? Feel free.
I'm sorry, I'm not doing your homework for you. She and her staff violated by not complying with various U.S.C and regulations governing electronic communications. I've provided a rather small list of CFR that if you were to understand them, you'd see how they violated them. What it seems like is you've read the title and that's it.

BTW:

Quote:
§ 3105. Safeguards

The head of each Federal agency shall establish safeguards against the removal or loss of records the head of such agency determines to be necessary and required by regulations of the Archivist. Safeguards shall include making it known to officials and employees of the agency--

(1) that records in the custody of the agency are not to be alienated or destroyed except in accordance with sections 3301-3314 of this title, and

(2) the penalties provided by law for the unlawful removal or destruction of records.
Quote:
§ 3106. Unlawful removal, destruction of records

(a) FEDERAL AGENCY NOTIFICATION.—The head of each Federal agency shall notify the Archivist of any actual, impending, or threatened unlawful removal, defacing, alteration, corruption, deletion, erasure, or other destruction of records in the custody of the agency, and with the assistance of the Archivist shall initiate action through the Attorney General for the recovery of records the head of the Federal agency knows or has reason to believe have been unlawfully removed from that agency, or from another Federal agency whose records have been transferred to the legal custody of that Federal agency.

(b) ARCHIVIST NOTIFICATION.—In any case in which the head of the Federal agency does not initiate an action for such recovery or other redress within a reasonable period of time after being notified of any such unlawful action described in subsection (a), or is participating in, or believed to be participating in any such unlawful action, the Archivist shall request the Attorney General to initiate such an action, and shall notify the Congress when such a request has been made.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:40 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not doing your homework for you. She and her staff violated by not complying with various U.S.C and regulations governing electronic communications. I've provided a rather small list of CFR that if you were to understand them, you'd see how you violated them.
lol

On the contrary, I'm not doing your homework for you. I have each subsection on my computer in another tab as I type this. If you want, we can over them point by point. I'll be more than happy to demonstrate how legalspeak illiterate you are. But the fact is, you found some fancy stuff you think "proves" your case, knowing full well most of the right wingers here definitely won't do the homework but not accounting for me actually calling you out on it. And this response of yours is nothing but pure bravado. I did the homework, it's you that needs to do some.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:42 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,979 times
Quote:
BTW:

§ 3105. Safeguards

The head of each Federal agency shall establish safeguards against the removal or loss of records the head of such agency determines to be necessary and required by regulations of the Archivist. Safeguards shall include making it known to officials and employees of the agency--

(1) that records in the custody of the agency are not to be alienated or destroyed except in accordance with sections 3301-3314 of this title, and

(2) the penalties provided by law for the unlawful removal or destruction of records.

No records were removed or destroyed. So this does not apply in any way.

If you don't speak law, don't try to fake it, you're making yourself look stupid here.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Hillary not using a government issued email isn't really a big issue to me.

Exactly, I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over this, there are MUCH bigger things to get upset about.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
No records were removed or destroyed. So this does not apply in any way.
Are you telling me Clinton did not delete a single email? If you do not understand the government electric communication policy/law, its best you stop because you are embarrassing yourself. I operated under these regulations from 1998-2006 as an intelligence analyst that routinely communicated with state department people that fell under the same law I did.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not now. But 4 years ago, there wasn't nearly as much serious email hacking going on, and there was no official government email servers set up. No official government accounts, either, for anyone in government.

Senators and Representatives, Agency and Department Chiefs, Administration, no one. Nobody had an official server and account that restricted email use to only governmental matters.
Uhm... I had an internship in a federal agency 5 years ago. Even I, a lowly intern, had a government e-mail address that was restricted to government business use. My sister and brother-in-law worked for the federal government starting in 1991 and had government e-mail addresses their entire careers spanning 16 (her) and 22 (him) years. So whatever trouble Hillary may or may not be in for using only a personal e-mail address, I can state that the above categorical claim is false.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Don't worry guys, NSA should have copies of her emails.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Don't worry guys, NSA should have copies of her emails.
Its illegal to spy on a US citizen with out a warrant or prior consent, since it was a personal account she gets the protection of unlawful search and seizure in respect t the NSA. So, even if they did, any information they have is not valid, at least legally.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Its illegal to spy on a US citizen with out a warrant or prior consent, since it was a personal account she gets the protection of unlawful search and seizure in respect t the NSA. So, even if they did, any information they have is not valid, at least legally.
Did you miss the government spying scandal of the last couple of years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies