Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
When has the gay community ever asked for "special treatment" or "special rights"?
using whatever restroom/locker room based on how they feel that day. Screaming discrimination any time something doesn't go their way.

Four firefighters sue San Diego - Los Angeles Times This comes to mind cause it happened locally to me. Reverse he roles and there would have been outrage but since it was straight dudes nobody seemed to care.

Not saying all gay people are like this but there is a very vocal population that I can see why people, especially older, can't stand them.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
using whatever restroom/locker room based on how they feel that day. Screaming discrimination any time something doesn't go their way.

Four firefighters sue San Diego - Los Angeles Times This comes to mind cause it happened locally to me. Reverse he roles and there would have been outrage but since it was straight dudes nobody seemed to care.

Not saying all gay people are like this but there is a very vocal population that I can see why people, especially older, can't stand them.
Do you understand the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation?

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with which bathroom you use.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:32 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33
When has the gay community ever asked for "special treatment" or "special rights"?
Quote:
using whatever restroom/locker room based on how they feel that day.
Where do you get that? I've never heard of gay man demanding access to the women's restroom.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:32 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Marriage?
And when will two same sex individuals create life to multiply and grow our species ?
First, it is not at all apparent to many of us that "growing our species" is a good thing.

Second, "growing our species" is not required of anyone, straight or gay. Nor is marriage required for "growing our species".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Civil Union ...Yes!
Marriage ...No!
You'll be thrilled to know that this is the way it is already - for everyone. All legally married people in the US have civil unions. We know this because the license is issued by the state. The church part is strictly optional.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
using whatever restroom/locker room based on how they feel that day.
You do know that gender identity and being gay are separate, unrelated things, right?

And besides, how is being able to use the facilities of the gender you identify as and live your life as "special treatment"???

Quote:
Screaming discrimination any time something doesn't go their way.
I don't understand your point here. I asked when has the gay community ever asked for "special treatment" or "special rights."

How is "screaming discrimination any time something doesn't go their way" - whatever the hell that means - asking for special rights? - and specifically what special rights???

Quote:

Huh? Again, I asked when has the gay community ever asked for "special treatment" or "special rights."

What do allegations of sexual harassment have to do with gay people asking for "special rights"???

Old 03-04-2015, 11:34 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you understand the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation?

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with which bathroom you use.

Yeah they go hand in hand. A dude thinks he's a chick in his head so he's not gay cause he thinks he's female? Get a grip sir.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
No, they should be required to pay taxes like anyone else that wants to play politics in this country.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:37 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
There can be many reasons a church will refuse to marry a couple. An example would be, a church would not marry a couple when one of the parties was having an affair and that affair was known to the church.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Should government let all churches marry homosexuals couples or not? What do you think?
" Let" does not equal force. There is a disconnect with the sensational title of this thread.

Other people's sex lives are none of my business.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:44 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Since you seem to be so in-tuned with the gay agenda (how ironic), please tell us what else is on their agenda, that they're going to "force" on the rest of us?
Schools are going to be required to teach students to memorize all the lines in Wizard of Oz and Gone With The Wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies