Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 01:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Or hypocracy, which you dont wish to discuss

Of course
You may want to look this up before you answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 01:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Neither does having a piece of paper which says "permit" on it..

Why do you have to be dishonest and now LIE about what the link is about.

he changed the word of the title from "guns" to "pieces of paper", thinking no one would notice..
Are you saying that the family does not own guns, only a piece of paper? If that is the case, I can agree with you. However, it is guns that are not locked up that I have a problem with.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You may want to look this up before you answer.
Not able to justify the left wing hypocrisy, therefore you believe a response like this is appropriate? Sorry, there is no substance there...

Try again

Last edited by pghquest; 03-08-2015 at 01:59 PM..

Old 03-08-2015, 01:33 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Demon View Post
I wonder how many people realize....or care....or can connect-the same-dots when they hear that every person who LEGALLY obtains a Medical Marijuana card/uses MMJ under the supervision of their doctor/in accordance with their State LAW INSTANTLY losses their 2nd amendment Right to possess a firearm OR risks an automatic 5 YEAR sentence should MMJ/plants be found in the same residence as a firearm?

FWIW...we needed the pain control more than the gun...so we are a weapon-less home @ this point in time.

And FWIW...I'm not comparing this in anyway to the responsibility of being a Foster Parent, I'm just pointing out that there are >other< ways to lose your 2nd Amendment right....yet...I'm doubting many folks will stand up and bark about it because of the double standards regarding "drugs" that exist in this country on many levels.

it will be interesting to see where this situation ends up.
Yes, I'm aware of this problem too. Some people will use any means available to feed their phobias about guns and marijuana. I wonder how many of the founding fathers had both guns and marijuana.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Foster children must be in car seats appropriate for children of their age and size. Also, it is the law that foster children must wear a seat belt. I am betting that any foster parent, who did not comply, would have the foster children removed from their home.
You missed the entire point of my thread. It's about the misleading article you linked to.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:38 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,944 times
Foster children are wards of the state, and the state is therefore ultimately responsible for a child's safety and wellbeing. Considering that accidental shootings of children in homes with guns is a big problem, ("in 2011, the most recent year with available data, the agency estimated that there were 847 unintentional nonfatal firearm injuries among children 14 and under"), state's put all kinds of requirements on gun owners.

My own parents have been foster parents for years. They are required to have all guns placed in a locker, and in no circumstances are they allowed to carry a firearm. In the eye's of the state that's no different than not having smoke alarms in all bedrooms or living in a house that doesn't meet building codes.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:59 PM

242 posts, read 413,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That would be pretty stupid. Someone using medical mj is certainly less of a risk than an alcoholic. I'm guess people decided to negotiate their rights here.
There's no negotiation that has taken place that I know of. (with who?) It's simply a fact that the Feds don't recognize state MMJ laws and that there is no way to legally own a firearm if you use MMJ. The only "negotiation" that may take place is on the scene and how the responding officers choose to deal with the issue of a gun and weed/plants/etc. in the same scenario. If they really want to take you to town...they only need raise the charges available to them.

Alcohol is legally sanctioned by the Fed. There are no penalties for being a drunk who owns a gun and when asked "Do you use illegal drugs" on the Federal form you break no laws by saying "No"...even if yer seeing double when yer filling out the form....

either way...just pointing out the inconsistencies and that the penalties/conflict exists.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Foster children are wards of the state, and the state is therefore ultimately responsible for a child's safety and wellbeing. Considering that accidental shootings of children in homes with guns is a big problem, ("in 2011, the most recent year with available data, the agency estimated that there were 847 unintentional nonfatal firearm injuries among children 14 and under"), state's put all kinds of requirements on gun owners.

My own parents have been foster parents for years. They are required to have all guns placed in a locker, and in no circumstances are they allowed to carry a firearm. In the eye's of the state that's no different than not having smoke alarms in all bedrooms or living in a house that doesn't meet building codes.
The couple is being told they cant have a PERMIT for a gun, not just the gun, but a PERMIT..

No one is saying they should be able to be irresponsible and leave the guns out, let the kids play with them, leave them out in the open etc..

Old 03-08-2015, 02:21 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
They put their love of carrying around a loaded firearm in the house over the kid's future.

If they feel it's unjust, put the guns away, take the kid and fight the said unjustness - making sure the child is taken care of first and foremost.

But to leave the kid out in the cold in favor of carrying loaded weapons in the house shows where their priorities really lay and perhaps the child is better off without them.
Agreed.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:28 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Since you're the one that brought up "brainwashing" by the culture you're raised in, I will counter with the notion that you're against guns because of your country's history of being a continent of criminals, and I submit that you don't trust people with guns because you don't trust yourself with one.
You can submit any irrational ignorant bizarre opinion you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies