U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2006, 09:38 PM

46 posts, read 94,759 times

Advertisements

We need a Chritmas magical Christmas ...to cover the mountain of debt reaching the stars. A giant tax pay-back that dosn't break the back of its people (being sarcastic) we need a magical bail out but, there is no free lunch....

Hard work! we need more hours in the day so we can pay a bigger share of our earned money to cover it, a bigger pay check will do it! paying a bigger percentage ...yet the same flat-tax from now until eternity...

Seems really the only way to pay it off, is to sell all the inventive products to the WORLD! The new industrial revolution; fuel-cell homes, cars, motorcycles; windmill farms, strawbale homes, solar homes, farms on and on. Before China does!!!!! That is where the jobs are, the growth needed to cover past spending, and refill the broken programs..... Break even and lead a eco friendly lifestyle. The Vikings on Greenland didn't change over, a thousand years ago, didn't give up their life style, didn't change their ways in the eye of the mini ice age..... We have to do it starting at the local levels, State levels, and give the politicians the political will, being WE are the government! Instead of always arguing 2 party politics, we need a third NEW CHRISTIAN REFORMATION PARTY, that can eventually become Libertarian, when the people grow up being responsibly mature enough to be morally responsible with such freedoms... Divided we fall... A third party would give THEM the will to follow the Will of the people; when the people GET IT together! Or plutocracy, plutocratic POWER! What will it be??? What choices will we make? Or not......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 09:50 PM

421 posts, read 242,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCMale View Post
We need a Chritmas magical Christmas ...to cover the mountain of debt reaching the stars. A giant tax pay-back that dosn't break the back of its people (being sarcastic) we need a magical bail out but, there is no free lunch....

Hard work! we need more hours in the day so we can pay a bigger share of our earned money to cover it, a bigger pay check will do it! paying a bigger percentage ...yet the same flat-tax from now until eternity...

Seems really the only way to pay it off, is to sell all the inventive products to the WORLD! The new industrial revolution; fuel-cell homes, cars, motorcycles; windmill farms, strawbale homes, solar homes, farms on and on. Before China does!!!!! That is where the jobs are, the growth needed to cover past spending, and refill the broken programs..... Break even and lead a eco friendly lifestyle. The Vikings on Greenland didn't change over, a thousand years ago, didn't give up their life style, didn't change their ways in the eye of the mini ice age..... We have to do it starting at the local levels, State levels, and give the politicians the political will, being WE are the government! Instead of always arguing 2 party politics, we need a third NEW CHRISTIAN REFORMATION PARTY, that can eventually become Libertarian, when the people grow up being responsibly mature enough to be morally responsible with such freedoms... Divided we fall... A third party would give THEM the will to follow the Will of the people; when the people GET IT together! Or plutocracy, plutocratic POWER! What will it be??? What choices will we make? Or not......

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/bg1733.c (broken link)

Maybe someone will rise up and start one soon. I hope it won't be the Anti-Christ.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 PM

antichrist ;-)) ...is a state of unbeliverness'

I like the "preterist" school, look it up on the google....

Old 12-02-2006, 07:22 AM

752 posts, read 593,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
Here is a link to spending on Capital Hill, Bush hasn't has not used his veto pen. Lower taxes is not the problem.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/bg1733.cfm
Exactly. We're agreed then. The problem isn't lower taxes. The problem is the President's management of spending.

Still think he's an economic mastermind?

Old 12-02-2006, 07:24 AM

752 posts, read 593,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuban View Post
I don't want to get into this one with you because of your stance on Iraq. The big reason behind the debt increase was due to the war in terror. You will come back at me with your belief that it's being run wrong. Then I will come back with my debate on why your wrong and we will be going back and forth for days.
That's fine. At least we both acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Pun intended.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:46 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,147,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Exactly. We're agreed then. The problem isn't lower taxes. The problem is the President's management of spending.

Don't worry, We can do like they did with the Euro. Ya know, Just say our money is worthless so we will make new money and say it's worth more.Oh wait, Before the Euro their money was worthless just like our will be.lol

Old 12-02-2006, 08:57 PM

421 posts, read 242,831 times
Quote:

He panders to the left.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:50 PM

112 posts, read 51,176 times
Quote:
That's fine. At least we both acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Pun intended.

The elephant might be in the room. But it's being led by donkey's and thats my problem of the elephant of today!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 AM

In the last 2000 thousand years we humans have faced bigger problems than we have today!!!! We are more than capable today ...to turn things around.........

The noise

Old 12-04-2006, 01:05 AM

327 posts, read 173,477 times
Quote:

I was the one who wanted to give a little credit to our President for not leading us into absolute chaos after 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina...no matter what anyone says, I still believe that he led us through those two tradgedies without any major mishaps. He is not perfect and I never professed that he was...however, I really wonder what you would be saying if Kerry had been elected and how things would have progressed with him leading our nation....remember, he voted to invade Iraq before he voted against it. And, by the way, my family has received more than $1000 from tax cuts and it has helped us live the American dream. Just out of curiousity, are you living in Scotland or in the U.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies