U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2006, 11:42 PM

327 posts, read 173,390 times

Advertisements

How many voters will cast their ballot for a Democrat or Republican only because he or she has always voted that way in the past, knowing very little about each candidate's platform?

The reason I ask this is because about a month ago I went online to find out more about the Louisiana representatives and had an extremely difficult time even finding out WHO was running, much less what their top priorities are, etc. It makes me wonder if the majority of people are just voting on hearsay, media reports or what their friends and family say. There was a poll not to long ago in which people on the street were asked if they knew who the Secretary of State, Vice President, Speaker of the House, etc., were and if I remember correctly, less than HALF of the people questioned responded correctly!!!!!! I don't know about you, but that scares me!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2006, 12:10 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,262,924 times
Here is something even more scary. hannity does man on the street Thursday.
Flipper asked a political science major who was the VP and she could not even answer it. Another batch of potential voters were shown pictures of Rice
Reid Pelosi Hasstert Jesscia Simpson Paris Hilton and Alec baldwin nobody could pick out the politicians but most knew the hollywood types

Old 11-07-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Here is something even more scary. hannity does man on the street Thursday.
Flipper asked a political science major who was the VP and she could not even answer it. Another batch of potential voters were shown pictures of Rice
Reid Pelosi Hasstert Jesscia Simpson Paris Hilton and Alec baldwin nobody could pick out the politicians but most knew the hollywood types
And to think that these are the people who are going to be voting to decide the future of our country...it's too bad that there aren't some sort of rules or stipulations to be able to vote. I'm sure the ACLU would step in at that point.

It just makes you wonder where our priorities are when kids know all of the Hollywood stars, yet have no clue regarding politics.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:27 AM

911 posts, read 3,197,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
How many voters will cast their ballot for a Democrat or Republican only because he or she has always voted that way in the past, knowing very little about each candidate's platform?

The reason I ask this is because about a month ago I went online to find out more about the Louisiana representatives and had an extremely difficult time even finding out WHO was running, much less what their top priorities are, etc. It makes me wonder if the majority of people are just voting on hearsay, media reports or what their friends and family say. There was a poll not to long ago in which people on the street were asked if they knew who the Secretary of State, Vice President, Speaker of the House, etc., were and if I remember correctly, less than HALF of the people questioned responded correctly!!!!!! I don't know about you, but that scares me!
HeHe...You should go down to NOLA...The Demos pick up their voters in buses and taxi's, give them a bucket of Chicken and a $20 dollar bill!!
Really, that is the God's truth, I was a witness many a year! lol

Old 11-07-2006, 01:48 AM

Unhappy Amazing...

DeLaSalle...I laughed when I read your post, but then I realized that you were serious...and then I looked over at the television and saw Howard Dean on Fox News (thought I was dreaming) and started to wonder if he had stock in chicken (Popeyes, maybe?)

Old 11-07-2006, 09:10 PM

911 posts, read 3,197,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
DeLaSalle...I laughed when I read your post, but then I realized that you were serious...and then I looked over at the television and saw Howard Dean on Fox News (thought I was dreaming) and started to wonder if he had stock in chicken (Popeyes, maybe?)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 11-08-2006, 05:54 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,147,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
HeHe...You should go down to NOLA...The Demos pick up their voters in buses and taxi's, give them a bucket of Chicken and a $20 dollar bill!!
Sad but true ppl vote party lines not issues as for the dems they always buy votyes all I can say is if we don't get a GOP pres than the country is going back to the Clinton years GOD HELP US.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:37 PM

752 posts, read 593,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Hi,

This is interesting. Tell more.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:06 PM

148 posts, read 789,508 times
Default Worse?

I don't know what is worse--uninformed voters or an uninformed:

Republican President?
Republican Vice-President?
Republican Cabinet Members?
Republican Senators?
Republican House Legislators?

As of today, I'm just happy that there's fewer Republican Senators and fewer Republican House Legislators.

Cross your fingers! Maybe in the future there will be one less Republican President, and one less Republican Vice-President.

I'm from Georgia--the peach state.

IMPEACHMENT IS PEACHY.

Z

Old 11-09-2006, 12:48 AM

Hi Zelia...instead of generalizing Republicans as negative, may I ask which specifics bother you or that you disagree with? I don't know how Iraq will end up in the long haul...no one does. I do know that even the Democrats agreed that it should be done....and I think that most people don't believe we should "cut and run".

In my opinion, the fact that President Bush has led America in a very assertive way through two of the worst disasters known to Americans (9-11 and Katrina) makes me proud....I know a lot of people disagree, that's okay. He has never changed the course that he believes in and I respect him for that. I respect him for the fact that he has attempted to do or has done almost everything that he spoke about before his election and re-election.

The economy is great, unemployment is down (one tenth of a percentage point above Clinton's), we have more money to throw into the economy because of the tax cuts...does anyone realize the good points regarding President Bush and the Republican party? Just curious.

Okay, so if you had to grade President Bush on all other aspects besides Iraq, what grade would you give him and why?

p.s. I really don't like peaches at all, nothing personal. I'm moving to the sunshine state where my attitude will be BEACHY KEEN!

Last edited by Kimbercuddles; 11-09-2006 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: It's too late for me to be awake....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies