Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 10:06 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I highly doubt that. Not when you have a growing faction younger conservatives who aren't hung up on social issues such as gay marriage, or marijuana legalization (which BTW as we're seeing they tend to support), and are more concerned about fiscal responsibility as well as cutting back the federal government. Unless of course you really believe that only old folks like the Boomers Tea Partiers?
Yeah, it isn't young people that the Tea Party attracts. Anyone that claims they are a Tea Party person tend to be against gay marriage as well as other social issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but the movement is by no means dead.

The reality is that most of the TEA Party people have shifted their focus to more local issues and have become less "organized".

The TEA Party ideas are still alive and well and gaining traction in many states.

It was TEA Party principles shared by so many Texans that elected Dan Patrick as Lt Governor of Texas based upon his work on tax reform. Since his election, it's apparent that he is working to continue driving property tax reform.

If you were to listen to LOCAL TEA-centric conservative talk show hosts, they say again and again that conservatives shouldn't be giving any money to the national Republican Party but using it locally to elect officials who will be more accountable. It's a bottom up strategy, and it has had the effect of a smaller national TEA Party presence.

If you think the TEA Party is dead, that's fine.

IMHO, the only TEA Party people who are hung up on gay marriage are the coattail riders.
Oh I am sure the Tea Party will always exist at the local level in very far right wing areas. I was referring to the Tea Party at the national level.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, it isn't young people that the Tea Party attracts. Anyone that claims they are a Tea Party person tend to be against gay marriage as well as other social issue.
How many local TEA Party meetings or events have you personally attended and at what locations?

Old 03-06-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Oh I am sure the Tea Party will always exist at the local level in very far right wing areas. I was referring to the Tea Party at the national level.
What you can not seem to grasp is that most TEA Party members believe in things that aren't far right wing areas, they are core conservative ideas.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
How many local TEA Party meetings or events have you personally attended and at what locations?
How many Green Party meetings or events have you personally attended?

Old 03-06-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
What you can not seem to grasp is that most TEA Party members believe in things that aren't far right wing areas, they are core conservative ideas.
You say that like you really want to believe that, unfortunately others who say they are Tea Party all show themselves to be very far right. Maybe you should start calling out the people who call themselves the Tea Party when they show signs of being a far right wing conservative.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:24 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Within both parties there is always a struggle of factions. Look at the committee fight in 2008 between bill Clinton centralist and Obama left. But then I agree the tea is a movement within now and has been quite successful especially I state houses.The Republican party that not ignore the at success. This as they say isn't your mothers Democratic party in power or your fathers Republican party that took Senate and House back.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
How is the Tea Party movement supposed to be different from the Republican Party?
Short answer: they're one and the same.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
How many Green Party meetings or events have you personally attended?
None. Please show me a single post I've ever made where I have stated what the Green Party believes or what is going on in their movement.

If I were criticizing the Green Party, your question would be very valid, the same way that my question about what TEA Party meetings or events you've attended is valid.

Quote:
You say that like you really want to believe that, unfortunately others who say they are Tea Party all show themselves to be very far right. Maybe you should start calling out the people who call themselves the Tea Party when they show signs of being a far right wing conservative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Short answer: they're one and the same.
This just shows both of your ignorance.

The TEA Party has caused establishment Republican candidates to lose in primaries. That right there is proof that the TEA Party is not lock step with the Republican Party.

It's quite obvious that both of you make all of your assumption about the TEA Party based upon what you read on liberal websites and read on forums like this where you spend so much time trying to reinforce each others negative opinions.

It reminds me of the US WWII propaganda and the way the Japanese were portrayed.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:23 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Ebola is going to get me!!! Ebola, Ebola, Ebola!!!

I'm guessing you sit around with your buddies and one up each other with tails of white supremacy.

"That ain't nothing. I once saw a Tea Party group lynch a black guy."

"Heck, I can beat that. I saw a Tea Party group blow up a Mosque and rape a bunch of Muslim girls."

Sometimes I see really really stupid posts and think it can't get worse, then I read this from Boris and know that it does.
Why do you think Ebola is going to get you? A bit Irrational isn't it?? What has that got to do with Tea Turkey Terrorists?

Hey, I don't have any problem with you being a Tea Member, since lots of folks make bad choices in their lives and I really appreciate your posting, since it just verifies what I said about being way, way, out there to the extreme edge. Our Hunting Club meetings don't attract Supremacists like the Tea Party ones do. That should tell you something. I used to be a Republican and a big contributor, until Bush came along. I have a lot of gifts and mementos given to me by Politicians anyone would recognize, for my support, so not new to the Party, its membership, or how it works. I know a freaky group when I see one, and these folks do not share the core values of the GOP. They have their own Dark Agenda.

Again, thanks for validating my posts, My Friend, and don't worry about Ebola getting you. You should probably worry more about how the TEAs feel about Illegal Immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies