Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 01:09 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Just Breaking ........

Feds prepare criminal corruption charges against Senator Bob Menendez |CNN

Very interesting timing on this -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 01:59 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Good. I'm a democrat, but have always voted against him.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Doesn't surprise me, I came to the conclusion that just about every Jersey politician is corrupt one way or another regardless of their party.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:06 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Doesn't surprise me, I came to the conclusion that just about every Jersey politician is corrupt one way or another regardless of their party.
No need to specify the state.

All politicians are corrupt. They accept bribes. All of them.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No need to specify the state.

All politicians are corrupt. They accept bribes. All of them.
Maybe, maybe not, but Jersey seems to be very enriched in corruption throughout all of their politics.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:12 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Maybe, maybe not, but Jersey seems to be very enriched in corruption throughout all of their politics.
New Jersey and New York are both part of the wealthiest Metro in the country. More money = more corruption.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:13 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Grand jury investigating Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) |Washington Post - March 14, 2013

According to the Washington Post - a Grand Jury Investigation started in March 2013 ..... that's 2 years ago.
No Senate Ethics Investigation under Harry Reid - Reid even claimed "I know nothing about this".

Cases of political bribery are extremely hard to build and prove, according to ethics experts and public-corruption defense lawyers, and many such investigations fizzle with prosecutors never bringing charges.

Stan Brand, a veteran defense lawyer on numerous public-corruption cases, said establishing evidence of a crime in a scenario like that being examined by the Miami grand jury would be a “real tough row to hoe” for investigators and prosecutors. Federal bribery laws require proof that a politician received something of value with the express purpose and understanding that it was to influence his or her official action.

“You must show an absolutely direct nexus between the thing of value and the intent and the official act,” Brand said. “Unless you have a wiretap or direct evidence of an official saying, ‘I’ll do this for that,’ it’s too hard to show that.”

Sooo ..... this particular case has been hanging around for 2 years and this type of case is very hard to prove.
Now Holder announces that he is about to bring Corruption charges against a sitting Democratic Party Senator who just happens to the Ranking Democrat of the very powerful Senate Foreign Relatons Committee. Hmmm

Oh Lookee-Here!

Senator Menendez gave a speech at AIPAC on Monday of this week - he said that he will NOT be Intimidated by Obama or his political partners on Iran. Friday the DOJ signs off on Corruption charges.

One of the highest ranking Hispanic members of Congress, Menendez is a former chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He has become one of the Obama administration's most vocal Democratic opponents on two key foreign policy matters -- President Obama's decision to ease the trade embargo against Cuba and also his effort to engage direct negotiations with Iran over that country's nuclear program.

Any bets that this entire "Federal Corruption Charges" business is written with Disappearing Ink?
The activator is Bob Menendez backing down on both Iran & Cuba.

He just didn't know what real "intimidation" was, but he does now.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:19 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Pay back brother. Bob left the reservation and made it clear he supported Bibi and Israel and did not support handing Iran a nuclear bomb..

Bob will now go to jail for is turpitude!

Old 03-06-2015, 02:22 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
It seems to me that every member of the Senate is working for their "benefactor" and not their constituents. What did Menendez do that went so far beyond that standard of (mis)behavior?

Old 03-06-2015, 02:24 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Wow, that is very shocking (in my Ben Stein voice).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies