Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 06:58 PM

78,367 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

It's kinda sad watching the people that thought the officer was inhuman racist scum.....read the DOJ report and then intentionally ignore the fact he was vindicated and focus on only the parts they want to hear.

Classy. Really Classy.

#golfclap

Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's kinda sad watching the people that thought the officer was inhuman racist scum.....read the DOJ report and then intentionally ignore the fact he was vindicated and focus on only the parts they want to hear.

Classy. Really Classy.

#golfclap
Don't include me in bringing up race in the Wilson case. I do however believe that he's not telling the whole truth in his testimony. There's still not a single witness who backs up his case. And before the defers to authority, there's not a single witness who backs up Wilson's story.

As far as all of the racism found within the department, I'd heard it but honestly didn't think it was that bad. After seeing how things have unfolded and many of the responses on C-D, I think race is still an issue in this country.

I think the things being done in Ferguson are a step in the right direction, but more needs to be done across the country where corruption is a common thing.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:41 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Here's another update on Ferguson.

City Manager Resigns

BBC News - Ferguson city manager John Shaw resigns

Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Here's another update on Ferguson.

City Manager Resigns

BBC News - Ferguson city manager John Shaw resigns
Yep...........the rats are jumping off the sinking boat.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:24 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They should dismantle the entire police department, court system and city administration and start all over................
Western civilization will indeed leave the place. The "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" crowd will get exactly what they want.

What will remain won't be pretty and will be 100% dependent on the productive parts of the USA for it's existence. In ten years they will wish they had been chanting "Pants Up, Don't Loot" because nobody else will care.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:45 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

Does that show that you even care about the people there?
nope, not an ounce, if the local don't care about the city and the majority just want to riot and steal, why should i even think about it.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:45 AM

I doubt many municipalities, companies etc. would survive a complete review of their emails etc. and not have a fair number of people forced out for forwarding inappropriate images, jokes, etc.

If they did it where I work they'd get one of my co-workers for sure. He's a liberal dem that is hugely politically incorrect in their sense of humor. They'd never treat another unfairly in real life but if they saw a funny joke about Bruce Jenner and women drivers (for example) they'd laugh and pass it on. I'm not a dummy...I get anything like that....delete. (They fired 4-5 people at a company I worked at in chicago for passing around dirty pictures....and they weren't white rich executives either. )

Heck, just look at the Sony execs.

Brett Favre and many others in sports.

Basically, you start looking into anybody and you're going to find 10% or so that are (joking or dead serious) sending around inappropriate materials either ethnic jokes, dirty pictures, sexist jokes, religious jokes....whatever.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:51 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
nope, not an ounce, if the local don't care about the city and the majority just want to riot and steal, why should i even think about it.
^^^^^This^^^^^

The people of Ferguson did not care one bit about their town. They saw an opportunity to vandalize a whole town. They looted, fought, burned, all because they cared about what???? This is what they want, this is what they get. Deal with the aftermath and please don't beg for free handouts.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
^^^^^This^^^^^

The people of Ferguson did not care one bit about their town. They saw an opportunity to vandalize a whole town. They looted, fought, burned, all because they cared about what???? This is what they want, this is what they get. Deal with the aftermath and please don't beg for free handouts.
In fairness, many of the worst offenders CAME to Ferguson and the looters and rioters that were local are not a large % of the community.

As such, I don't think it's fair to label and condemn Ferguson's residents OR police in general etc. by just pointing at the worst %.

That's the whole problem with these threads, everyone trying to define the "other side" by the worst behavior and then loudy stating how whites are or how blacks are or how cops are.....it's shameful, ignorant thinking.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:41 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
"These include a $50 fee charged each time a person has a pending municipal arrest warrant cleared."

A person would have to transgress to have an arrest warrant issued? Correct? How is this different the court cost or admin fees courts here in Miami charge?

I think it was appropriate and fair that gov't charge citizens when their actions cost the gov't an expense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies