Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 07:22 PM

1,199 posts, read 731,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, you have to eat right, make right decisions on your path forward in HEALTH...

That is comforting for the millions of people who are diagnosed with cancer or other health conditions that they get even though they lead healthy lives. Or the thousand born with serious health conditions that require constant treatment. Thousands of people each year get lung cancer even though they never smoked a day in their life. I had a tumor removed and went through radiation treatment even though I was exercising 5 days a weeks, eating healthy, not a smoker and no family history of cancer or tumors

Quote:
Nope, you lie...this is the type of lie that needs to be stopped....
I know of no ER that will operate on someones back if the condition isn't life threatening or no loss of limb is imminent. I also have never heard of neuro surgeons or orthopedic surgeons who operate for free outside of traumatic surgery inside a hospital.

Quote:
BTW a Laminectomy has ZERO to do with a bulging disk..

Nice try though...
I meant discectomy. It still doe not change the fact that what I posted is correct.

Nice try though on your attempt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 07:36 PM

77,020 posts, read 47,402,518 times
Quote:
Well, that's what happens when you don't get to review the bill prior to passing it....
They talked about nothing else for a year, so it's not like no one knew nothing about it.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:01 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,767,757 times
Seems to me liberals who defend the "affordable care act" are admitting the premiums and high deductibles on the exchanges are in fact NOT affordable. Correct or incorrect?

All I've seen from liberals and democrats congress the past 14-17 months is that these premiums are "lower than expected".

So compare these ACA premiums in 2014/2015. The pre ACA premiums for similar comprehensive health coverage for most people on the individual market in 2013 were signifcantly lower without the ACA.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:02 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,622,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You take pride in the misery of poor people?
You take pleasure of leeching? Grow up and be a man and pay for your own existence

Old 03-04-2015, 08:03 PM

26,917 posts, read 15,131,411 times
anefpt-
"Seems to me liberals who defend the "affordable care act" are admitting the premiums and high deductibles on the exchanges are in fact NOT affordable. Correct or incorrect?

All I've seen from liberals and democrats congress the past 14-17 months is that these premiums are "lower than expected".

So compare these ACA premiums in 2014/2015. The pre ACA premiums for similar comprehensive health coverage for most people on the individual market in 2013 were signifcantly lower without the ACA."

Yes indeed, for so many they were.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:04 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,622,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It seems pretty clear, based on the tenor of the questioning, that Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan will vote in favor of the government, and Scalia and Alito will most likely vote for the plaintiffs. Thomas will do whatever Scalia does, as usual (what a waste of a seat on the bench that man is).

The two unexpected turns today were Kennedy's line of questioning and the fact that Roberts was virtually silent throughout the nearly 90 minutes of arguments.

Of course, there's no way to know for sure what the court's final ruling will be, but the fact that conservative followers of the court are feeling they may have lost today has cheered me up considerably.
We should take a bet. I'll bet that the subsidy will stand. The Obama mafia is working on them now. I hope their tax filings are legit.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:11 PM

46,186 posts, read 26,919,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post

That is comforting for the millions of people who are diagnosed with cancer or other health conditions that they get even though they lead healthy lives. Or the thousand born with serious health conditions that require constant treatment. Thousands of people each year get lung cancer even though they never smoked a day in their life. I had a tumor removed and went through radiation treatment even though I was exercising 5 days a weeks, eating healthy, not a smoker and no family history of cancer or tumors
Why does the left always go to the worst?

So your own words are proving me correct...

Quote:
I know of no ER that will operate on someones back if the condition isn't life threatening or no loss of limb is imminent. I also have never heard of neuro surgeons or orthopedic surgeons who operate for free outside of traumatic surgery inside a hospital.
I don't know of any who would not, if a person was in so much pain, the pain YOU describer.

Quote:
I meant discectomy. It still doe not change the fact that what I posted is correct.

Nice try though on your attempt
No, you meant what you said, the problem was I know a little bit about this....

And that makes you mad that I called you on it...

Old 03-04-2015, 08:25 PM

26,917 posts, read 15,131,411 times
Why has Kagan not recused herself from this?

She argued this for the Administration before her appointment.

Oh yeah, that would have been ethical.

What a conflict with propriety.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:26 PM

22,619 posts, read 24,441,992 times
I get the VERY STRONG feeling that SCOTUS is not going to mess with the ACA. They will do what they did with the individual mandate........accommodate to keep ACA going.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:36 PM

1,199 posts, read 731,642 times
Quote:
Why does the left always go to the worst?

So your own words are proving me correct...

I don't know of any who would not, if a person was in so much pain, the pain YOU describer.

No, you meant what you said, the problem was I know a little bit about this....

And that makes you mad that I called you on it...
Just because you say the sky is pink does not make it so. You have proven nothing. You said "you have to eat right, make right decisions on your path forward in HEALTH...". What I stated is that many times it isn't enough to do what you stated and having health coverage does mean access to care not available in the ER.

In the situation I describe, all the ER would do is given massive pain killers to help reduce the symptoms and not treat the actual condition. No surgery would be done in the ER or hospital during that visit. I have a friend who has had to visit the ER when his back pain flares up due to his herniated discs. He has never had a ER doc call a surgeon and roll him into the surgical suite to do a discectomy. He just gets an rx for strong pain pills and they send him home.

Sorry but that is how EMTALA works, it stabilizes and treats conditions surgically ONLY when the loss of life/limb is imminent.

PS: Although discectomy is the general choice of surgical procedure for bulging discs, laminectomies may be needed to treat herniated discs

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proc...e/prc-20009521

"In some cases, laminectomy may be necessary as part of surgery to treat a herniated spinal disk."

Last edited by Stizzel; 03-04-2015 at 10:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies