U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:35 PM

421 posts, read 33,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yeah. You really have to admire a guy who keeps the pedal to the floor and "stays the course" no matter how close he is getting to the edge of the cliff.

Yes I do admire a guy that stays the course. He's the President he needs to act like one. I don't expect him to surrender. I don't think the troops want to hear him talking about defeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 11:42 PM

5,496 posts, read 7,986,304 times
I think the writing is pretty much on the wall...

In about 20 years, the USA will have a far lower living standard, China will rule the world, and we'll be trying to learn Mandarin.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
Yes I do admire a guy that stays the course. He's the President he needs to act like one. I don't expect him to surrender. I don't think the troops want to hear him talking about defeat.
I think everyone should be questioning what this mission really is. It certainly isn't to prevent terrorism because more and more terrorists are being created everyday. It's not to liberate the Iraqi people either.

It's impossible to be defeated in a mission that has no purpose and no point.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:48 PM

I think Bush's primary mission is to bankrupt the USA and he's doing a pretty good job of that! Of course, he did that to almost every company he managed so why should this management job be any different!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:54 PM

421 posts, read 33,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think everyone should be questioning what this mission really is. It certainly isn't to prevent terrorism because more and more terrorists are being created everyday. It's not to liberate the Iraqi people either.

It's impossible to be defeated in a mission that has no purpose and no point.

I think the Iraqi's think they are being liberated because they are. Did you read all the good things that are going on in Iraq? I think Kimbercuddles posted them on a different thread. The military believe in their mission and I wish the media would pick up more of what they have to say. Whether we are in Iraq or not these terrorist do breed on a daily basis.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:39 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,024,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think Bush's primary mission is to bankrupt the USA and he's doing a pretty good job of that! Of course, he did that to almost every company he managed so why should this management job be any different!

I agree, the man couldn't manage a McDonalds.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:40 PM

14,468 posts, read 15,847,729 times
Exclamation Read the book "Asia Pacific" and new world disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I agree, the man couldn't manage a McDonalds.
by M. Dobbs-Higginson; a world traveler and CEO for Merrill Lynch/Asia pacific- to the above poster, who mentioned China, you could be correct. Visiting Honolulu, one sees businesses thriving; workers even at ABC stores take pride in their work; keep their shops clean.

Not to go O/T but Bush and his cronies have duped the American people, it seems- we are worried about fixing Iraq and the Asian countries are WAY ahead. The economy is thriving in Hawaii. Guess I should start making plans to move again.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:32 AM

316 posts, read 23,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
by M. Dobbs-Higginson; a world traveler and CEO for Merrill Lynch/Asia pacific- to the above poster, who mentioned China, you could be correct. Visiting Honolulu, one sees businesses thriving; workers even at ABC stores take pride in their work; keep their shops clean.

Not to go O/T but Bush and his cronies have duped the American people, it seems- we are worried about fixing Iraq and the Asian countries are WAY ahead. The economy is thriving in Hawaii. Guess I should start making plans to move again.
Americans have thrown their values and morals out the window...it's not Bush's fault that many parents don't teach their children to respect and be kind to people...much less any work eithic whatsoever. How can our country thrive when the backbone of America is our children who want everything given to them on a silver platter? Pride in one's job is something that is seen rarely, if ever. People blame the schools for our children not being able to pass simple exams...where are the parents? If they are able to read, maybe they should take the time to help their children understand. My parents gladly answered questions that I had when I was in school...it was their pleasure.

People may say that it's all Bush's fault...that's to be expected with our liberal-slanted media. Remember, though, that there ARE extreme improvements in Iraq that have ocurred within the last couple of years. Things that normally we would never hear about. Now that Saddam is finally gone, many Iraqui's don't have to be afraid that he will one day be in power, once again. I believe a lot of Iraqui's believed that America abandoned them in the gulf war. They've lived in fear that Saddam would come back and terrorize them worse than before. Just my opinion.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM

57,508 posts, read 29,127,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
As far as North Korea, A certain someone sold nuclear technology to north korea for "nuclear energy", with the assurance that they would NEVER use it for a weapon. You will NEVER guess who did that.
Anyone remember these posts, and the liberals who believed North Korea?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:04 AM

7,948 posts, read 7,039,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
How many voters will cast their ballot for a Democrat or Republican only because he or she has always voted that way in the past, knowing very little about each candidate's platform?

The reason I ask this is because about a month ago I went online to find out more about the Louisiana representatives and had an extremely difficult time even finding out WHO was running, much less what their top priorities are, etc. It makes me wonder if the majority of people are just voting on hearsay, media reports or what their friends and family say. There was a poll not to long ago in which people on the street were asked if they knew who the Secretary of State, Vice President, Speaker of the House, etc., were and if I remember correctly, less than HALF of the people questioned responded correctly!!!!!! I don't know about you, but that scares me!

Prior to the election I did some posts to ask people to cast a vote with the personalities removed from the issues.... Oddly people voted for Ron Paul.
I did it on many topics and it was interesting to see what people thought.
It isnt that they are always uninformed but sometimes choose not to see a candidate for what they are. Most want to jump to a party affiliation vs looking at what they say and believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies