Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Well, White police officers who are shooting unarmed Blacks will certainly NOT be prosecuted because every time , the grand jury will not find any criminal conduct, although this series of killings continue to grow exponentially.
Question: why not just clear the grand jury stuff out of the way and allow the city, the county and the federal to bring criminal charges against those who think being in uniform is a green light to gun down unarmed citizens for free ?
Other questions:
Are our police forces infiltrated by some extremists who are working hard to stir up a race war in America? It looks like !
Clearly the only answer is NO Police should patrol OR respond to Crime in any situation in which Black people might be present at all. That should "fix" the problem and make people happy.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:02 PM

723 posts, read 806,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
What a load of hokum.
So you guys are NOT ashamed whatsoever of seeing this disgraceful trend in which in a "civilized world" , police officers set aside pepper spray and teasers on purpose to gun down on regular basis unarmed people from the same ethnic group? You are not concerned when in the very same police department ( Ferguson) where a white cop shot and killed an unarmed Black, a high ranking police officer referred to the president of the United States as a monkey or a gorilla ? Yeah, Obama was a potential danger too for being Black! wasn't he?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:11 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yes,, and we do both.. and force is needed to take people to jail that dont want to go.. rarely do people go.. "sure.. please let me jump in the back seat of your radiocar ...I want to go to jail... please take me".. just putting on handcuffs unless the person is totally compliant.. (which happens... ummm... maybe a quarter of the time...) the rest can be a "dance around" the yard

Please.. stick to protesting and whining and leave police work for policemen who live it everyday. My department is typical of professional departments everywhere
I am really glad your PD has the funding for training every 30 days for all your 1,000 plus officers and to pay all these instructors. After the calling of mike brown a thug, you are that 10%..... I am not defending anyone but simply saying that there isn't enough training as clearly stated in the article below by NYPD representatives themselves...

All I read in your response was my and I as if your department represents the entire Law Enforcement community.... You guys prolly have take homes and laptops for every officer....

I would go toe to to with you but you clearly have no clue what is going on around other police departments... You can read the article yourself because I am done with you.

Cops say training after Eric Garner

About 80 percent of cops retrained after Eric Garner's death called the three-day police academy program a “waste of time,” and many fell asleep in their seats, says a high-ranking NYPD official.

There’s not enough tactical, hands-on training. This should be 100 percent hands-on training, not sitting in a classroom eating breath mints because it’s going to make you curse less.”

The veteran boss said that the $35 million “smart policing” primer is a flop, and that eight out of every 10 cops give it negative reviews when they finish the training. The NYPD has already retrained 4,000 cops and reviewed about 2,000 surveys, the boss said. Another 16,000 officers will be trained.

“Officers thought they were going to get some real hands-on, quality training on how to deal with a hostile prisoner or arrestee,” the source said. “They didn’t get that.”
Instead, most of the training involved eight-hour lectures — with some cops dozing off, he said.

“It’s three days, it’s boring and there’s no real tactics,” he said. “They’re not putting them in scenarios. Cops felt they would get more tactical training in light of the Eric Garner case.”

“It’s been a big disappointment on the backs of the city because they’re paying for this course,” the insider said.

“Instructors are saying that students are falling asleep,” the source said. “You wouldn’t take a college course at midnight.”

Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Well, White police officers who are shooting unarmed Blacks will certainly NOT be prosecuted because every time , the grand jury will not find any criminal conduct, although this series of killings continue to grow exponentially.

Are our police forces infiltrated by some extremists who are working hard to stir up a race war in America? It looks like !
No, Police are not infiltrated by some extremists working hard to stir up a race war. The "Public" is infiltrated by extremists. You can always spot them, if you look. They start "Hate Cop" threads, promote "Lynch Mob Law" and have no use for Grand Juries of impartial citizens that may find against Criminal behavior.

Does that sort of answer it?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:14 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
So you guys are NOT ashamed whatsoever of seeing this disgraceful trend in which in a "civilized world" , police officers set aside pepper spray and teasers on purpose to gun down on regular basis unarmed people from the same ethnic group? You are not concerned when in the very same police department ( Ferguson) where a white cop shot and killed an unarmed Black, a high ranking police officer referred to the president of the United States as a monkey or a gorilla ? Yeah, Obama was a potential danger too for being Black! wasn't he?
Yep.. Im ashamed that there is a segment of society that is bolstered by irresponsible media and posts like this that are less than clueless...that are some of the same idiots beliefs and attitudes that the officers of Ferguson are facing.. and the rest of Americas thugsters emboldened by this and our cowardly racist politicians.. insert any name you like.. Holder.. Obama.. Sharpton.. Shabazz... DeBlasio..Occupy.. the New Black Panthers," Louie" Farrakhan... and every misguided and lied to,, false narrative loving protestor out there ... all of them

No.. Im concerned for Darren Wilson, for the grace of God there go I, who has a target on his head for the rest of his life..and lets not forget his family and parents... all of whom have been threatened.. and having to go into self imposed exile... who is no longer a policeman,, I'm concerned for the decent citizens of Ferguson who testified truthfully in the overwhelming hostile environ... I'm concerned for the city as a whole whose sorely needed business owners were burned out

I already effectively and truthfully disputed every one of your statements... everything else is drivel... looks brownish colored to me

Time for one of your "cookies" isnt it?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-12-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 09:17 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I am really glad your PD has the funding for training every 30 days for all your 1,000 plus officers and to pay all these instructors. After the calling of mike brown a thug, you are that 10%..... I am not defending anyone but simply saying that there isn't enough training as clearly stated in the article below by NYPD representatives themselves...

All I read in your response was my and I as if your department represents the entire Law Enforcement community.... You guys prolly have take homes and laptops for every officer....

I would go toe to to with you but you clearly have no clue what is going on around other police departments... You can read the article yourself because I am done with you.

Cops say training after Eric Garner

About 80 percent of cops retrained after Eric Garner's death called the three-day police academy program a “waste of time,” and many fell asleep in their seats, says a high-ranking NYPD official.

There’s not enough tactical, hands-on training. This should be 100 percent hands-on training, not sitting in a classroom eating breath mints because it’s going to make you curse less.”

The veteran boss said that the $35 million “smart policing” primer is a flop, and that eight out of every 10 cops give it negative reviews when they finish the training. The NYPD has already retrained 4,000 cops and reviewed about 2,000 surveys, the boss said. Another 16,000 officers will be trained.

“Officers thought they were going to get some real hands-on, quality training on how to deal with a hostile prisoner or arrestee,” the source said. “They didn’t get that.”
Instead, most of the training involved eight-hour lectures — with some cops dozing off, he said.

“It’s three days, it’s boring and there’s no real tactics,” he said. “They’re not putting them in scenarios. Cops felt they would get more tactical training in light of the Eric Garner case.”

“It’s been a big disappointment on the backs of the city because they’re paying for this course,” the insider said.

“Instructors are saying that students are falling asleep,” the source said. “You wouldn’t take a college course at midnight.”
This was DEBLASIOS training program.. and totally ineffectual and rejected by rank and file NYPD.. thanks for making my argument
for me that there are political people who have agendas that are an anathema to good policing... as far as "going toe to toe " with me.. hey.. go for it.. you might be disappointed in your knowledge and arguments involving police work.. I think I can hang without having a nervous break down... but thanks for thinking of me

Time for another "cookie" !!!!! You have won the nightly prize

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-12-2015 at 09:52 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post

Having the proper training would allow the officer to take out the more appropriate less than lethal and or even go fist to cuff to preserve lives. They have all types of training like pressure point, hand to hand combat, taser, pepper spay, hand to knife, etc. They shouldn't be shooting period but it happens because they don't train properly.

There is more but you can see where I am going with this....

After reading that, I can see where you should be going with it. To shovel it on the garden. As "pure" as that is, will be a good crop.

Have you considered that "Criminal Behavior" may be the greatest cause?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Great question and you make a great point!

And to add to what you are saying, the problem is that officers aren't faced with these issues often. You can't get this training from hire officers that are not culturally diverse. Many young officers refer to the book when handling situations... You don't learn in the academy, you learn on the street.

I am going to post a video and let's see how many people will notice the fact that this officer is reverting back to "the academy". They are like robots....

This is a typical take-down you learn at the academy. You are telling me that the lady officer couldn't have removed the knife from the 70 year old lady without a hapkido style throw down? This is what is happening because they have no training. They don't know any better. In the academy they are taught "see knife, disarm, and take down to arm bar and handcuffing.

She could have easily done an arm bar to remove the weapon or used her baton to swipe the knife then reengage to proceed with a hand cuffing technique all while the both standing up. Her training did not teach her that by throwing down an old lady in a public area such as walmart, her actions could have inflamed bystanders observing an old lady get taken down. She put her self in harm's way all cause she doesn't have the proper training. She could have been tackled.

Btw, a baton can be used to employ non-lethal blows to the arms, hands, legs, and below the head/neck. A gun has no such option. Clearly some people don't know the different ways to use their weapons they have been trained in.

No one can argue with me on this.. Try it. Try explaining how a fit police officer should be throwing down a 70 year old with all her training...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv7qyXvoM5E

Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:

Nope. Never considered it a trend. Considered it enforcing the Law, especially in Browns case. (Felon Robber and Assault Criminal)

As far as dissing Obama, its done thousands of times a day, by people in all categories and walks of life. He probably has been called a lot worse.

You should hear what some folks call the Protesters and Looters.

Personally, I think "Looters" should be SHOT on sight, armed or unarmed, like rabid animals.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:38 PM

468 posts, read 553,536 times
Quote:
Question: why not just clear the grand jury stuff out of the way and allow the city, the county and the federal to bring criminal charges against those who think being in uniform is a green light to gun down unarmed citizens for free ?
Other questions:
Going to post what I did in another thread:

"I don't see why people can't deduce that non-black law enforcement killing or injuring a black person does not automatically equate to "racism" or "oppression" etc. If that 'good boy' in Ferguson had been allowed his way & he went on to kill a black person, I'd bet the media would then be crying how the white folk don't care enough about blacks in poor communities to do their job.

Not saying M. Brown deserved to die but a better response would have been to question WHY black men involved in criminal activity have such blatant disregard for authority & its negative consequences."

So again, police officers doing what they are trained to do in a dangerous situation when confronted by a criminal should not result in a witch hunt and media castigation, just because the perp is black. If police brutality is involved that's another story but I rarely see that in these cases. Why are people citing random case of police power abuse if they have nothing to do with these cases? Some desperate attempt to remove any responsibility from black criminals and paint them as martyrs? That a black may be unarmed is absolutely NO reason to assume he was innocent and a victim.

This black fantasy of punishing anyone of another race who legitimately reacts to black behaviour in a manner not approved by the general black population has morphed into a serious problem. No sane person is going to surrender the right of self defence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies