Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 03:58 PM

5,088 posts, read 2,298,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's talk about the DOJ report.

It's laughable. (Although I did stop at page 33 due to the same crap over and over)

First, you have all of these anecdotal stories of "abuse" without any explanation of the officers side. Did the officers in these stories acknowledge the stories were true? If so, why didn't the report state that? If not, what was the other side?

Second, the report talks about how FPD is revenue driven. Really? Let's see a report about how the federal government or just about every other level of government does when we start talking about revenue. What a joke. I love the story about the woman who didn't pay her tickets or show up for court causes her to get more violations for failure to appear and more fines. Let's see here, if I didn't pay my taxes and didn't show up for court appearances, what would happen to me? Would the federal government not issue warrants for failure to appear? Would the IRS not penalize me further monetarily? Of course they would. Does that mean they are racist against me? LOL.

Third, the report makes a big deal out of the statistics of black arrests and stops. They show that Ferguson has a black population of 67%, and that auto stops of black is 85%, citations 90% and arrests 93%. That does sound bad. Let's focus on the worst, the 93% of arrests are black people and the populations 67% black. That means there is a bias of 38%. Now, let's compare this local bias that the DOJ says is racially motivated to the DOJ's racial bias. Black people make up 12.6% of the US population ( Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). The percentage of people in federal prison that are black, put their by the DOJ, is 37.5% ( BOP Statistics: Inmate Race ). So, what would be the bias there? 195%. Yes, that's right the racial bias of the DOJ is five times greater than Ferguson.

------------

Let's summarize. The report is filled with one-sided anecdotal accounts. The report says that Ferguson, like pretty much every government, focuses on revenue. And, Ferguson's racial bias is five times lower than the DOJ.
No doubt about it. And look at this:
Associated Press
Hussein is using this b.s. report to try to start some nationwide crusade. God help this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 04:27 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,489,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I can't help but think this tragic though justified shooting was hyped and whipped into a frenzy by the media and made worse by the Obama administration. Was it all to somehow distract America from other scandals or was it done to bring attention to a real problem in America?

Young black men are singled out by the police more than any other race but the problem is they are usually guilty of breaking the law thus get the most attention from the police. It is a catch 22 of sorts.

What Brown did was stupid. What the angry people did to their own community was stupid. It is sad.
It was done last year before the election to gin up the black vote. They did the same thing before the 2012 elections with the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman thing, with basically the exact same result. After the election was over, the Obama/Holder justice department finished their "investigation" and announced that there would be no charges filed against Zimmerman. Oops. See you later.

They will be on the lookout for another similar case to whip up into a frenzy probably next year during the primaries, for the same exact reason, which is to gin up the black vote. Watch and see if they don't do it.

Anyone want to bet that they won't?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:20 PM

24,372 posts, read 22,982,365 times
In Philly yesterday a police officer and father of two was murdered by two would be robbers in a game store while buying a birthday present for his son. No national media attention for that, though. They have the killers, two brothers with criminal histories, in custody.
The LAPD case is interesting. The guy who was killed was a bizarre person and a criminal. But I think the LAPD is one of the worst trained and worst run departments in the country. It makes you wonder just how crazy things would get under a police state. Our Justice Department is a shambles as well.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:15 PM

3,951 posts, read 7,180,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Everyone who paid attention to this case and read the posts here with an open mind knew this alread. The whole "hands up" nonsense was a complete fabrication.
Quite right! I hope "PimpDaddy" Sharpton's insides are caving in!!!!!

Old 03-06-2015, 08:19 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Raise their young correctly. It takes a few generations to correct a problem that has been running wild for many generations. It has to start somewhere.
Raise their young? Not my responsibility. It is a parents' responsibility to raise their own children correctly. If the parents have those children, they should raise them responsibly. My point is that you cannot tell individuals who are already raising their children properly to "raise their children properly". That is why I got indignant about that. You should address the underclass types who aren't doing their job. In fact, Bill Cosby did that. Guess what. Underclass types, particularly women, lashed out at him. He called out the persons responsible for the problem, not the entire Black population. I have a problem with what you said because you were saying this in a manner that suggests that the whole Black population is responsible for such problems. The Black population who have a problem with being singled out, most are obeying the law and taking care of business. If you are concerned, address the hoodrats who aren't doing what they should do, and them alone.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:24 PM

18,927 posts, read 14,111,175 times
Americans once were like “killer bees.” When trespassed upon, the victim was not left to his own feeble devices. The community and the servant government were his allies, swarming to inflict justice in response to his injury.
“In Europe a criminal is an unhappy being who is struggling for his life against the ministers of justice, whilst the population is merely a spectator of the conflict; in America he is looked upon as an enemy of the human race, and the whole of mankind is against him.”
- - - Tocqueville, Alexis de, 1805-1859. . . Democracy in America, volume 1
Today, things are much different. We have an entrenched bureaucracy equivalent to "ministers of justice" who claim the monopoly on "fighting crime." And the community is more willing to tolerate and protect predators among them ("Snitches get stitches").

Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 PM

10,020 posts, read 9,472,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Quite right! I hope "PimpDaddy" Sharpton's insides are caving in!!!!!
Scumbag Sharpton is gonna go where the money is, the dbag knows a payday when he sees it.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Americans once were like “killer bees.” When trespassed upon, the victim was not left to his own feeble devices. The community and the servant government were his allies, swarming to inflict justice in response to his injury.
“In Europe a criminal is an unhappy being who is struggling for his life against the ministers of justice, whilst the population is merely a spectator of the conflict; in America he is looked upon as an enemy of the human race, and the whole of mankind is against him.”
- - - Tocqueville, Alexis de, 1805-1859. . . Democracy in America, volume 1
Today, things are much different. We have an entrenched bureaucracy equivalent to "ministers of justice" who claim the monopoly on "fighting crime." And the community is more willing to tolerate and protect predators among them ("Snitches get stitches").
Depends on who you were in America in those days. If you were a Black man in those days and became a crime victim, justice for you wasn't as likely.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:47 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,024,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Scumbag Sharpton is gonna go where the money is, the dbag knows a payday when he sees it.

him Obama and holder need to be jailed for inciting a riot.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
him Obama and holder need to be jailed for inciting a riot.
A riot would have taken place no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies