Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 10:47 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Whatch talkin bout Willis? Why would those decent, upstanding young boys be listening to black rap?
you should ask them if you're curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 10:47 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Barry Switzer was already copping pleas so you know he is on the horn trying to get these kids some help.
Help for what? They'll just take a year off, go on to another school, another frat and it'll be business as usual again.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:52 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Help for what? They'll just take a year off, go on to another school, another frat and it'll be business as usual again.
I don't think so.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Yep, so true. They'll be n*gger, n*gger out in the open among themselves all day long.
Yup, just like the cowards they are. And like I said earlier, they won't hire a qualified black person, but then turn around and complain about how black people don't want to work aren't positively contributing to society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Exactly this. And one might even venture to say that there are MANY SAE alum (and alum in their sister sorority TriDelta) are giving those guys attaboys. These people are still mentally living in 1864 and nothing will EVER change that fact. These boys are our future judges, lawmakers, company executives, etc....and NOTHING will ever change that fact either.
Exactly, nothing will ever change either of those facts.

Their sister sorority is Delta Delta Delta???? It all makes sense (hope I don't offend TriDeltas).

The TriDeltas at my school were known as the biggest...sexually liberated girls on campus. And the only way a black guy could ever hook up with a TriDelta was if they were a student athlete.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 533 times
What will happen to the girls involved in the singing of this song.? There were dates with these guys on the bus.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljamu View Post
What will happen to the girls involved in the singing of this song.? There were dates with these guys on the bus.
The girls on the bus were members of TriDelta sorority. And while I know that those girls are hoping it will all blow over they are also being investigated by the national organization.

The school's Delta Delta Delta sorority chapter was also feeling heat amid claims that some members were seen chanting in the video. The national office of the sorority issued a statement saying the "behavior documented in the video is deplorable and is in no way consistent with Tri Delta's ideals and core values."

The statement also said the sorority was cooperating with the investigation, but the chapter tweeted that "We fully support our OU president. We are NOT under investigation. The statement on our website is national protocol."
That drew plenty of sarcastic Twitter replies, including this from Jade.O: "So the #Tridelta racists singing with the #SAE racists- that's okay? Good to know."

Oklahoma students apologize for racist video

Old 03-10-2015, 11:27 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And here it is again. White people do something racist, yet it's the black community that needs to get together and make changes from the inside out, because this is black people's fault.

I'm accountable for what the other 38 million African Americans do for some reason, but is the white community held responsible for anything? Nope. Does the white community need to get together and teach their own that using racial slurs is wrong? Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Just pathetic.
Look in the mirror. I do not condone what those college kids did but that in no way negates you doing the very same thing. Next time a cop is accused of being a racist for doing his job, come talk to me about whites not being held responsible for other peoples transgressions. I hate racism...and its come off especially horrendous when the person railing against racism is doing the same exact thing they rail about. You fed the troll and now want to pretend he speaks for all white people. What that person said is not the general consensus of our society. It is pathetic and you are just as guilty.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Look in the mirror. I do not condone what those college kids did but that in no way negates you doing the very same thing. Next time a cop is accused of being a racist for doing his job, come talk to me about whites not being held responsible for other peoples transgressions. I hate racism...and its come off especially horrendous when the person railing against racism is doing the same exact thing they rail about.
Try comparing apples to apples.

Some cops are, perhaps, "just doing their jobs" and others are motivated by hatred and prejudice. But MOST are NEVER convicted when its the latter.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:40 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"The students were likely expelled for violating Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, which prohibits racial discrimination."

Expelled University of Oklahoma student apologizes for racist chant | Fox News
Apology is too little too late for that student. Anyway, it doesn't matter now. Expulsion could be the least of worries at this point, if what you are saying it true.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:40 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Try comparing apples to apples.

Some cops are, perhaps, "just doing their jobs" and others are motivated by hatred and prejudice. But MOST are NEVER convicted when its the latter.
Are you seriously trivializing racism? I'm not trying to paint white people as victims here, I'm trying to point out that racism is racism it does not matter the color. Today, racism affects everyone. To pretend that honest white people who are objective and treat people fairly do not get treated as racist by mainstream media for any negative interaction with a minority is only ignoring reality. We should be speaking out against all racism. Comical you prejudge white cops, that's just as ignorant as the racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies