Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 02:14 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The CBO says 30 million will go without.. how can you call this a success and not care that these people will DIE, (per Democrats)..

30 million, going without..
A couple of years ago, a man started a one day health clinic. People sat out in the cold all night so they could have a spot to get health care for one day. The man was British and he originally started the program to help those in poor countries. He brought it over to the US because he thought we needed it more. And he was right.

If that isn't the most shameful thing I've ever heard about this country, I don't know what is.

And remember, there were many more than 30 million who had no health care and died because of it before Obamacare went into effect.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:14 PM

89,004 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
How is a stay-at-home mother supposed to pay?
Typically, her husband pays enough in taxes, insurance premiums, etc., for the entire family.

Quote:
If you really want more people to pay, why not have prostitution legalized and tax that?
I'm fine with that.
Quote:
Or legalize the sale of all illegal drugs, like cocaine, meth, and heroin, and tax the income on that.
And that, too.
Quote:
Close the loopholes so the truly rich in our society have to pay US taxes on money earned in the US and sitting in Cayman Island banks.
You are WAY behind the times. Foreign banks can't hide Americans' money.

Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act

There have, however, been unintended negative consequnces for that:
The IRS's Attack on Accidental Americans
Quote:
Revoke the tax exempt status of churches
I agree.

Quote:
You could ask for all that, but instead, you'd rather cut off recipients of possible lifesaving healthcare.
Who do you think pays for that lifesaving healthcare? It's not free.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:23 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
How is a stay-at-home mother supposed to pay? My mom never worked a day in her married life. Yet when my dad died, she took his Social Security payout. How many other women are out there that do that? They contributed nothing, yet take the larger portion of Social Security, since they have amassed virtually nothing on their own.

If you really want more people to pay, why not have prostitution legalized and tax that? Or legalize the sale of all illegal drugs, like cocaine, meth, and heroin, and tax the income on that. Close the loopholes so the truly rich in our society have to pay US taxes on money earned in the US and sitting in Cayman Island banks. Revoke the tax exempt status of churches, or at least close the loopholes on that. Did you know the Duggar family have their house declared as a church so they don't have to pay property tax on it?

You could ask for all that, but instead, you'd rather cut off recipients of possible lifesaving healthcare.

You are so adamant about not paying that all you did was provide ways other people can pay more.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Typically, her husband pays enough in taxes, insurance premiums, etc., for the entire family.

I'm fine with that. And that, too. You are WAY behind the times. Foreign banks can't hide Americans' money.
They're doing a pretty good job then, of not telling us where the money is.

Quote:
Who do you think pays for that lifesaving healthcare? It's not free.
Neither is education. Yet we pay out for grants, loans (that don't get paid back), and scholarships, and we take the money of taxpaying people to support everyone's kids. How is that different?

Old 03-12-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
You are so adamant about not paying that all you did was provide ways other people can pay more.

Er, if you read my post, you will notice that I am talking about people who don't pay anything in taxes, not people are can pay more

OK, I gotta go get some stuff done. I'll come back and debate more with y'all later. Ta!

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhandem View Post
Red states get most welfare.
Only when you count things which are of bennifit to the country as amwhole: military installations, federal lands (liberal new England states own most of theirs, federal government stole the lands further west), federal installations, and things like the port of New Orleans which resides in one state, but services (import AND export) for 1/2 the country. Oh, yes, and Indian tribes.

Try doing some basic research!

Quote:
Nothing wrong with what Lenin called for. The biggest problem with Communism, as with all forms of government, is when the leaders become infatuated with their power and act like despots, instead of leaders of their countries. You're referring, of course, to Stalin, who was a fruitcake and murdered 30 million people. Or Hitler, or Pol Pot, or Mao, or the Japanese in China before WWII and so on. Any government and any form of government will run amok with a maniac at its head.
Again, Marxism has NEVER worked anywhere it's been tried and as the professor writes, the most democides have been committed by leftist governments.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
They're doing a pretty good job then, of not telling us where the money is.
Based on what?

Quote:
Neither is education. Yet we pay out for grants, loans (that don't get paid back), and scholarships, and we take the money of taxpaying people to support everyone's kids. How is that different?
Because everyone pays taxes at an equal rate in each school district, even renters. It's a part of their rent. That's what should be done with the ACA. Everyone pays. No government-created winners (takers) and losers (payers).

Old 03-12-2015, 02:39 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So how many people did Obamacare really convert to the Democrat party? I bet the majority of those people were already Democrats because of other government programs.
Really? I used to think you were better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Also, isn't 11.7 million falling waaaay short of pre-Obamacare projections. Think about it. The entire healthcare system in the US was turned on its head to accommodate 11.7 million people or 4% of the population. There are 318.9 million people in the US. They could have come up with something for the 11.7 million and left the other 302 million people alone.
Really? The entire healthcare system? How has it changed for federal employees and retirees?? Or people on Medicare? Or active/retired military on TRICARE? Or people who got their health insurance through their employer?

Also, there is no mandate for people to buy health insurance through the exchanges. None. The mandate is for people without health insurance to get health insurance. Buying through the exchanges is just one way to accomplish that.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Look at it this way. Before Obamacare, there 44 million plus who didn't have health insurance.
I stopped here cause your number is wrong..

We had 50 million uninsured, but 14 - 16 million of them were illegals, leaving 36 million uninsured americans..

Roughly about what we have now

The rest of your posting, has absolutely nothing at all to do with my posting at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies