Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:20 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh, is that what happened?
You don't know? You suggested it.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Lol, what? Saving money is now....bad? Odd. Like I said, not hard to rework a menu & still make it nutritious, healthy & taste good.
You didn't say that. You said the schools need to hire competent people because they couldn't follow Michelle Obama's meal plan. Now you back peddle.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:26 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,516,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You didn't say that. You said the schools need to hire competent people because they couldn't follow Michelle Obama's meal plan. Now you back peddle.
Uh yeah, I said that & reworking a menu. Maybe go back & reread. No back peddling, sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Ahh. Michelle Obama makes a dictate that requires all the school systems across the country to fire all their kitchen staff, meal planners, nutritionists, contractors and start anew.

LOL. Weird how far out there you will go to make excuses for the Obamas.
Quote:
You don't know? You suggested it.
Ehm, no. You however did say it. Please provide proof, thanks.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,152,951 times
Quote:
He never said anything about firing current staff and hiring competent people to replace them, he just said they need to have someone on staff to help rework the menu. That doesn't insinuate firing anyone.

You're the only one who suggested firing current staff and starting over.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:30 PM

23,156 posts, read 12,262,620 times
Quote:
Lol, what? Saving money is now....bad?
I guess if you feel a hot dog, sans bun, an apple, a cherry tomato and a small container of milk is okay, as long as they can save money by serving it.

Quote:
Odd. Like I said, not hard to rework a menu & still make it nutritious, healthy & taste good.
Like I had previously commented, they should kick her program to the curb and come up with their own menus ... funny how you continually fail to get that. geez.

Weird how you can defend her program, yet turn around and say that schools should create their own healthy menus, which basically means that they would be ignoring her program. Ha, that's funny.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I guess if you feel a hot dog, sans bun, an apple, a cherry tomato and a small container of milk is okay, as long as they can save money by serving it.

Like I had previously commented, they should kick her program to the curb and come up with their own menus ... funny how you continually fail to get that. geez.

Weird how you can defend her program, yet turn around and say that schools should create their own healthy menus, which basically means that they would be ignoring her program. Ha, that's funny.
Like I said, get someone who knows what they're doing. Not hard to rework a menu into something nutritious & tasteful.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,152,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Or...it basically means to take her suggestions and program and tailor their own healthy menus based on available resources at that school and any staff additions or consultants. Regardless if they use the First Lady's program or not, it's still something that was encouraged and promoted by the FLOTUS, meaning they wouldn't be 'ignoring' her initiative in the end.

I didn't realize this thread was about school menus, though?

Old 03-16-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Ehm, no. You however did say it. Please provide proof, thanks.
Sure thing.
Quote:
It's called having someone on staff who knows what they're doing,....
Quote:
Like I said, get some competent people in the schools. ...
You state the reason the lunches are so nasty after Michelle Obama's dictate is that the school are full of incompetent people. Thus in order to comply with the Obama meal plan, they must fire all these people and get other people. This when there were no complaints before or by anyone else that lunch staff is incompetent.

i.e. It's nonsense of course, but then again you are making excuses for another Obama failure.
Proof provided.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
He never said anything about firing current staff and hiring competent people to replace them, he just said they need to have someone on staff to help rework the menu. That doesn't insinuate firing anyone.
LOL. Do you ever read what you post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies