Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:15 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,537 times

Advertisements

DEA Agent: We Were Told Not to Enforce Drug Laws in Rich White Areas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ime...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Matthew Fogg, a former US Marshal and special agent for the DEA who worked his way up the departmental chain, earning the nickname “Batman” for his enthusiastic work, told the story in an interview with Brave New Films.

In the segment, Fogg makes explicit comparisons between the so-called “War on Drugs” and literal military wars. He also draws attention to the overt racist and classist nature of the decades-long internal “war” (emphases mine):
[MOD CUT/copyright]
What a BIG surprise!

Just goes to show you our people in govt don't give a rats *** about "true justice" and only want to line their pockets and if innocent people get killed/injured they couldn't care less.

More videos of Fogg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvhn...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4fi...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-09-2015 at 09:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Well peace and love...
What can I say...
A Leo... with his own webpage... now that's interesting ... I don't know many ex leos that have their own web pages telling the rest of us how spectacular they are... that should be a glaring red flag...
So.. he wants to be a politician... politicians need platforms ... his is perfect ..oppress the black man..that always generates lots of press... marijuana .. that's always a great subject that dopeheads love to focus on

Except.... the big rub here...
He was a supervisorial marshal... he was responsible for the dictates of the people under him...
Now..he wants us to believe there was institutional racism that he has exposed and will fight against it for the little man...in both the dea and the marshals service... and he's one of the little people fighting Goliath...

Problem is if what he is alleging is true it would violate every known policy of his agency and federal law...
I call bunk on this guy... self serving...where are all his memos about this practice

Where is the internal investigation
Where is holders army in all this...

Throw mud... walk away... become a politician... platform of pot and whitey racism plays well in the district he wants to represent
Its a strategy... his motivation and allegations are worth investigating... he should be held accountable if true. Notice he always used unnamed sources.. and that sac...
Let's see where this goes

I arrest anyone and everyone... my department puts no pressure on me one way or another ... now.. disparity DOES begin when attorneys come out from under slimey stones... that is a fact... money can buy justice

Ethical behavior never sleeps... if what he alleged had any validity he was not only asleep.. but brain dead... what he suggested would be illegal on my department violating both policy and law

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-09-2015 at 08:02 AM..

Old 03-09-2015, 07:35 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Is this somehow surprising? We already had ample evidence that this was the case.

There's a reason black people are about 3X more likely to get arrested on drug offenses even though both black and white people are engaging in essentially equal drug activity. Law enforcement knows who to go after to keep the money flowing, and it's not white kids in the suburbs smoking pot and doing oxycontin.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
I'm shocked.. just shocked.
set up my chair, grab some popcorn and waits for the usual suspects to come in here and spin this around*

Old 03-09-2015, 07:42 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Is this somehow surprising? We already had ample evidence that this was the case.

There's a reason black people are about 3X more likely to get arrested on drug offenses even though both black and white people are engaging in essentially equal drug activity. Law enforcement knows who to go after to keep the money flowing, and it's not white kids in the suburbs smoking pot and doing oxycontin.
Agreed. This has been known for a long time and it's not limited to drugs. Money buys influence.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
"..there goes your overtime." explains it all. Without the War on drugs, not to mention a real war with ISIS, what would these guys do for a living? Without alcohol prohibition and Al Capone what would old J. Edgar have done to keep his job and extortion racket going? The first rule and continuous action of any Bureaucracy, government or private, is keep the money flowing regardless of what sort of nonsense is required.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:14 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:

In the ghetto I arrest people of all colors who have few choices but to live there
In rich suburbs I arrest people of all colors who can afford to live there
In rural stations I arrest the white trash that choose live there .

Its not about color its about behavior...and what the population is made up of....

Now... if your a person not of color in the middle of the night in the ghetto you'll pique my interest... no different than carload of bangers in a beach canyon in the middle of the night
One may be buying drugs... or just really lost... the other might be dumping bodies.. or taking a midnight run to the beach ....
The first scenario has been true in both cases

Profiling works... and works well... let's use more of it...

Old 03-09-2015, 08:21 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:

Now white folks are finally starting to give a damn. Now that the drug epidemic is killing their kids.

Overdose epidemic surges in suburbia

Old 03-09-2015, 08:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I think most of the problems would go away if we just legalized and sold all of the drugs in state owned stores and used part of the profits for rehabbing the addicts. Then we could use the police to investigate violent instead of consensual crime. That way the police would still be employed and we just might be safer.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:48 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think most of the problems would go away if we just legalized and sold all of the drugs in state owned stores and used part of the profits for rehabbing the addicts. Then we could use the police to investigate violent instead of consensual crime. That way the police would still be employed and we just might be safer.
But that would require lots of hard work, why do that when they can just arrest loads of people for smoking a plant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies