Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 01:11 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times

Advertisements

Don't we do far worse to animals before consuming their flesh?

Old 03-08-2015, 01:23 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
I remember there was a big stink about this in Seattle a few years ago. Lots of Somali and other Muslim refugees had poured into the area, and were asking their doctors to do it ..... of course this upset the doctors and all non-muslims in the area. After a while there was a compromise, some doctors agreed to make a token little incision in the clitoris to satisfy the Somali demands, in order to prevent them from doing it on their own.

This is analogous to the wearing of a ceremonial tiny knife by Sikhs to satisfy their religion's demand that all males carry a knife at all times.

It's time for humanity to grow up and shake off all the religions through education. We don't need the primitive beliefs and barbaric practices of "holy" scriptures containing myths and legends from a troubled past.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:06 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
It's already being done, and has been for years.

It's called "going home to visit"--they send the girls back to relatives for a couple of weeks, get the surgery done, send them back to UK and US.

Why would this be different.
This practice is just plain disgusting. You can bet your booties that it wasn't a woman who first suggested this barbaric practice!!! To even things up, the men should have half their "junk" sliced off if they are sending their daughters off to have this done.

To clear things up, this isn't just happening in UK. I saw a documentary and some doctors in the US (and most likely Canada) are performing this proceedure because they know if they don't, the young girls will be sent back "home" to have it done using the traditional barbaric methods by old cronies, with no anestetic in non-sterile situations. Doctors are virtually held over a barrel, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:14 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I remember there was a big stink about this in Seattle a few years ago. Lots of Somali and other Muslim refugees had poured into the area, and were asking their doctors to do it ..... of course this upset the doctors and all non-muslims in the area. After a while there was a compromise, some doctors agreed to make a token little incision in the clitoris to satisfy the Somali demands, in order to prevent them from doing it on their own.

This is analogous to the wearing of a ceremonial tiny knife by Sikhs to satisfy their religion's demand that all males carry a knife at all times.

It's time for humanity to grow up and shake off all the religions through education. We don't need the primitive beliefs and barbaric practices of "holy" scriptures containing myths and legends from a troubled past.
I have absolutely no problem banning all forms of organized and un-organized religions. If you look at history, you can easily see that religion has always been the bane of human progress. God exists, and he is great, but religion is a human concoction and riddled with human frailty and flaws. We need to understand the difference between spirituality and the love for God in all of its expressions, and religions as real obstacles to human progress. Just look at the history of holy wars, pogroms, fatwas, jihads, hate, trials, mutilations of all sorts and isis and you will easily conclude that it's truly an awful feature of human society. Religion is just disgusting, and truly an opiate of the masses to keep us stupid and tortured.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:20 AM

743 posts, read 832,411 times
Ban the clitoris! Do away with them like they did our foreskin! Let them see what it's like to be forced to experience 50% less pleasure as we men do! EQUALITY!!!

Old 03-08-2015, 04:24 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Don't we do far worse to animals before consuming their flesh?
I don't think so... no.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
There is a movement in the UK by Muslims to institute Sharia Law that would allow female genital mutilation to be legal (as it is in Muslim countries). /
Is this a practice that is wide spread throughout the Muslim community or just the practice of an extremist element? do all Muslim women i see on the streets have suffered from genital mutilation?
I have a hard time seeing what draws people to this cultural/religious demographic as it seems to be all about death/pain/suffering and their women are treated worse than livestock.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Is this a practice that is wide spread throughout the Muslim community or just the practice of an extremist element? do all Muslim women i see on the streets have suffered from genital mutilation?
I have a hard time seeing what draws people to this cultural/religious demographic as it seems to be all about death/pain/suffering and their women are treated worse than livestock.
I was friends with Muslim American woman in college and her plus her sister weren't treated like livestock. Her parents were just very strict to keep her from becoming like the modern America woman who gives out sex to dozens of men during school because she's "finding herself hashtag yolo." She also was very kind with amazing manners and always gave you a hug. Go figure.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:04 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
Yeah well there is your religion of peace all of you that say there is nothing wrong. Salaam = peace. Islam = submission,

It's time for humanity to grow up and shake off all the religions through education. We don't need the primitive beliefs and barbaric practices of "holy" scriptures containing myths and legends from a troubled past

Yes we all need to adopt the "religion" of atheism and worship the "goddess of reason" right? Let's not go from one extreme to another.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Yes we all need to adopt the "religion" of atheism and worship the "goddess of reason" right? Let's not go from one extreme to another.
The best solution would be to use the Men in Black device to erase our memory of religion ever existing. Only way to eradicate it, any other bickering about it is useless.

However, I must've forgot when reason and logic was an "extreme"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies