Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Fox News viewers are also the least informed. What good is a trusted news source, if you're dumber for having watched it?

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes

http://dcinno.streetwise.co/2014/02/...n-fox-viewers/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ticle-1.981257
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 09:58 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
The networks on television are nothing but slightly different flavors of the same poison.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:59 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to 1,286 people polled.

When poll results agree with your perceptions, they are deemed important.

When poll results disagree with your perceptions, they are deemed worthless.

Who are these people who answer phone calls from unknown callers and then dispense with skepticism and stay on the line and answer questions posed by strangers?
Exactly, and as is demonstrated here. You see the liberals moaning about how it's not accurate, "faux news" isn't trusted blah blah blah, and then slobber all over themselves in the thread with the poll saying a majority of republicans what Christianity to be the official US religion.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Well, this is pretty much a no-brainer, considering the rock-solid consistent results of the cable news ratings over the last 14 years, but in case there is still anyone out there that did not know, here is a poll by Quinnipiac to confirm it:
No surprises here.

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Interesting. I suspect it says something about the viewers more than the network. In my observation, conservatives tend to like to go to a source the serves up facts that agree with them-perpetually. They don't like to be challenged. Liberals are less inclined to seek confirmation all the time. Look at why Rush Limbaugh is a perennial favorite, yet there is no successful parallel on the left.

Liberals dine at more restaurants, conservative are cool with McDonalds three times a day.

For example, I like to listen to NPR or PBS (McNeill/ Lehrer News hour). Which was not even mentioned. And I like reading the Economist for a center-right take on things. I'll also tune in CNN or NBS, and if it is not an obvious political thing, Fox. The Daily Show is also worth a laugh once in a while, but no single source appeals to me, and I tend to avoid the obvious propaganda outlets on either side.

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Nobody forced you to:

1. Enter this forum for Politics and Controvserial Topics,
2. Click on this thread,
3. Read the OP and the other posts in this thread, and
4. Click reply and type out the response you made above, and also the other posts you have made here.

Rather than having this rammed down your throat, you seem to have sought it out and embraced this subject very much by your own free will.

As far as the rest, I think you exaggerating a bit, but whatever.
Do you have any idea how many threads there already are about how wonderful Fox News is?

No, i'm not exaggerating. And BTW...when is the first Fox check coming in your mailbox?

Old 03-09-2015, 10:02 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Fox News viewers are also the least informed. What good is a trusted news source, if you're dumber for having watched it?

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes

http://dcinno.streetwise.co/2014/02/...n-fox-viewers/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ticle-1.981257
People "trust" the news source that reaffirms what they already believe. Thus, 29 percent of Americans buy what Fox is selling. The other 57 percent in that poll do not. And since Fox is the only one of those stations that caters to the rightwing, what it actually proves is that the majority of Americans are not rightwingers.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:02 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
which is why Fox News watchers are also the dumbest...

it's pretty weird for people to "trust" a news channel.

I don't trust ANY of them.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:03 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
Nobody forced you to:

1. Enter this forum for Politics and Controvserial Topics,
2. Click on this thread,
3. Read the OP and the other posts in this thread, and
4. Click reply and type out the response you made above, and also the other posts you have made here.

Rather than having this rammed down your throat, you seem to have sought it out and embraced this subject very much by your own free will.

As far as the rest, I think you exaggerating a bit, but whatever.
Pretty funny considering ALL leftsts do is parrot propaganda.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:35 AM

936 posts, read 2,068,882 times
Fox News isn’t real news, it’s just a racist, sexist, hateful, right-wing propaganda machine owned by an Australian and funded heavily by a Saudi prince.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies